IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

I wonder why no one linked the CIB Bouler Dash ? :P

Guess, there will be a bidding war for that one ;)

And just for your info, .... No, I'll not bid on it ...or any other Telegames stuff ;)

Well now, the proverbial cat is out of the bag! Thanks. :ponder: :mad:

Just kidding. ;)

I can appreciate your dislike of TeleGames, but thankfully they stepped in to support our beloved ColecoVision back in 1986 as there was an utter void for anything CV related during this time. Sometimes you would get lucky at a KayBee Toy Store, etc., but things surely didn't last long especially at the blow-out prices that things were going for.

Also, just think, we may never have seen the CV versions of Alcazar, Rock'n Bolt and Boulder Dash if not for TeleGames acquiring the distrbution rights to these games from Activision and First Star. These games would have probably ended up in the hands of some self-righteous collector and never been made available for the masses of ColecoVision fans to play and enjoy the way the programmers meant it to be Then they also brought us the Bit Corp games and your personal favorite... TeleGames SKIING. Actually, since I played Skiing for the HSC last year, I've learned to appreciate it more.

Aside from that, I "HATE THEN WITH A PASSION" for all their reproduction releases which can make things a bit confusing for the newer collectors.

• Like 1

ANY homebrews surpassed what Telegames had done

I got ALL MY RESPECTS to homebrewers, .... as any of them had and can make better games than those crappy Telegames sh&t

Ok, the only Telegames that worth something (in term of gameplay) is Alcazar, Rock n Bolt and of course, Boulder Dash

Boulder Dash is without any doubt the best ever Telegames had done ....... by releasing the unreleased Micro-Fun (Five Star) game

• Like 1

And just for your info, .... No, I'll not bid on it ...or any other Telegames stuff ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You really hate telegames :lol: :lol: :lol: you would think there a x girlfriend or something :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah I don't hate Telegames, ..... I HATE them with PASSION ;) :P

I think the real question should be: Why would I like Telegames? ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess because there for the Colecovision :!: ;)

Well now, the proverbial cat is out of the bag! Thanks. :ponder: :mad:

Just kidding. ;)

I can appreciate your dislike of TeleGames, but thankfully they stepped in to support our beloved ColecoVision back in 1986 as there was an utter void for anything CV related during this time. Sometimes you would get lucky at a KayBee Toy Store, etc., but things surely didn't last long especially at the blow-out prices that things were going for.

Also, just think, we may never have seen the CV versions of Alcazar, Rock'n Bolt and Boulder Dash if not for TeleGames acquiring the distrbution rights to these games from Activision and First Star. These games would have probably ended up in the hands of some self-righteous collector and never been made available for the masses of ColecoVision fans to play and enjoy the way the programmers meant it to be Then they also brought us the Bit Corp games and your personal favorite... TeleGames SKIING. Actually, since I played Skiing for the HSC last year, I've learned to appreciate it more.

Aside from that, I "HATE THEN WITH A PASSION" for all their reproduction releases which can make things a bit confusing for the newer collectors.

Agreed I still have a little trouble with all the different release and how some can be worth a ton but others can be worth next to nothing, its a good thing I have your guide to help make things a little more clear. ;) :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You really hate telegames :lol: :lol: :lol: you would think there a x girlfriend or something :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're right, however..... What I don't like is the way they had to ''re-package'' the unreleased (and released) games in crappy plastic boxes with B&W photocopies of boxart

Ok, there's 4 games that got ''nice'' box but one of them is a re-release of Xonox Chuck Norris

Telegames should had CONTINUED the Coleco tradition, not trying to sell you a clone system and all games with nothing related to Coleco itself

I just don't like the way they had to re-manufactured things to their own....awfull :|

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 1

You're right, however..... What I don't like is the way they had to ''re-package'' the unreleased (and released) games in crappy plastic boxes with B&W photocopies of boxart

Ok, there's 4 games that got ''nice'' box but one of them is a re-release of Xonox Chuck Norris

Telegames should had CONTINUED the Coleco tradition, not trying to sell you a clone system and all games with nothing related to Coleco itself

I just don't like the way they had to re-manufactured things to their own....awfull :|

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ok you convinced me, they suck :) :thumbsup: I really hate those plastic boxes also ;) In fact I hate plastic boxes period those are a abomination to gaming! :mad:

Edited by RelliK111
  • Like 1

Agreed I still have a little trouble with all the different release and how some can be worth a ton but others can be worth next to nothing, its a good thing I have your guide to help make things a little more clear. ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words re. my Rarity List. A BIG update to the list will be coming shortly.

Also, hopefully sometime later this year, the Coleco Museum website will be completely open for business and there will be picture examples of EVERYTHING... not just a text list.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words re. my Rarity List. A BIG update to the list will be coming shortly.

Also, hopefully sometime later this year, the Coleco Museum website will be completely open for business and there will be picture examples of EVERYTHING... not just a text list.

