IGNORED

Ice-T XE 2.73 released

itaych

Ice-T XE 2.73 is hereby unleashed unto the unsuspecting public.

Here's what's new:

• A bug in the way I called the OS keyboard handler in order to generate keyclicks caused an endless stream of 'j' characters to appear when "standard" keyclick was enabled, under certain circumstances. Thanks to Avery Lee (author of the Altirra emulator) for pinpointing the cause of this bug.
  • R-Time 8 cartridge supported for clock that is displayed in the menu.
  • Even without R-Time 8, clock and online timer are now far more accurate, particularly on PAL machines (on which they were never even remotely accurate).
  • The 'break' key may now be used (in addition to ^Esc) to send a break.
  • Arrow keys in the menus may now be used with or without holding down Ctrl.
  • Some fixes made to way I access the serial port device (R:).
  • Dial string changed from ATDT to ATD.
  • Dialer will now hang up before dialing, if you were already online.
  • Fixed potential crash when quitting the program.
  • Removed registration nag messages.

Many of these changes are geared towards convenience for those using Ice-T under an emulator, particularly Altirra with its excellent support for outbound serial connections. It is now possible to create dialing entries in the Dialing menu which are actually Telnet destinations. See the documentation for more on how to do this.

All feedback is appreciated. If it works for you on your particular platform and setup, please let me know. If this new version breaks anything that used to work, please let me know that too.

Enjoy,

-itay

Ice-T_XE_2.73.zip

• Like 4

please, can somebody try on real HW if this bug is fixed? i dont have sio2pc :/

w1k: You've shown this to me in the past. There's no reason it would be fixed in this version because I haven't touched the terminal emulation code. However, I don't think this is a problem with Ice-T but more like some setting in the IRC implementation or the Linux shell you are using. In any case I as well as several others are able to IRC just fine with the new version as well as previous versions.

If you are using ircII or Irssi you may want to try typing the following in your shell before running IRC:

export TERM=vt100

or

set TERM=vt100

While working with Altirra I noticed that Telnet connections were running much more slowly than I expected; I thought that this was some complicated performance issue, but I now realize that this is simply because Altirra throttles the incoming data to the baud rate requested by the application, and Ice-T is set to 2400 baud by default! I should probably change this, but in the meantime I recommend either changing this setting to 19.2k, or more simply, disabling the serial port rate throttling in Altirra's options.

w1k: in the dialing menu instead of the number enter 'I host port'. Read the manual.

Stephen: I don't understand, does the clock in the upper right corner reflect the current time as stored in the cartridge? That's all I implemented; you're not supposed to be able to set the hardware clock from within Ice-T.

w1k: in the dialing menu instead of the number enter 'I host port'. Read the manual.

Stephen: I don't understand, does the clock in the upper right corner reflect the current time as stored in the cartridge? That's all I implemented; you're not supposed to be able to set the hardware clock from within Ice-T.

Sorry - that is what I meant. The time on my system was 20:35 when I loaded the program, but Ice-T's clock displayed the usual 12:00

Stephen: I don't have a real cartridge to test with, I was relying on Altirra. If you're willing to assist me in solving this problem (either with technical knowledge or simply being willing to run some tests on your hardware) please email me.

Stephen: I don't have a real cartridge to test with, I was relying on Altirra. If you're willing to assist me in solving this problem (either with technical knowledge or simply being willing to run some tests on your hardware) please email me.

I think there is a misunderstanding here, you have added support for the ICD R-Time8 cartridge and I believe Stephen is trying to use the RTC(DS1305?) which is part of the IDE + 2.0 device.

Does Ice-T XE 2.73 support this RTC under SDX if the proper driver is loaded?

I think there is a misunderstanding here, you have added support for the ICD R-Time8 cartridge and I believe Stephen is trying to use the RTC(DS1305?) which is part of the IDE + 2.0 device.

Does Ice-T XE 2.73 support this RTC under SDX if the proper driver is loaded?

Ah - I thought the two were compatible. I can try tonight using my R-Time 8 cart, and see if that works.

BillC, thanks for the clarification. I added support for the R-Time 8 because it seemed to be an option in all the emulators, and it was easy enough given the instructions at http://atariwiki.str...idges-TheRTime8 . I access the hardware directly, as shown there, and not via a device driver - and so the other RTC you mention is not supported.

Edited by itaych

i cant connect :/

Altirra 2.10test24, R: handler enabled, 850 interface module,

icet273.png

Just a heads up, because it took me ages to figure this out. If you go into the Altirra options and enable interlace, the screenshots and videos come out in the proper aspect ratio.