IGNORED

Atari 2600 Knockout Round 5: RIVER RAID

JacobZu7zu7

I seem to lose lives in batches as well. That 53k game I posted. I was cruising along until about 44k, then I quickly lost 3 lives. Went on another run before crashing 2 times quickly to end the game. Easy to get flustered in this game I guess.

Personal Best for 2600!

74,530 (A)

I think I found out something!,

Weaving to the left and right a lot, and not worring about the green shoreline helps.

If you come close to hitting a helicopter or boat, just fly angled "generously" like you are swirving around 'em in traffic. I normally would try to out run them or slow down, didn't work for me.

Slow and steady and keeping the plane "swirving often", won me a personal best...

post-3059-0-70644200-1328059845_thumb.jpg

Creeping along. When I die at a certain spot I usually take the other split route because the setup of helicopters is easier. Also, sometime I just zoom past aircraft that is positioned near the end of the level. Those seemed to be killers and trouble spots.

Vocelli River Raid: A/B

post-28484-0-88827500-1328108179_thumb.jpg

Yep, 1 million to roll. You get exclamation points if you roll it. You also must take a picture of the screen and mail it to Activision.

:) Been there. Done that. Got the newsletter (Activisions Vol. 7) :)

I haven't played any serious River Raid since the time I got those exclamation points 30 years ago. So, I'm having a blast playing this for the HSC tourney. Probably don't have the stamina for another rollover, but having the game matter to me, again, even for a week, is undeniable fun. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yep, 1 million to roll. You get exclamation points if you roll it. You also must take a picture of the screen and mail it to Activision.

I haven't played any serious River Raid since the time I got those exclamation points 30 years ago. So, I'm having a blast playing this for the HSC tourney. Probably don't have the stamina for another rollover, but having the game matter to me, again, even for a week, is undeniable fun. :thumbsup:

Wow Scrab'! You got the million... that's some good accuracy and patience. Gamers sure were good back then...

welcome to the future with River Raid again to contend with :D

Wow Scrab'! You got the million... that's some good accuracy and patience. Gamers sure were good back then...

welcome to the future with River Raid again to contend with :D

Gamers don't fade away, they just get old. :grin:

You're name must be on page 5 - http://www.atarimania.com/atari-magazine-issue-activisions-vol-7_258.html

You're name must be on page 5 - http://www.atarimani...-vol-7_258.html

Putting Rimersburg and its one stop light on the map. ;)