IGNORED

ColecoVision & ADAM Cartridge Rarity List v2.0

NIAD

And now.... Imagine all those informations reunited on only 1 website!

That would be SWEAT! ;) :P

LOL - can't wait :-D

I too !!!

Seriously, this is like a dream to me

I'm truly studying ColecoVision & Coleco since 1996, the goal was to open a website that will contains everything you need and want to know about Coleco and Colecovision .... and now ADAM too! Thanks Jim! ;)

2012 seem just fine to open this website officially :D

If you need help on rarirty on all Coleco Canada carts, let me know ;)

BTW: Illusion was ONLY distributed by Coleco of Canada

Illusions is shown as only Coleco of Canada in the non-USA section. However, it is also in the US section as a US release (of which I have a copy).

Yep,

All Illusions cartridges have MADE IN CANADA carved on the back of the cart shell

Just pulled my Illusions CIB out and the box is definetely a US release (Printed in U.S.A.) and the cart shell has the "Made in U.S.A." stamp on the back indentation under COLECO.

Hmmm - so perhaps a bunch of "Made in Canada" cart shells were sent to the US late in the life of the CV to get Ilusions released rather than make up for a shortfall in "Made in USA" cart shells by manufacturing more just when they were winding down. So the result a mix of both types used in the US release. Maybe?

Yeah, it must have gotten crazy at Coleco and Coleco of Canada towards the end. I have 2 Dam Busters carts...

- one is the US version of the game with ColecoVision title screen but in a "Made in Canada" cart shell

- the other is the Canadian version of the game (no CV title screen, etc.) but in a "Made in USA" cart shell

• 4 weeks later...

Here is Version 2.07 of the CV&ADAM Cartridge Rarity List. This latest update now includes three variations of the list (since I know everyone loves variations of things) in MS Excel XLSX, Adobe Acrobate PDF and MS WordPad RTF formats and most importantly... they are all synced up.

This latest updates deals in large part with all the CBS Electronics releases, but also includes numerous other corrections and additions throughout. You will also notice some new sections such as CV Systems and Homebrew Boxes as I eventually want this list to include EVERYTHING that was ever made (then and now) for the CV & ADAM.

Almost forgot, I have removed the Digital Press rarity ratings in favor of listing rarities for both Loose Carts and CIB (Complete in Box). I do, however, have to spend a little tme looking over all these current ratings to insure that they are justified. Opinions are welcome.

I would like to thank Ikrananka, Jeff31 and Craphute for their continued help, submissions, verifications, etc. as well as Ikranaka for maintaining the MS Excel and PDF format versions.

ColecoVision & ADAM Cartridge Collector Rarity List v2.07 (2012) (NIAD).zip

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

I know you arent a big fan of Telegames, but Telegames UK sold Illusions in the CBS bag, not sure if they also did in the clamshell case. Wonder what the back of those carts read...

I know you arent a big fan of Telegames, but Telegames UK sold Illusions in the CBS bag, not sure if they also did in the clamshell case. Wonder what the back of those carts read...

Could be an original cart made by Coleco and TeleGames didn't have the Coleco boxes to place it in so they used the CBS style bag packaging (which I never understood why TeleGames did that except to save $$$) or it could be a reproduction using the TeleGames cart shell and an exact copy of the Coleco label or surplus labels that they acquired from Coleco as part of the big sell off.

I'm trying to verify a number of listings in the Collector's Rarity List so as not to cause any type of confusion for everyone... including myself. Here is what I am hoping someone will be able to answer DEFINITIVELY:

BTW, these questions are for U.S. releases only, I might have some questions about Canadian and European releases at a later time.

:arrow: Parker Brothers released most of their games in two piece hard cardboard lift-top boxes, but a couple were released in Coleco style one piece boxes with the familiar glued top-flap like Q*bert. I know Popeye was supplied in this one piece style box, but has anyone ever seen a two piece lift top United States version of it?

