IGNORED

Atari 2600 Knockout Round 3: YARS' REVENGE

JacobZu7zu7

I've always been impressed by the players who seem to roll this game with ease (yes, I'm talking about you, Zoyx and Oyama.) I've never rolled this game on any variation. Maybe this will be the week. Or maybe I'll just be happy to get past Round 3.

Okay, Gorfy, now I'm talking about you, too. :)

Edited by Scrabbler15

This is gonna get ugly, I think. Excluding the ones that have rolled the score, most of the scores are really close together. This is going to be one of those "no score is safe" games. I better get some gametime in tonight and improve. Since I've never rolled this one before, I'm a little nervous this week.

Here is my final score in Yars' Revenge (Ultimate Yars - Game 6, Difficulty A): 1,000,000+ points.

It took me 3 tries to reach this maximum score with Extreme Settings (247K, 522K, and 1 Million on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd attempts, respectively).

Remember: this score DOES NOT COUNT (Only for fun)! My intention is to show my performance and skill.

post-24681-0-77226700-1326843420_thumb.png<--------Before rolling on Extreme Settings

post-24681-0-88558200-1326843427_thumb.png<--------After rolling on Extreme Settings

Ok. I slowed down some! This time I was able to get a pic.

post-29567-0-64603100-1326900804_thumb.jpg

Also, I ran into something weird. I'd like to point out that I am playing on a 7800 via Harmony cart. This happened on the 1st level. I had cleared all of the cells and was waiting in the top of the neutral zone for the swirl to launch. I had may cannon ready to fire. Swirl sounds, I go left and down, then fire my cannon. I hit the Swirl and the game acted like I was going to the next level. For my score it show this and the game locked up. I had to power down my machine.

post-29567-0-47356000-1326900825_thumb.jpg

I know I was pretty close to the cannon. Could this be from hitting both me and the Swirl at the same time? I don't know what caused it.

B

Ok. I slowed down some! This time I was able to get a pic.

post-29567-0-64603100-1326900804_thumb.jpg

Also, I ran into something weird. I'd like to point out that I am playing on a 7800 via Harmony cart. This happened on the 1st level. I had cleared all of the cells and was waiting in the top of the neutral zone for the swirl to launch. I had may cannon ready to fire. Swirl sounds, I go left and down, then fire my cannon. I hit the Swirl and the game acted like I was going to the next level. For my score it show this and the game locked up. I had to power down my machine.

post-29567-0-47356000-1326900825_thumb.jpg

I know I was pretty close to the cannon. Could this be from hitting both me and the Swirl at the same time? I don't know what caused it.

B

You triggered the hidden easter egg. It happens when you are on the same vertical line (toward the top of the screen) as the swirl after the explosion sequence ends. It's the programmer's initials. Unfortunately, it also ends your game. :(