IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sick of seeing the roundup in the auction section when it should be here where it was started.

So i'll start with this one.

Not sure what's more funny, the fact that it's the property of Emily or the fact he calls it a plug n play. :-D

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1608270411281?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160827041128&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I'm sick of seeing the roundup in the auction section when it should be here where it was started.

So i'll start with this one.

Not sure what's more funny, the fact that it's the property of Emily or the fact he calls it a plug n play. :-D

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1608270411281?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160827041128&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Lol! I was meaning to post this too...the rare "Emily" edition.

Okay explain this one to me. How does a boxed Intellivision Model 2 that smells like cigarette smoke sell for $180? It was at $100 with a minute to go which i thought was crazy enough as it was. Then at the last second it jumped up to $180. What am i missing here?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2907321415121?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290732141512&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Okay explain this one to me. How does a boxed Intellivision Model 2 that smells like cigarette smoke sell for $180? It was at $100 with a minute to go which i thought was crazy enough as it was. Then at the last second it jumped up to $180. What am i missing here?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2907321415121?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290732141512&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Hmmm....decent looking box I guess. It's hard to tell if maybe the unit itself is sealed within the opened box? Otherwise, no rational reason.

A fool and his money are soon parted. But what's worse, a clueless bidder or a seller with no conscience who lists an untested Intellivoice (no console even!) with 22 common games with a $2,500 buy-it-now, hoping for that one-in-a-million chance that he just might be able to rob some poor dolt of his money.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1708682298671?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170868229867&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I'm seeing quite a few auctions of Intellivision II systems that say "Plug&Play TV Game" in the title. At first i just thought it was someone who had no idea what they were selling and thought it was a Plug&Play, but now after seeing a few more i'm thinking it's a preset Ebay title and everybody is too lazy to change it.

I'm seeing quite a few auctions of Intellivision II systems that say "Plug&Play TV Game" in the title. At first i just thought it was someone who had no idea what they were selling and thought it was a Plug&Play, but now after seeing a few more i'm thinking it's a preset Ebay title and everybody is too lazy to change it.

Actually, I think the problem is a lot of sellers try to spam their auction titles with as many keywords as possible. Particularly annoying are the ones who list the consoles the game they're selling isn't for, like the Atari 2600 game with the title "Demon Attack Atari 2600 -- NOT Intellivision Commodore 64 Colecovision!" Sometimes they'll just put as many consoles as they can fit in the title, like the Demon Attack auction that also lists "NOT NES Sega Turbo Grafx" even though the game was never ported to any of them.

Yep i am correct, went to the Ebay Sell page and seen for myself. Ebay pretty much forces you these days to add details and pick a description from it's preset catalog, even if it's not in there or the info is incorrect. Oh well.

post-25251-0-61154300-1340906537_thumb.jpg

Yeah, this is a recent addition that I find extremely annoying, especially when a game I sell isn't even in their catalog or if I'm selling more than one in an auction and so I'm forced to list it in the "Wholesale Lots" category. Problem is, eBay keeps fiddling with their listing forms and listing layouts in order to make their site ever more idiot-friendly. They just changed the list view options a few days ago, for example, so now you can view items in a gallery mode much like Yahoo auctions did years ago. Problem is, even if you stay with the standard vertical list view it now spaces out the items a lot more as opposed to showing them in a clean compact format like before.

For me it looks like a $25.00 buy it now.

Quite good for this games.

Yeah, it seems it was an innocent mistake. It was $2500, though I e-mailed him and he changed it. Thing is, I'm so used to seeing outrageous "please click on me sucker" buy-it-now prices that the assumption usually is that the seller is yet another con-artist.

For me it looks like a $25.00 buy it now.

Quite good for this games.

Yeah, it seems it was an innocent mistake. It was $2500, though I e-mailed him and he changed it. Thing is, I'm so used to seeing outrageous "please click on me sucker" buy-it-now prices that the assumption usually is that the seller is yet another con-artist.

That crossed my mind as well. But wasn't sure lol

I have a NIB Intellivision II, unopened. I bought it in eBay several years ago. Do you Intellivision fans have an interest in that? If so, I might put it up on eBay. Thanks!

My guess is you'd get around $200 for it, maybe $250

Here we go again :cool: :cool: Spiker !

Seems like there have been a rash of these sirface in the last 18 months... How many Spiker auctions have to be so close together before spiker moves down to a R9 or R8?

If I remember correctly the last spiker CIB sold for about what cost to protest in Canada, about 600$.

I may say that the rarity ratings on a system should stay inside that system (not compared on how the ratings are set in 2600 or Coleco) The highest game to get is Spiker. Some variations could be the rarest items of all with only a handfull around. But Since most collectors do not care about variations, Probably we will never know how many are around

Said that, the most hard to find game for most collectors is Spiker. So it s}deserves to be a rarity 10. do not matter the quantity available is ten times more than a rarity 10 of Atari 2600.

Like in School, being top of the class: That do not mean that is a genius, the others could be very dumb and the top is not as dumb as the others.

• 2 weeks later...