IGNORED

Colecovision Auction Watch

Rev

I have a Telegames system up for auction -- nice shape - I don't think it was ever used!

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2710112400031?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=271011240003&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I also have one NIB (without power supply)

contact me with your offer(s) if someone is interested :)

I'll not put it on ebay

Seeing as it will function as a big door stop without the Power Supply and knowing how much you hate TeleGames products, I'll offer you the cost of shipping just so you can unload it already! :D

No, JF your sending me some stuff anyways so you can throw that in there ;) , I'm sure that TeleGames System is stinking up your place and you need to get it out of there :evil::thumbsup:

:lol:

Indeed, that shitty Telegames System is contaminating my Coleco collection ;)

Ha ha ha :lol: hay JF did you get a chance to read my PM :ponder:

Look like I have another unread PM ..... Damn! how can I miss so much PMs? :x

If for some reasons, you don't receive any answer from your PM..... Drop me a mail at my email address

...... as well as the sealed Illusions made by Coleco of Canada,

Just for the records, ALL Illusion were made by Coleco Canada

There is no Illusions made in U.S.

Are you really sure about that J-F? I know we discussed this a month or so ago and I thought we came to the conclusion that a US as well as Canadian version was made. As I stated, my Illusions cartridge label reads "Printed in the U.S.A.", the cart shell on the back reads "Made in U.S.A." and my box shows "Coleco Electronics" and "Printed in U.S.A.". See the provided pics of the U.S.A. box (provided by CVZone as I'm lazy, but if you want I'll take my own pic) and the U.S.A. cart label. I can take a pic of the cart shell as well. This all tells me that Coleco U.S.A. made an Illusions release.

The recent eBay auction has the Coleco of Canada box release with the red maple leaf next to Coleco (see pic I grabbed) and more than likely the cart shell reads "Made in Canada". As far as the label, I'm not sure.

So all that being said, I feel that Coleco of U.S.A. and Coleco of Canada each made their own respective releases of Illusions.

post-25956-0-32628800-1341715908_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-27970800-1341715913.jpg

post-25956-0-74094000-1341715918_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

...... as well as the sealed Illusions made by Coleco of Canada,

Just for the records, ALL Illusion were made by Coleco Canada

There is no Illusions made in U.S.

Are you really sure about that J-F? I know we discussed this a month or so ago and I thought we came to the conclusion that a US as well as Canadian version was made. As I stated, my Illusions cartridge label reads "Printed in the U.S.A.", the cart shell on the back reads "Made in U.S.A." and my box shows "Coleco Electronics" and "Printed in U.S.A.". See the provided pics of the U.S.A. box (provided by CVZone as I'm lazy, but if you want I'll take my own pic) and the U.S.A. cart label. I can take a pic of the cart shell as well. This all tells me that Coleco U.S.A. made an Illusions release.

The recent eBay auction has the Coleco of Canada box release with the red maple leaf next to Coleco (see pic I grabbed) and more than likely the cart shell reads "Made in Canada". As far as the label, I'm not sure.

So all that being said, I feel that Coleco of U.S.A. and Coleco of Canada each made their own respective releases of Illusions.

!!!!!!!!!!

holy shit..... So, There's 3 diffferents Illusion !!!

- Coleco NY

- Coleco Canada Billingual Version

- Coleco Canada English only Version Rarer!

Thanks alot, Jim !

Edited by retroillucid

Anytime J-F.

There is just so much stuff and variations that it's almost impossible for one person to figure everything out. There's also things that no one even know exists, even after all these years, that will hopefully one day see the light of day and shared with the rest of the CV Community.

I'm trying to help in this endeavor with my Collectors/Rarity List, but it is becoming a daunting task as I'm sure you know from your experience in writing the book and working on the website!

Anytime J-F.

There is just so much stuff and variations that it's almost impossible for one person to figure everything out. There's also things that no one even know exists, even after all these years, that will hopefully one day see the light of day and shared with the rest of the CV Community.

I'm trying to help in this endeavor with my Collectors/Rarity List, but it is becoming a daunting task as I'm sure you know from your experience in writing the book and working on the website!

Right, there's so much variants out there and some very obscure item like my One of kind CIB Donkey Kong Jr

Talking about that, a serious CV collector ( never heard of him before) contact me 2 weeks ago and offered me some good money for my variants and obscure stuff

But I though 2.5k was not enough ;) :P

Anytime J-F.

Right, there's so much variants out there and some very obscure item like my One of kind CIB Donkey Kong Jr

Talking about that, a serious CV collector ( never heard of him before) contact me 2 weeks ago and offered me some good money for my variants and obscure stuff

You gotta take some pics already for all of us to enjoy like chuys450, coleco_master and myself did in the AA Gallery. I know the website will contain all of it and more, but the waiting is getting so hard!!!

A serious CV Collector would have offered you more than $2,500! If he wants to prove how serious he is, tell him to share pics of his collection with the rest of the community for all to enjoy.

• Like 1

Anytime J-F.

You gotta take some pics already for all of us to enjoy like chuys450, coleco_master and myself did in the AA Gallery. I know the website will contain all of it and more, but the waiting is getting so hard!!!

A serious CV Collector would have offered you more than $2,500! If he wants to prove how serious he is, tell him to share pics of his collection with the rest of the community for all to enjoy.

