IGNORED

Ultima VII help

Any of the Japanese ones come with maps?

I just checked all of them (Famicom and Super Famicom games) and none have any maps. Now, that doesn't mean they didn't ship with maps, but given how complete some of these are (some have miscellaneous paperwork that seems to be the standard notices you get with every game), I'm guessing they didn't come with maps.

..Al

I feel bad for anybody who's only experienced Ultima VII on the SNES.

I will try it at some point. :D

If you really want to show off with serious Ultima finds, get the X68000 versions of Ultima V and VI, and the FM Towns version of the first trilogy.

I'll add those to the list, thanks!

..Al

Another Ultima game arrives, this one still in the original shrinkwrap:

ultimas_13.jpg

Seller did a great job of packaging it, used a slightly oversized box with plenty of large bubblewrap around the game itself. And fortunately these older Origin boxes are pretty strong, so it takes a bit more effort to crush them.

..Al

This popped up on eBay yesterday:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1207897450661?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120789745066&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]:-o

..Al

Whoa!

Yeah, I forgot to tell you, FM Towns stuff and X68000 stuff seems to be pretty expensive, but I guess you just found this out.

The guys other auction for AutoDuel complete for the Apple 2 has caught my eye. I know that will end up close to 100 bucks or more by the end though.

More Ultima Books! I will have to actually read all these. :)

post-3-0-05129200-1318602985_thumb.jpg

Just ordered two more Ultima novels, which will bring the total to five. Not sure there are any more beyond that:

http://www.gamebooks...ries.php?id=535

..Al

I just reminded myself in another thread... You should look into grabbing Ultima IV for the Sega Master System. Easily the best console port of an Ultima game.

(Psst. Check your PMs good sir.)

A few more items for the collection..

Ultima IV NES Cluebook and another Ultima Online book:

ultimas_21.jpg

Ultima Underworld for the Pocket PC and the last of the Ultima novels I needed:

ultimas_22.jpg

Electronic Arts "Top Ten Pack", which includes Ultima VII:

ultimas_23.jpg

Ultima IX: Ascension Enhanced CD Music Soundtrack:

ultimas_24.jpg

..Al

Not sure anyone is still reading this thread since I appear to have hijacked it.. :ponder: Now have a copy of Ultima IV for the SMS:

post-3-0-45409600-1320093552_thumb.jpg

..Al

No way. I at least am checking this thread all the time! Ultima deserves its own place!

That by the way is a great find! I love the SMS version. I think its one of the best console versions of Ultima IV. I need to scan in my horde someday and post some pics.

Keep posting them! Although I think your closing in on everything. :P

I've been doing my own searching for Japanese maps. So far haven't found anything....

I'm very happy to see you hijack the thread, Al... love seeing the goodies you keep getting. You're almost an Ultima Speed-Collector now. :)

For fun, here's the state of my current Ultima collection. Most of these were acquired years ago, I haven't gotten much recently. Still hoping to find a reasonably priced Ultima I (re-release) and Ultima II (big box). A boxed Gameboy Runes of Virtue and boxed Silver Seed and Martian Dreams would be nice, too.

I had the entire boxed Ultima Online series one time - got the whole log for cheap. But I'm never going to play them, so keeping them on the shelves was not justifiable, so they went to another good home.

post-13852-0-68766500-1320351515_thumb.jpg

post-13852-0-07346100-1320351526_thumb.jpg