IGNORED

The CompuMate List

Amstari

I wonder why not more coders done games or demos on Compumate. I wonder if something like Pitfall would be possible. Or is it restricted to that Basic, I guess so. Maybe games like early Epyx stuff would be possible, a lot of their early stuff was done in Basic. Also, would love to see a scrolling demo on Compumate, with music.

Edited by high voltage

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder why not more coders done games or demos on Compumate. I wonder if something like Pitfall would be possible. Or is it restricted to that Basic, I guess so. Maybe games like early Epyx stuff would be possible, a lot of their early stuff was done in Basic. Also, would love to see a scrolling demo on Compumate, with music.

I'm not sure if the CompuMate can load code other than just the in-built Basic, but I am trying to find out.

Although the 2K limit would be a problem it could be overcome with a multi-load game.

I find it difficult to write and edit Basic using the CompuMate so I want to find out if there is a way to write the code on a PC then convert it to an audio file to be loaded by the CompuMate. I have asked about this on a SpectraVideo computer forum (http://www.network54.com/Forum/25917/) I have been told it should be possible but I don't have the ability to make the convertor myself. I might ask in the Atari 8-bit computer section.

I've updated a demostration video of the CompuMate to YouTube. It is just done with the camera on my phone.

(I will embed the video in the post if someone can PM me and tell me how to do it.)

I've also started a CompuMate section on my website: http://ninepinninja.weebly.com/compumate.html

Any feedback would be welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine this week.

Spectravideo NTSC CIB BC0100028434

MItch

Hi Mitch, I tried to add your info to the original post but I'm no longer able to edit it.

As a Moderator are you able to update it?

I only have moderator rights in the 7800 forum. I've asked one of the other mods to take care of it.

Mitch

YES YES YES

here's mine:

Beautiful, new in box with everything, even the tape cable. I am a happy bunny

BC0100014522 NTSC

It looks great! I'm jealous, I don't have the box or manual.

What is in the catalogue that came with it?

I need to get a moderator to add your serial number to the original post. (So if any 2600 forum moderators are reading this can you please send me a PM)

I need to get a moderator to add your serial number to the original post. (So if any 2600 forum moderators are reading this can you please send me a PM)

You should have permission to edit the first post, is it not working?

Mitch

You should have permission to edit the first post, is it not working?

Mitch

I just tried again and it is working now! :)

I thought it wasn't working because this is what is says on the Subscriptions page: "- Edit window of 30 days versus one hour"

I will add you and high voltage to the list now.

I was wondering:

Do PAL CompuMates from Spectravideo (not Universum) actually exist?

8)

Hi Rom Hunter,

I can't be 100% sure because I don't have the box for mine but it does have a Spectravideo label under the keyboard unlike the Universum version.

Mine has a sticker that says "Passed QC P", whereas others have "Passed QC N".

post-27767-0-52538000-1305300472_thumb.jpg post-27767-0-24198900-1305300501_thumb.jpg

I think I can open the cart without damaging the end label so I will have a look at the PCB for any info.

I was wondering:

Do PAL CompuMates from Spectravideo (not Universum) actually exist?

8)

Hi Rom Hunter,

I can't be 100% sure because I don't have the box for mine but it does have a Spectravideo label under the keyboard unlike the Universum version.

Mine has a sticker that says "Passed QC P", whereas others have "Passed QC N".

post-27767-0-52538000-1305300472_thumb.jpg post-27767-0-24198900-1305300501_thumb.jpg

I think I can open the cart without damaging the end label so I will have a look at the PCB for any info.

I think the label underneath the system together with the P sticker will suffice.

Would be nice to have a sharper picture of that P sticker.

8)

Would be nice to have a sharper picture of that P sticker.

As requested, here is a better picture of the sticker.

post-27767-0-28419400-1305361669_thumb.jpg

I opened the cart and took some pictures of the PCB for my own curiousity.

post-27767-0-27248200-1305361817_thumb.jpg post-27767-0-89831900-1305361847_thumb.jpg

The IC with the hand written sticker is two ICs on top of each other soldered together. It has CompuMate Version 12 on the back of the PCB.

I just pick up this game, is new but the Blister is opened. Since in this topic all the Compumate Fans are reunited, I want to ask a Rarity / Value check or How much I sholud ask for it. Help is appreciated.

Damn!!!!!!

Start a thread in 2600 - I believe it is unheard of!

I just pick up this game, is new but the Blister is opened. Since in this topic all the Compumate Fans are reunited, I want to ask a Rarity / Value check or How much I sholud ask for it. Help is appreciated.

Damn!!!!!!

Start a thread in 2600 - I believe it is unheard of!

Ok, I will do so. Thanks.

I've programmed a "Rock, Paper, Scissors" game for the CompuMate.

Rock Paper Scissors CompuMate.mp3

It's only a simple game but I hope some people will enjoy it.

I have also adapted a program program for calculating a percentage change. The original program was in the Amazing Amstrad Omnibus and I wanted to see if it would work on the CompuMate.

PercentageCalc.mp3

Next I think I will try a Tic-Tac-Toe game. If anyone has any other ideas feel free to make suggestions,

• Like 1