I'll take some pics of my rare variants and obscure stuff ;)

$2,500 was a joke if you ask me! Better be buried with that stuff in that case! :D

I told that guy to join AtariAge but he told me he hate forums in general because of the trolls people out there

I also ask him to take pics of his Bit Corp CIB set...... Yep, apparently he own all of them! Geez!

See you should tell him you want pictures of his CIB Bit Corp because you have never seen them so we can all finally see pictures. Then you can post them up here so we can all see them.

i already seen CIB Metoric Shower and Cosmic Crisis and trust me, they were the real deal

I'm supposed to have this somewhere in my archives.... Ask Colecomaster..... Its no way easy to dig something in the archives! ..... There's just too much stuff in there actually....

i sure will post pics when got them ....unlessnI finally found them! ... I know for sure the manuals were also scanned

i already seen CIB Metoric Shower and Cosmic Crisis and trust me, they were the real deal

I'm supposed to have this somewhere in my archives.... Ask Colecomaster..... Its no way easy to dig something in the archives! ..... There's just too much stuff in there actually....

i sure will post pics when got them ....unlessnI finally found them! ... I know for sure the manuals were also scanned

What are they doing in your archives pictures that rare and important should be in your book along with a blurb about the bit corp games? What kinda unit your runnin here :)

What are they doing in your archives pictures that rare and important should be in your book along with a blurb about the bit corp games? What kinda unit your runnin here :)

What J-F needs is for me to head up to his neck of the woods for a couple weeks and organize all this CV goodness for the benfit of the community... as well as myself. :twisted: I'm no Felix Unger (The Odd Couple for those that don't understand the analogy), but when it comes to the CV& ADAM, I put Felix's anal neatness to shame.

I told that guy to join AtariAge but he told me he hate forums in general because of the trolls people out there

I also ask him to take pics of his Bit Corp CIB set...... Yep, apparently he own all of them! Geez!

Seems like the real Troll is this collector who wants to remain annonymous and hidden away under his bridge. Comments like that from people who don't want to participate in a community of people with like interests really piss me off sometime. You know that old saying, "If you don't have something good to say, don't say anything at all".

So as not to sound so harsh, as another saying goes, "To each his own".

You guys, of course, have a Telegames console, but there may be someone out there who doesn't....I hope...bid people, bid! Plus, its very tiny and takes up a lot less shelf space than a ColecoVision. The AC Adaptor is easy to find.

I actually don't own one, but have been considering picking one up. I even threw out a feeler bid for the one currently on eBay, but am still wishy-washy considering there are numerous other items I want to pickup as well. Oh the pain of collecting!

Are the Telegames consoles good as Colecovision systems? I find the D-pad controllers appealing although I've never used one. Any compatibility issues with the CV library? How much do these normally go for?

I don't know about general compatibility, but I can tell you that Gulkave and Girl's Garden (two of my homebrew CV releases) do not work on the Telegames console. I have no real idea why, and I would expect several others (if not all) of my games do not work on it.

Are the Telegames consoles good as Colecovision systems? I find the D-pad controllers appealing although I've never used one. Any compatibility issues with the CV library? How much do these normally go for?

I don't know about general compatibility, but I can tell you that Gulkave and Girl's Garden (two of my homebrew CV releases) do not work on the Telegames console. I have no real idea why, and I would expect several others (if not all) of my games do not work on it.

Thanks for letting me know! I don't have any of your games (or any CV games for that matter) but I just hopped over to your page and those 2 games you mentioned look AWESOME! If I do get a CV, I'll get the actual console as I'd hate to miss out on the cool homebrews. I probably shouldn't spend too much time on your page though as it might increase my odds of picking one up. :)

My recommendation is to avoid the Telegames/Dina console. It's a curiosity and nothing more. While it does work with many ColecoVision and SG-1000 games, it can be glitchy and it only outputs RF, and on a weird channel at that due to its overseas origination. Investing in an Adam with a separate power supply or AV modded ColecoVision, as well as an SG-1000/SC-3000, separately, makes much more sense, and you don't have the same control restrictions.

My recommendation is to avoid the Telegames/Dina console. It's a curiosity and nothing more. While it does work with many ColecoVision and SG-1000 games, it can be glitchy and it only outputs RF, and on a weird channel at that due to its overseas origination. Investing in an Adam with a separate power supply or AV modded ColecoVision, as well as an SG-1000/SC-3000, separately, makes much more sense, and you don't have the same control restrictions.

Thank you for your suggestions! At first the DINA sounded like a great idea - Dpad controllers, smaller size - but given the issues you and others have highlighted plus the price tag, it makes little sense. I'll look into an ADAM or AV modded Colecovision - I've seen a few AV modded Colecovisions on eBay, is that the only place to get them? What are the pros of getting the ADAM instead?

Thank you for your suggestions! At first the DINA sounded like a great idea - Dpad controllers, smaller size - but given the issues you and others have highlighted plus the price tag, it makes little sense. I'll look into an ADAM or AV modded Colecovision - I've seen a few AV modded Colecovisions on eBay, is that the only place to get them? What are the pros of getting the ADAM instead?

If you just want to play CV games, then getting an Adam doesn't make much sense, mostly because it's so bulky. You should just get yourself a ColecoVision (on eBay or elsewhere), and have it refurbished and modded by our resident electronic sorcerer, Yurkie. :)

• Like 1