IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 4 Round 11 (Special Round)

zylon

Thursday's table. Overnight someone's been busy I see. :ponder:

Total round points:

JacobZu7zu7- 26

roadrunner- 26

sdamon- 25

zylon- 25

atariron82- 17

SonicR- 11

I think this point system is going well. :) It's balancing out the heavy-hitters making things interesting. We've got ties in 1st and 2nd right now and only one taker on my bonus point challenge. Practice up, those bonus points could make all the difference!

I've been a good sport and haven't played the bonus yet. I'll start later. ;)

I thought about combined score, but all it would take is a great Megamania run to blow people out. I wanted it to stay competitive. :)

I'm planning some "player's choice" rounds. If you guys are up to it. ;) I'd let each of the regular players(played at least 3 games this season) send me a PM with games they want to see. I'd pick 4 or 5 from a member's list as the poll for their round. Anyone beating the chosen "member of the round" would get an additional HSC point. The chosen member would get bonus point likewise if they won the round.

Just some ideas. :)

Edited by zylon

megamania 66,160 and galaxian 38,890

I never put much time into the 5200 version of galaxian...played about 20 times this week and my score jumped dramatically.... Will have another entry for this game, but just in case want what I have so far.

space invaders to follow....

post-28653-0-04336300-1311441239_thumb.jpg

post-28653-0-77368500-1311525671_thumb.jpg

Edited by peedenmark7
  • Like 1

+1 HSC point to peedenmark7 for busting the HSC record. :thumbsup: If someone beats this, they'll get one too. :cool:

2 days to go table. Bonus points not counted till official :)

Total round points:

sdamon- 27

zylon- 26

JacobZu7zu7- 24

roadrunner- 20

peedenmark7- 17

atariron82- 16

SonicR- 10

In the meantime, I improved SI a little last night. No place change, but still in lifetime HS territory. :D As long as I can still get lifetime HS's, things are good.

post-25215-0-09769200-1311441014_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

Zylon,

can you beat your own score to get further bonus points or is it one point per round for beating the HSC record?

I ask because I humbly beat the HSC record, and now my own high 4 times today :)

not getting greedy here, just asking.

Nope. One to a customer per game. :) If what you're saying is true, I'd post it quickly so no one else gets a point. ;) Right now, if someone breaks your current record, they get a point.

Edited by zylon

Zylon,

can you beat your own score to get further bonus points or is it one point per round for beating the HSC record?

I ask because I humbly beat the HSC record, and now my own high 4 times today :)

Nope. One to a customer per game. :) If what you're saying is true, I'd post it quickly so no one else gets a point. ;) Right now, if someone breaks your current record, they get a point.

Score posted yesterday though I am working on raising the mark :).

I agree some very good scores being put up. especially in SI ! Ive always had trouble with that game outside of the arcade anyway.

Zylon,

I agree some very good scores being put up. especially in SI ! Ive always had trouble with that game outside of the arcade anyway.

I found it and entered your last tally. :) Please use a separate post for new scores unless yours was last post. I wouldn't want to miss any. :)

It's been said that play would suffer after 2 of our better members "had to leave". I'd argue the opposite. 2 of 3 standing records busted in one round, records that have been passed by 2 players per game so far; I think this HSC is at the top of it's game right now. :thumbsup:

Normally, I play gentlemanly and only post another score if mine is threatened or passed. I would frown on needless pumping of numbers. This round is different by design. ;)

If you get better numbers, get 'em in. There will be no ties in this all-out shootout. Combined score will decide ties after all round points assigned. HSC record bonus pts will be added to season total.

The Megamania record is within reach. Will anyone take it down?

Edited by zylon

Zylon,

I found it and entered your last tally. :) Please use a separate post for new scores unless yours was last post. I wouldn't want to miss any. :)

It's been said that play would suffer after 2 of our better members "had to leave". I'd argue the opposite. 2 of 3 standing records busted in one round, records that have been passed by 2 players per game so far; I think this HSC is at the top of it's game right now. :thumbsup:

Normally, I play gentlemanly and only post another score if mine is threatened or passed. I would frown on needless pumping of numbers. This round is different by design. ;)

If you get better numbers, get 'em in. There will be no ties in this all-out shootout. Combined score will decide ties after all round points assigned. HSC record bonus pts will be added to season total.

The Megamania record is within reach. Will anyone take it down?

I had just been editing my main post with an updated score as they come in... no pumping on my end , just never know when something comes up around the house and I cant get back online and I dont want to miss out this time :)...

will post my final score sin a separate posting near the end of this round... This has been my favorite round so far... I like the idea of the 3 games..

I did improve to 22,078 just now, but that ^one's^ quite impressive! :-o

I'm just about out of gas on Galaxian and never cared for Megamania, so I'll only be focusing on SI for the remainder of the round. :)

post-25215-0-28335200-1311533604_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon