IGNORED

Season 5 Round 15 *Flipper Slipper*

Flipper Slipper

Flipper Slipper.png

Welcome to video pinball, a super-slick, fun-filled version of the traditional game. The action is controlled not by fixed flippers but by moving and maneuverable flippers? You're going to need all the skill and technique you can muster, because there's going to be more super-fast action slipping past your flippers than you can handle: tree forests to snare your ball; a target fence that requires pinpoint control; a moving bumper that quirks your ball's carom; beaches that change the color of your ball so that you have to color-coordinate with your flipper. And, finally a dam that bursts and floods the field of action, ending the game.

Game Information

Game Name: Flipper Slipper

Released by: Spectravideo, 1983

Original arcade game by: N/A

CV HSC High Score: None

TwinGalaxies High Score: 34,610 by Ryan (Oct 2004)

Settings: Skill 1

This game was suggested by: Yurkie and duncantoml

Contest Ends

Saturday, 28 January 2012 at 1:00AM EST

Quick-Start-Bonus-Info and HSC Rules

Final High Scores

1. skosh 36,120 [+10]

2. ChuckH 31,520 [+9]

3. Mangia-Boy 30,000 [+8]

4. jblenkle 24,830 [+6]

5. Yurkie 21,630 [+4]

6. Ikrananka 20,660 [+2]

7. ed1475 19,010 [+1]

8. JacobZu7zu7 18,520 [+1]

9. roadrunner 15,730 [+1]

10. patbb 9,550 [+1]

11. Darrin9999 4,970 [+1]

Leaderboard

1. Mangia-Boy [85] (13)

2. jblenkle [84] (14) 2

3. skosh [65] (8)3

4. patbb [64] (13) 1

5. ed1475 [63] (14) 2 1

6. ChuckH [42] (5) 2

7. chuckwalla [36] (7) 1

8. JacobZu7zu7 [33] (12)

9. Ikrananka [30] (14)

10. atariron82 [30] (5) 1

11. Ms. Do [13] (1) 1

12. rmaerz [11] (4)

13. roadrunner [10] (10)

14. purenergy [10] (2)

15. retroillucid [10] (1) 1

16. Akito01 [8] (1)

17. Yurkie [6] (3)

18. ColecoDan [6] (1)

19. AtariBrian [4] (1)

20. 1982VideoGames [2] (2)

21. SegaShooters [2] (1)

22. cmart604 [1] (1)

22. NIAD [1] (1)

22. centiqueen81 [1] (1)

[ ] = Points

( ) = Rounds Played

BLUE = Rounds Won

GOLD = Seasons Won

Edited by Ikrananka

So does that mean you immediatley lose coverage on half the screen? how the heck are you supposed to beat that? I still can't get past 20,000...maddening...

I didn't think that I could hit 30,000 but I did. At 30,000 one of the flippers turns red and will not deflect the ball! I had about 3 lives left when I hit 30,000 and lost them all almost immediately!

Hi Joe,

Yeah. The flipper turning red took me by surprise before I could think of what to do. On reflection, I'm betting that there is a button on the controller or keyboard that switches the flippers back and forth from red but that's just a guess right now. Since I have the high score so far, here's some tips that I've found.

1. I use an ADAM emulator since the bios(video) runs at 50Hz instead of Colecovision's 60Hz. This doesn't make much of a difference but the ball moves slightly slower making it a hair easier.

2. I don't swivel the paddles at all. I like the consistancy of just moving them back and forth. There's more of a chance to lose the ball between the wall and the paddle but I think it's worth it. The next tip requires that you don't swivel actually.

3. I've found a pattern in the chaos so to speak. It's a little hard to expain but here goes.

With the inside right of the left paddle, use a ping pong stroke to hit the ball to the left wall about 3/4 of the way up. This will take a little practice but if you get it in about the right spot, the ball will deflect to the wall below the Bear and then to the right wall. Use the inside left of the right paddle moving right like a ping pong paddle to hit the ball to the right wall. It should go to the right wall at the same spot automatically, as well as go to the wall below the bear in the same spot and onto the left wall in the same spot. You can then repeat this as long as you can. Even if the Tent in the middle flashes to mean that it will deflect the ball, the triangle like pattern can continue without hitting it. This is harder to do when you reach 20,000 points because the ball is moving faster but I have done it, so it can be done. If you mistime the ball and it goes other places, try to get it back in the pattern as you can rack up lots of points this way.

Hope this helps,

Chuck

You change the paddle color to match the ball by pressing the left fire button. The ball changes color every time it hits a beach after you reach 30,000 in skill #1. I think in skill #4 it is right away.

Hi Joe,

Yeah. The flipper turning red took me by surprise before I could think of what to do. On reflection, I'm betting that there is a button on the controller or keyboard that switches the flippers back and forth from red but that's just a guess right now. Since I have the high score so far, here's some tips that I've found.

1. I use an ADAM emulator since the bios(video) runs at 50Hz instead of Colecovision's 60Hz. This doesn't make much of a difference but the ball moves slightly slower making it a hair easier.

2. I don't swivel the paddles at all. I like the consistancy of just moving them back and forth. There's more of a chance to lose the ball between the wall and the paddle but I think it's worth it. The next tip requires that you don't swivel actually.

3. I've found a pattern in the chaos so to speak. It's a little hard to expain but here goes.

With the inside right of the left paddle, use a ping pong stroke to hit the ball to the left wall about 3/4 of the way up. This will take a little practice but if you get it in about the right spot, the ball will deflect to the wall below the Bear and then to the right wall. Use the inside left of the right paddle moving right like a ping pong paddle to hit the ball to the right wall. It should go to the right wall at the same spot automatically, as well as go to the wall below the bear in the same spot and onto the left wall in the same spot. You can then repeat this as long as you can. Even if the Tent in the middle flashes to mean that it will deflect the ball, the triangle like pattern can continue without hitting it. This is harder to do when you reach 20,000 points because the ball is moving faster but I have done it, so it can be done. If you mistime the ball and it goes other places, try to get it back in the pattern as you can rack up lots of points this way.

Hope this helps,

Chuck

Nice tips Chuck - thanks. BTW - that bear in the middle is actually supposed to be a dog. I like to try and clear the fence and release the dog as this is worth 3,600 PLUS you get an extra life/ball - however it is tricky to do.