IGNORED

Intellivision - Battlestar Galactica: Space Battle

Rev

Nice, but for a release back in the day I'd prefer the Cylon ships from the original series :-

http://en.battlestar...aider_%28TOS%29

I will do some more searching for pics. I was trying to find a nice 'space battle' scene. A painting prefered over just stock photos. The way it is now, anyone can just drop a pic in this mock up i made. :grin:

I found this on the IntellivisionLives website:

DEVELOPMENT HISTORY

If the enemy spacecraft look familiar, it's because they are Cylon raiders from the late-seventies TV program Battlestar Gallactica. One of Mattel's subsidiaries, Concepts 2000, had the license to produce Battlestar Galactica electronic toys, so it was figured to be a lock that Mattel would get the license to produce the official Battlestar Gallactica videogame. Wrong. The game was well into development when they discovered Mattel didn't get the license. The name was changed, but the graphics remained the same.

That's a very good mockup, the-topdog. The only area I'd say it would need to be changed in to be 'perfect' as far as what a original box would look like is that there needs to be a TM right after the Battlestar Galactica words and some legalese on the back saying something like "Battlestar Galactica is trademarked and copyrighted 1982 (blank), all rights reserved". Like what Mattell did with the TRON games that they licenced from Disney, you can probaly look at that for a example.

Holy crap Top Dog.....you made my box look like dog poo.

Great job!!!

Not sure about dog poo, but it that is a great looking box. Do we have a winner?

not til someone changes the drawn ships to cylon raiders and a colonial viper... :-D Edited by pimpmaul69

Great job!!!

Not sure about dog poo, but it that is a great looking box. Do we have a winner?

not til someone changes the drawn ships to cylon raiders and a colonial viper... :-D

Yeah, those hand drawn ships look like shizzle. that is why i was looking for a different pic. i had found some really cool hand painted pics, but they werent big enough.

But top dogs work is great!

Great job!!!

not til someone changes the drawn ships to cylon raiders and a colonial viper... :-D

Yeah, those hand drawn ships look like shizzle. that is why i was looking for a different pic. i had found some really cool hand painted pics, but they werent big enough.

hey rev, i can scan this in if you need an autographed pic for your cover. :)

post-30773-0-26454300-1329453167_thumb.jpg

Great job!!!

:|

Great job!!!

Lol! Thats awesome, and as a bonus Rev actually had that poster in his room as a kid! :)