:arrow: Parker Brothers labels used a gold colored background for all their releases, but Q*bert did receive a silver background label variation as well. Does anyone know what box style it was supplied in?

:arrow: Pitstop by Epyx was released with three different variations (cart shell and label variations). All the two piece lift top boxes that I have seen say "For Coleco" on them at the bottom right corner. Did Epyx ever release a box variation for Pitstop that read "For ColecoVision & ADAM" like their other two releases of Jumpman Junior and Gateway to Apshai had?

:arrow: Pepper II was supplied in a box that stated "For ColecoVision" and came with either a cart label that read "ColecoVision Presents" or "For ColecoVision & ADAM". I highly doubt that there was, but was a box variation made with the "For ColecoVision & ADAM" logo?

:arrow: Time Pilot was supplied in a box that stated "For ColecoVision & ADAM" and came with either one of two label variations. I highly doubt that there was, but was a box variation made with the "For ColecoVision" logo?

:arrow: I'm starting to think that the "ColecoVision Presents" label variation for Victory was an In-House label used at Coleco seeing as you just never see any of them... I've only seen the "For ColecoVision & ADAM" label with the exception of the pics on ColecoVision Zone (see pic from their site below). What also leads me to believe this is that the "ColecoVision Presents" label does not state "For use only with the ColecoVision Roller Controller" and the only known box used for the game states "For CV & ADAM". Anyone wish to chime in?

post-25956-0-62914000-1331416291_thumb.jpg

:arrow: Parker Brothers released most of their games in two piece hard cardboard lift-top boxes, but a couple were released in Coleco style one piece boxes with the familiar glued top-flap like Q*bert. I know Popeye was supplied in this one piece style box, but has anyone ever seen a two piece lift top United States version of it?

My US Popeye is a one piece box and I have never seen a two piece US variant.

:arrow: Parker Brothers labels used a gold colored background for all their releases, but Q*bert did receive a silver background label variation as well. Does anyone know what box style it was supplied in?

Don''t know - sorry.

:arrow: Pitstop by Epyx was released with three different variations (cart shell and label variations). All the two piece lift top boxes that I have seen say "For Coleco" on them at the bottom right corner. Did Epyx ever release a box variation for Pitstop that read "For ColecoVision & ADAM" like their other two releases of Jumpman Junior and Gateway to Apshai had?

My Pitstop has "For Coleco" which may have been deemed generic enough to not have to speicfy ColecoVision or Adam.

:arrow: Pepper II was supplied in a box that stated "For ColecoVision" and came with either a cart label that read "ColecoVision Presents" or "For ColecoVision & ADAM". I highly doubt that there was, but was a box variation made with the "For ColecoVision & ADAM" logo?

All of mine read "For ColecoVision".

:arrow: Time Pilot was supplied in a box that stated "For ColecoVision & ADAM" and came with either one of two label variations. I highly doubt that there was, but was a box variation made with the "For ColecoVision" logo?

All of mine read "For ColecoVision & ADAM".

:arrow: I'm starting to think that the "ColecoVision Presents" label variation for Victory was an In-House label used at Coleco seeing as you just never see any of them... I've only seen the "For ColecoVision & ADAM" label with the exception of the pics on ColecoVision Zone (see pic from their site below). What also leads me to believe this is that the "ColecoVision Presents" label does not state "For use only with the ColecoVision Roller Controller" and the only known box used for the game states "For CV & ADAM". Anyone wish to chime in?

Can't help in this one - sorry.

So all-in-all I'm not much help :_(

I'm trying to verify a number of listings in the Collector's Rarity List so as not to cause any type of confusion for everyone... including myself. Here is what I am hoping someone will be able to answer DEFINITIVELY:

BTW, these questions are for U.S. releases only, I might have some questions about Canadian and European releases at a later time.

One thing I didn't see on your list is the 2 piece Star Wars box. I'm not sure on the rarity of that.