That sounds pretty awesome! I look forward to seeing all the pictures :lust:

Speaking of the Boulder Dash, eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1208596083741?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120859608374&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Is that the original box in the picture? Is that the way it was packaged? It looks like a plastic clamshell. Or, is it a cardboard box, that was cut and flattened into a protective plastic case?

That's the real deal ;)

Yes, and this is absolutely INSANE!

What the hell dude, $500 for this and the auction is not even over?

I need this game, and I have waited patiently for it, but this is ABSOLUTE MADNESS!

The last one that sold, which was about a year ago, went for about $300 or so if I recall.

And I remember NOT bidding my max on it because I figured since one of them had not been on ebay

for such a long time, this one would sell "crazy high", and then as a result a few others would pop up

over the course of the next few weeks from owners looking to cash in while it's hot. So I decided to

"let it go" and play the waiting game. (a calculated risk)

Well, long story short, that is NOT what happened. Another one never showed up, until now.

So now, I am right back where I started. What should I do?

Advice anyone?

Scenario 1: Use the same strategy and "let it go" again, and surely at the crazy price it sells for, others

will pop up in the aftermath and I can maybe get one for a slightly better price then this one sells for.

THE GOOD here: I get the game at a not so inflated bidding war price in a week or two after the auction of this one.

THE BAD here: The same thing happens as last time, others DO NOT turn up, and I don't get the game at all.

Scenario 2: Buy this one at any price.

THE GOOD here: I get the game and if others do not surface, I am thankful and lucky that I got it.

THE BAD here: I pay through the nose the crazy rip off end price, and others show up right after for half as much.

Two ways to win, two ways to lose.

Again, advice anyone?

Thanks...

A boxed Boulder Dash in good cosmetic condition? It's a no brainer: If you're a serious collector and you have the money, go for it.

I monitor eBay for new ColecoVision items at least once every day, and I can say that Boulder Dash shows up on eBay about twice a year on average, and the original box is rarely included in the deal. To expect another one like this to show up on eBay anytime soon is sheer lunacy. That may happen with other rare games, but not Boulder Dash. Yes, it's that rare.

My advice would be to ''let it go'' and wait for another one, you may ended up paying less by waiting and let the crazy bidders get it first ;)

If you really want to secure a CIB copy right now, then go for it... .

This game worth about $350 to $450 though.... IF the cart is WORKING!

Yes, I have heard the comments made regarding the "defective" carts that plagued Telegames.

The worse thing for me is, I just want the cartridge! I don't collect boxes & manuals.

So I have to turn around and sell the box & manual separately to get rid of them and to try to

recoup some of my financial loss.

Heck, I still have the Alcazar, and other telegames boxes & manuals just sitting here from when

I bought those because I have not been able to get rid of them.

A boxed Boulder Dash in good cosmetic condition? It's a no brainer: If you're a serious collector and you have the money, go for it.

I monitor eBay for new ColecoVision items at least once every day, and I can say that Boulder Dash shows up on eBay about twice a year on average, and the original box is rarely included in the deal. To expect another one like this to show up on eBay anytime soon is sheer lunacy. That may happen with other rare games, but not Boulder Dash. Yes, it's that rare.

You're right, and you have to know there's ALOT of Boulder Dash games collectors out there ;)

My advice would be to ''let it go'' and wait for another one, you may ended up paying less by waiting and let the crazy bidders get it first ;)

If you really want to secure a CIB copy right now, then go for it... .

This game worth about $350 to $450 though.... IF the cart is WORKING!

Yes, I have heard the comments made regarding the "defective" carts that plagued Telegames.

The worse thing for me is, I just want the cartridge! I don't collect boxes & manuals.

So I have to turn around and sell the box & manual separately to get rid of them and to try to

recoup some of my financial loss.

Heck, I still have the Alcazar, and other telegames boxes & manuals just sitting here from when

I bought those because I have not been able to get rid of them.

I would be interested in the box and manual if you get that ;) :thumbsup:

The Boulder Dash auction reached stupidity!

Man! This is simply too much! :lol:

You think! Well, god bless as this simply increases the value of a very rare game. Looks like TeleGames actually did something right! ;)

Better spend that much on VERY RARE stuff ;)

I mean, Boulder Dash is without any doubt a rare one, but as Pixelboy mentioned, it pop on ebay at least 2 time a year

In... let's say.. 2 years, when most of hard core collectors will have this game, then Boulder Dash will goes for about $250

I know it for sure since I was there in 2003 and up and Tarzan CIB could sell for almost $100

Donkey Kong CIB could get up as $300 ...

And so on.....

Edited by retroillucid

BTW, looks like even the ADAM Computer is reaping the benefits of all this Coleco love going on over on eBay as a system with disk drive went for a nice chunk of change. I don't want to post a link as the auction just ended... see earlier in this thread for proper etiquette on these matters,