IGNORED

Space Harrier Released

Sheddy

I think it's a forum so we can discuss this and that... Even Sheddy didn't sound (very ;) )negative about it, only with exception for a possible loss of speed. But if the same speed could be kept... Why being negative about possible improvement making it even more arcade-alike?

Edited by Jacques

What is the "Stage 1" information on title/options screen for? I can point it using joystick, but there's no possibility to change the stage (unlike difficulty and lives), even if I've just reached level 9 in previous game?

Edited by Jacques

What is the "Stage 1" information on title/options screen for? I can point it using joystick, but there's no possibility to change the stage (unlike difficulty and lives), even if I've just reached level 9 in previous game?

If you got to stage 9 you'll be able to select stage 1 or 6 to start from. Being able to select a stage is decided on whether you make it to a bonus stage or not. Once you've made it to a bonus stage you'll be able to start from that point on all the time the game is running. There's another bonus stage at 12, so you'll be able to start straight from stage 13 once you've managed to get there - you will have the choice of stage 1, 6 or 13 as starting points. Hope that makes it a bit more clear.

Edited by Sheddy

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but anyone burning a new cart might want to use the version attached here - which contains a small optimize fix - we're talking about 40 cycles per VBI here, so it's not going to make any noticeable difference (except to me!). This does also include Steve's previous patch for the "bank zero" Maxflash carts.

sharrier.zip

I can't update my previously SH-ed AtariMax. Simply, I can't take over the control (even with QMEG 4.04) to boot from SIO while cartridge's attached, SH cart is always starting instead. And when booting Sheddy's new SH-programming ATR without the AtariMax plugged, the AtariMax is not detected after I hotplug it afterwards. Deadend? :?

Edited by Jacques

I can't update my previously SH-ed AtariMax. Simply, I can't take over the control (even with QMEG 4.04) to boot from SIO while cartridge's attached, SH cart is always starting instead. And when booting Sheddy's new SH-programming ATR without the AtariMax plugged, the AtariMax is not detected after I hotplug it afterwards. Deadend? :?

O_o I just picked up a Atarimax cart to try out with SH, but I don't have the USB programer so I'm a little worried about not being able to reprogram the cart over SIO if I Do put SH on it... Is there a work around for this?

Okay, option did help. However with ATR from Sheddy, I'm getting "Unable to detect flash cartridge" every time in the Flash Utility from this ATR and it's asking me "Restart program?[y/n] and neither selection works (Y restarts program, N gives Boot Error, while ATR is there) ;) And old "bank zero fix" ATR programs it without any problem. Any ideas?

Edited by Jacques

Strange. Have you tried downloading it again in case it's somehow corrupted? Working OK on my carts.

Maybe the older flash utility I created it with can't recognize the new batch of "bank zero" cartridges.

Here is the programming image made with the latest maxflash cartridge studio (Tools/Convert BIN to ATR programming image)

sharrier (maxflash image).atr

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to record a video of this but the BIN file causes it to crash the Atari800WIN v4.0 130XE emulated machine instantly. Before crashing it does detect it is a 1mb XEGS cart and I click OK to continue and then it crashes.

Is there another setting? Machine type=XL/XE Memory=64,128 and 320kb tried.

Black screen with nothing if I select Megacart 1mb or switchable 1mb XEGS options for cart type.

Nothing else is broken just this 1 game won't run!!

I was going to record a video of this but the BIN file causes it to crash the Atari800WIN v4.0 130XE emulated machine instantly. Before crashing it does detect it is a 1mb XEGS cart and I click OK to continue and then it crashes.

Black screen with nothing if I select Megacart 1mb or switchable 1mb XEGS options for cart type.

This is an Atarimax 1mB cartridge.

So how are people playing it on emulator because I have listed the only 3 cartridge types selectable on Atari800win emu!

Edited by oky2000

So how are people playing it on emulator because I have listed the only 3 cartridge types selectable on Atari800win emu!

Don't worry another site explained more verbosely.

Why does it flicker on the title page (and slightly less on the game)like some weird DLI swapping colours impersonating a dodgy VHS tape recording? NTSC or PAL makes no difference...is this a problem with the emulator? Can I do something to fix this somewhere in the settings?

Maybe using Altirra? Just a wild guess.

I use ym real XL with MaxFlash.