One thing I didn't see on your list is the 2 piece Star Wars box. I'm not sure on the rarity of that.

The U.S. release of Star Wars was only available in the one piece top-flap style box as far as I know. If you have any info that would prove otherwise, I would love to see it and would greatly appreciate it.

The Canadian (French/Canadian that states "For/Pour the ColecoVision") and European (6 languages) releases of Star Wars were made in the two piece lift top style boxes.

The U.S. release of Star Wars was only available in the one piece top-flap style box as far as I know. If you have any info that would prove otherwise, I would love to see it and would greatly appreciate it.

The Canadian (French/Canadian that states "For/Pour the ColecoVision") and European (6 languages) releases of Star Wars were made in the two piece lift top style boxes.

Yep your right ;) :thumbsup: I have the Canadian and US release then (I have both the one piece and 2 piece games), good call you know your stuff thats for sure ;) :thumbsup:

Do you know the rarity of the Canadian games like this one? Is it more rare or less than the US releases?

Edited by RelliK111

@NIAD I was wondering on your list shouldn't Mario Bros 32k Proto be a R10 instead of a R9 since there is only 5 of them? Other games like the Galaga Proto, Comic Bakery Proto, and a few other Proto's had only 5 carts ever made and they are all R10s, so I was thinking a R10 would be 5 known copies or less and R9 would be 6 or more to what ever that number would be to a R8. What would be the qualifier for a R9 to a R10?

Edited by RelliK111

Do you know the rarity of the Canadian games like this one? Is it more rare or less than the US releases?

I would venture a guess that the rarity of the Canadian and European releases is considerable more than the U.S. release due to the simple fact that a lot less had to have been made. Also, everyone really likes the two piece style boxes so that would boost up the Canadian and European versions even more so.

However, seeing as the U.S. release used a thinner/cheaper card stock, a lot of those boxes did not stand the test of time as nicely as the two piece Foreign releases.

So to answe your question and confuse the heck out of you... YES and NO! :twisted:

• Like 1

@NIAD I was wondering on your list shouldn't Mario Bros 32k Proto be a R10 instead of a R9 since there is only 5 of them? Other games like the Galaga Proto, Comic Bakery Proto, and a few other Proto's had only 5 carts ever made and they are all R10s, so I was thinking a R10 would be 5 known copies or less and R9 would be 6 or more to what ever that number would be to a R8. What would be the qualifier for a R9 to a R10?

When I added the MB 32K Proto to the list, they were still available thru CollectorVision... so in the next revision of my list things will be adjusted accordingly.

I would venture a guess that the rarity of the Canadian and European releases is considerable more than the U.S. release due to the simple fact that a lot less had to have been made. Also, everyone really likes the two piece style boxes so that would boost up the Canadian and European versions even more so.

However, seeing as the U.S. release used a thinner/cheaper card stock, a lot of those boxes did not stand the test of time as nicely as the two piece Foreign releases.

So to answe your question and confuse the heck out of you... YES and NO! :twisted:

That makes since ;) :thumbsup: Thanks

When I added the MB 32K Proto to the list, they were still available thru CollectorVision... so in the next revision of my list things will be adjusted accordingly.

Is there a magic number that makes a R9 to a R10 or is it much more complicated than that?

• 6 months later...

Just a minor addition to v2.07 of the list:

There is a GC edition of Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels 2; it has a cheat code that is not in the normal version and displays the text "GAMECONSOLES.COM edition" in the intro screen; it was only available through gameconsoles.com (which AFAIK went out of business a few years ago).

Philipp

Thanks for the updates PkK. The quantity column was added by Ikrananka in his Excel version of the list and I don't think it will continue on as it would be impossible to get accurate quantities for all these items.

Although, it could stay in the list and be used to signify how many of each item one owns.

BTW, I have another rather large update in the works, but I think I will hold off for the time being and just try to finish making all the news additions so that the list won't have to be updated as regularly.

Edited by NIAD