IGNORED

Ultima VII help

Yes, they did a value pack (actually, it was Software etc that did it). Just a sleeve wrapped around the three individual boxes. I took close-up shots for you of the front and back (folded).

Funny story about that. I literally bumped into another collector at a garage sale one day... he was backing up his car and we made "contact". Nothing major, just a dent on his car, but we ended up chatting about garage sales. He was into stereos, and when he heard that I was into Atari and Commodore stuff, he showed me his garage. In there he had a very (!) dusty C64 and a single game. A boxed copy of the Ultima value pack (Trilogy and IV and V), of all games. The boxes were actually pretty damaged, but I kept the sleeve from the value pack to go along with my original Ultima games.

Shows you that you never know who you might bump into. :)

post-13852-0-86051800-1320357591_thumb.jpg

post-13852-0-49056800-1320357598_thumb.jpg

Edited by Midnight Synergy

Hey, I just scored a cloth map for Ultima V for $9.99!!!

My Ultima V was missing it's map... (and it's floppies, which is a real pain, but oh well..)

Luckily, nowhere in the posting did the person use the word Ultima.

Just said something like "manuals and maps for games"....

I'm still missing a cloth map for Ultima IV, although I thought I had that, so I need go through my boxes from the move (it's been 2 years +, but lots still not unpacked) and I think the Ankh is the only trinket I have, but still..

I'm not collecting for it being collectible, but because I love the Ultimas.

And the cloth maps were part of that for me...

The trinkets not so much, except for the Ankh. I used to keep my original Ankh on my keychain. ;-)

The only one I have that I know is complete and all original is my big box Ultima II. I "think" my Ultima III is also...

(Nope, just checked; my U3 is missing the original disk sleeve. So is one of my U4 floppies..)

Although, I bow to your collection!!! ;-)

desiv

Hint Books? You want hint books?

:D

I don't have any extras to sell or trade, Al, sorry! I had a big box of Ultima stuff (including extra maps, hint books, the entire Ultima Online boxed series) that I let go for cheap some years back. I didn't need them, so hopefully whoever got them is happy with them - but, boy, they would be worth a lot more now! I see another Ultima I just went for $300. I remember passing on a complete copy for $80 years ago because I felt it was too expensive. :_(

I noticed your Ultima V cluebook cover is in colour - mine is just b/w. I also remembered that there were two different Ultima IV maps made. I do have both (couldn't part with anything U4 related - it's my all time favourite game).

This thread is fun, I haven't looked through my Ultima collection in too long a time.

post-13852-0-29505000-1320633902_thumb.jpg

post-13852-0-13230000-1320634236_thumb.jpg

Oh, just want to say that everything I've received from Japan thus far has been VERY WELL packed. The majority of items from US (eBay and Amazon) sellers have been shipped in a bubble, or worse, manilla envelope.

..Al

Cheap ass americans!

Hey.... I remember those cluebooks!

• 2 weeks later...

Lord British himself speaks about Ultima (Ultimate RPG):

https://www.facebook...259507887434380

Nice to see the old cooky king still talk about gaming. (also this is a nice history lesson in Ultima)

(I know Albert can secretly put a dedicated Ultima thread somewhere here. :P)

Ultima - The Ultimate Collector's Guide

http://rockethub.com...llector-s-guide

wow...

Edited by cimerians

• 2 months later...

Finally playing through Exodus, decided to go with the GBC remake for convenience sake (via emulator on my GBA Micro). A lot more enjoyable than 2 was...I'm trying hard not to look up FAQs, though it gets tempting.

I'm kind of confused though...on his page, he says:

You will see none of the "enhancements" until you actually finish Ultima 3....then you start your new quest with all the added features. One of my goals was to make the GBC port as close to the original as possible - therefore there are no extra features in the Ultima 3 game itself.

But I was in the town of Death Gulch and some of the NPCs were saying things that I'm pretty sure didn't exist in 1983 (like "PK", and websites...). Also I thought I read that Lord British is supposed to be impossible to kill, but I defeated him easily.

Finally playing through Exodus, decided to go with the GBC remake for convenience sake (via emulator on my GBA Micro). A lot more enjoyable than 2 was...I'm trying hard not to look up FAQs, though it gets tempting.

I'm kind of confused though...on his page, he says:

You will see none of the "enhancements" until you actually finish Ultima 3....then you start your new quest with all the added features. One of my goals was to make the GBC port as close to the original as possible - therefore there are no extra features in the Ultima 3 game itself.

But I was in the town of Death Gulch and some of the NPCs were saying things that I'm pretty sure didn't exist in 1983 (like "PK", and websites...). Also I thought I read that Lord British is supposed to be impossible to kill, but I defeated him easily.

Are you playing Sven's port? I helped him debug alot of that when he was writing it. Its pretty close to the original but not 100% faithful. If you know what oyu are doing everything works as advertised but in U3 alot of NPC conversation was worthless so I guess he added his own twist.

I will say this, his new version is very difficult. He based everything on some math technique (I forgot what it was) and if you didnt know it really well you couldnt figure out alot of the clues to get items. I never finished it.