IGNORED

Red Sea Crossing Ad

Zach

Acording to this- My link

The address in the single family house built in 1952. So how did this company have suite in it, as stated in the ad.

EDIT: Also found this ad in popular machanics-My link from august 1983 saying "Ideas, Inventions, New Ideas Wanted" from a company called invention marketing inc, using the same 1-800 numbers.

as well as 1981 boys life, My link and 1984 Feild & Stream My link, as well as many other magizines arond the same time period- My link

It appears invention marketing inc no longer excists because of a law suit-My link

Thats my detective work for today.

Nice work. So the phone numbers were not exclusive to Inspirational Video Concepts. It looks to me like there was a company, possibly based in Arizona, that contracted with small companies to handle phone traffic.

Acording to this- My link

The address in the single family house built in 1952. So how did this company have suite in it, as stated in the ad.

EDIT: Also found this ad in popular machanics-My link from august 1983 saying "Ideas, Inventions, New Ideas Wanted" from a company called invention marketing inc, using the same 1-800 numbers.

as well as 1981 boys life, My link and 1984 Feild & Stream My link, as well as many other magizines arond the same time period- My link

It appears invention marketing inc no longer excists because of a law suit-My link

Thats my detective work for today.

Nice work. So the phone numbers were not exclusive to Inspirational Video Concepts. It looks to me like there was a company, possibly based in Arizona, that contracted with small companies to handle phone traffic.

Yep, thats what it looks like, I dont think there is another way different companies would have the same phone number in the same time period.

Since it's possible that time travel will be discovered in the future, some future prankster probably planted this stuff. The future has filled the past with lies. Don't believe anything you see.

This is why no one believes anything you say either!

• Like 3

Since it's possible that time travel will be discovered in the future, some future prankster probably planted this stuff. The future has filled the past with lies. Don't believe anything you see.

This is why no one believes anything you say either!

However if Random ever says anything about batari basic, I tend to listen . . . its just how the mind of a genius works ;)

• Like 1

I have been out of the loop due to work and life..... :) :( :)

Good to see that there is advertisement connected with the game. :)

What is next for this game???? It would be great if it is released as I know people would enjoy playing it.

@ Nagn2, please let us know what is next with your game....are you planning to sell it, are you going to release copies......please advise.

- Wonder007

What is next for this game???? It would be great if it is released as I know people would enjoy playing it.

@ Nagn2, please let us know what is next with your game....are you planning to sell it, are you going to release copies......please advise.

- Wonder007

I visited your museum. I saw the game and the advertisement there. You will be the one to buy it.

• Like 1

I've been out of the loop for a while as well due to work, occasionally popping my head in. I've been reading this thread the past few days to catch up on all the goings-on with this. Interesting advertisement and proof that the game exists. I always figured that it did, and it leads me to wonder if maybe there were other such games like this one that might've been made but never widely distributed.

Might be worth checking out other issues of this magazine and others similar to it from around this same time period to see what else turns up.

I've been out of the loop for a while as well due to work, occasionally popping my head in. I've been reading this thread the past few days to catch up on all the goings-on with this. Interesting advertisement and proof that the game exists. I always figured that it did, and it leads me to wonder if maybe there were other such games like this one that might've been made but never widely distributed.

Might be worth checking out other issues of this magazine and others similar to it from around this same time period to see what else turns up.

You'll have a very hard time finding something similar in the US.

AFAIK only these come close:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-birthday-mania_18568.html

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-gamma-attack_20510.html\

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-air-raid_16186.html

8)

You'll have a very hard time finding something similar in the US.

Indeed. It's counterintuitive that Red Sea Crossing existed for all these years without the community's knowledge - except that it's true. I suspect that's why so many doubted its authenticity. That fact that it was hidden for so long makes a fun story and IMHO adds to the value of the cart.

• Like 1

That fact that it was hidden for so long makes a fun story and IMHO adds to the value of the cart.

I don't know about the value in actual cash, but for me, I am FAR more interested in information about it, and would like to have one probably about 10X more than Air Raid. To me Air Raid is only interesting in that it seems to be so rare, and nothing is known about it. The idea of possible gameplay for Red Sea Crossing interests me, and how it was bundled with an audio cassette is interesting as well. (Even though to me I doubt it was anything created for this release, just something that was recorded that year by a celebrity). If I just happen to find either one, I would almost have to sell it since it is worth so much more to others than me in cash. I would definitely dump the rom, but unknown what I personally would do with it after trying some more research.

For a religious game, wouldn't it have been interesting if it was a "Search for the Holy Grail" game, that was missing!

now, who owns the Birthday Mania cart?

@ Nagn2 whatever Wonder007 is offering, I double it.

Last I heard the guy with Birthdaymania wasn't interested in selling. He turned down a $6,000 offer :-o Really amazing since he scored it for a Pitfall 1 & 2 plus $20...Thats what you call a hard-core collector, you have to appreciate that :thumbsup:

- Wonder007

I visited your museum. I saw the game and the advertisement there. You will be the one to buy it.

when have you been there? 2012? .... i just came back from 2014 and saw the boxed red sea in jose's museum.

:P

This is very interesting. I had never heard this story before and the controversy re: this game's authenticity, so I will be reading the original thread. Also gave the OP a +1 for finding it in SacTown (where I'm from). :thumbsup:

But don't hold your breath, I listen to a lot of audio books. I even bought one of those cheap cassette-> USB players for older books that are only on cassette. I had to give up on a few of them from the 1980s since they were unplayable. It seemed that the magnetic patterns crossed through layers of the tape and you could hear parts ahead and behind what you were listening to. Anything you want to keep, convert it to digital, and back it up! Or keep it mechanical like LPs and 45s. As for the title, it could be that one, or maybe it is the one titled "Israel crosses the Red Sea". I will also pursue it via the Carnegie Library in Pittsburgh, but it is likely that they all pool through the same databases.

I've listened to old audio cassettes (albeit, not as old as this one) where you needed an adapter (or balance control) to listen to just the right or left speaker or you'd hear both sides at the same time. You'd listen to each side of the cassette twice on each speaker. I don't know if that is the case with the cassettes you've had problems with, though.

I've listened to old audio cassettes (albeit, not as old as this one) where you needed an adapter (or balance control) to listen to just the right or left speaker or you'd hear both sides at the same time. You'd listen to each side of the cassette twice on each speaker. I don't know if that is the case with the cassettes you've had problems with, though.

I had one of those as well, VERY odd until I realized what was happening, it required a stereo playback deck, and you listened to side 1 on left, side 2 on left, side 1 on right side 2 on right. YOu got 3 hours on 1 cassette that way in mono. It had a horrible fluctuating volume problem on it though. That is different than the problem one I was talking about.

As for the Dale Evans cassette, I did try contacting them (Roy Rogers official museam via their web site) today. The person I was emailing stated this.

"Of the more than 15 years working at the museum I had not seen or ever heard of the game shown in the ad that you sent. I don't believe it was ever produced, which has happened more than you might think."

and

"I don't recall Dale recording religious audio tapes, and I know that we have not had any in the last 16 years. The only thing I can think of is the program Dale had on TBN "A Date with Dale"."

So not much help there. I did send him the copyright info on those 2 cassettes I found, but no reply. (Prolly thinks I'm some nutjob )

• Like 1