IGNORED

Flashcart and Multicart List - All systems

I think buying the super everdrive and a copy of mario kart is really the best solution :P

Throw in a copy of Pilotwings and you've got yourself a deal. :D Seriously, when you look at the lineup of DSP-1 games, it only amounts to 16 titles, of which 10 are Japanese-only releases (mostly racers). Sure, it'd be fun to fire up "Ace o Nerae! 3D Tennis" or "Bike Daisuki! Hashiriya Kon - Rider's Spirits", but it's no big loss if you don't speak Japanese.

Meanwhile on the domestic front, if you already have Super Mario Kart and Pilotwings then this is what's left:

Ballz 3D

Lock-On

Michael Andretti's Indy Car Challenge

Super Bases Loaded 2

Not really a murderer's row of titles.

(Now the SA-1 chip is a somewhat different story, but that's not an option, so...)

Edited by thegoldenband

@stoneagegamer: I just think the idea of you having to send carts that you buy to igor and then have him send back carts is time consuming and cumbersome. you add another layer of shipping costs and time to the whole process. if it were not for a few games on the snes like super mario kart, then the dsp1 chip would be superfluous but it really is a must have in my opinion. if you had someone to do the soldering, then people could send you donor carts and you could fulfill each order as they came in.

I didn't argue that it wasn't. All I said was that I don't have the time. Much easier to ship to Ukraine and have people who are much better at soldering do it at this time. The shipping costs to Ukraine are really negligible in the grand scheme of things, its not like I send one board over at a time. I often send 50+.

However not everyone wants to send in donor carts either. Some people just want a solution they don't have to bother with. That's why we made the Deluxe (or Ultimate in this case). Having people send in donor carts and keep track of this does add a level of complexity to orders.

I hear you though and I am working on ways to make the process faster along with Igor.

I think buying the super everdrive and a copy of mario kart is really the best solution :P

Throw in a copy of Pilotwings and you've got yourself a deal. :D Seriously, when you look at the lineup of DSP-1 games, it only amounts to 16 titles, of which 10 are Japanese-only releases (mostly racers).

And really... **** Pilotwings :) I didn't realize Ballz used the chip too, though. Makes me wonder how the genesis managed it.

And really... **** Pilotwings :) I didn't realize Ballz used the chip too, though. Makes me wonder how the genesis managed it.

Awwww, I like Pilotwings! I had an antipathy to it until I actually sat down and played it for a while, and then I really started to dig it, though it can be seriously frustrating. Haven't played Ballz in forever -- I don't remember if it's any good.

For those of you have been waiting, all of the Everdrives (including the Everdrive 64 but excluding the Everdrive GG) are now available through Retrogate.

It looks like $99 + optional "extras" - $15 for CIC chip, plus $15 for cart shell, $15 for USB port. What's the USB port for?

They also don't say where they're located - as in what country?

It looks like $99 + optional "extras" - $15 for CIC chip, plus $15 for cart shell, $15 for USB port. What's the USB port for?

For the CIC, you can pull a 6102, which is used in most N64 carts. The shell from that cart can be used for the Everdrive 64 (you'll have to make a slot in the top for the SD card unless you use an RS-MMC). The USB port exists for developers (most will have no use for it). I believe that Igor, the creator of the Everdrives and the owner of the Retrogate store, is in Ukraine.

Edited by YAGRS

For the CIC, you can pull a 6102, which is used in most N64 carts. The shell from that cart can be used for the Everdrive 64 (you'll have to make a slot in the top for the SD card unless you use an RS-MMC). The USB port exists for developers (most will have no use for it). I believe that Igor, the creator of the Everdrives and the owner of the Retrogate store, is in Ukraine.

Yes RetroGate is Igor's store. Anything ordered there ships out of Ukraine. However PayPal account is his brother's in Germany. There is no PayPal in Ukraine.

For those of you have been waiting, all of the Everdrives (including the Everdrive 64 but excluding the Everdrive GG) are now available through Retrogate.

I've been waiting ever since launch for these to come back in stock. I got tired of waiting and with the 64Drive on pre-order a week ago I jumped on that. Will be interesting to see the differences. This is the only Everdrive I dont own.

I've been waiting ever since launch for these to come back in stock. I got tired of waiting and with the 64Drive on pre-order a week ago I jumped on that. Will be interesting to see the differences. This is the only Everdrive I dont own.

Please post back with your impressions, when it arrives!

Just got the ED64 and WOW. Just wow. Not only is the Stone Age Gamer deluxe package high quality, the product works like a dream. 1+ for both Kirzz and Stone Age.

That's how I felt 2x when I got the Everdrive MD and the Super Everdrive from Stone Age Gamer. He rocks, and the products rock. I just bought a pile of flash drives/floppy emulators for Atari computers (uh, and I paid for school) so I'm broke, or I'd have been down. Will have to wait a bit for recovery, but I want one.

Please post back with your impressions, when it arrives!

Absolutely. They are about 3 or so weeks out though.

I hope that means we'll see the Everdrive MD available through Stone Age Gamer's site sometime soon (just wait-listed the Everdrive 64 and can't wait!)...

Found this board today http://retrocomputermuseum.co.uk/forum/index.php

Someone on there made a list as well: http://retrocomputermuseum.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1065.0

Just a few minutes looking through the forums, and found some interesting things. There's a new multicart for the Sord M5 (Obscure UK comp?) and there are a couple devices for the BBC Micro.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, the update is complete, please let me know if you see any mistakes or misinformation. Also, I added one cart to the computer section in post 2, but if someone would like to take on the task of compiling a list for computers, I would be glad to update the post and give credit. Or if multiple people want to contribute for specific computers that will work too. I could really use some help on this, it's amazing how much time it takes to create a simple text list:)

Thanks guys and enjoy!

Edited by PsychedelicShaman