IGNORED

Raising Atlantis!

InfernalKeith

Hey, Codex!

I apologize for the snippy tone of that last message. Believe me, any disappointment you feel about the lack of progress on Atlantis is felt a hundredfold here. I've literally been trying for months to get to a place where I can set aside one evening a week for uninterrupted TI work. Rather than playing for sympathy with a laundry list of my responsibilities, or constantly repeating "real soon now!" I figured the best course of action was to lay low till I had something concrete to show.

I'm annoyed with the situation, I feel bad for not having this game as promised, and I'm frustrated that my own projects (not to mention my website) are gathering dust. Know that it's not for lack of desire. The bit of work I've done in the last year on the 99/4A, as tentative as it's been, has been incredibly rewarding, and I will find a way to get back on the horse and integrate some meaningful TI time into what's become a very weird and hectic life.

So, in conclusion... "real soon now!" :)

Keith

I want to play it now!! :D

Seriously, it really is crazy how life can get in the way.

Somehow I wasn't able to do much TI stuff myself lately.

Went through the thread and from what I understand you already got real far.

I do am looking forward playing this game, when your conversion is done :)

• 7 months later...

Hi InfernalKeith, Iv'e read this thread with great interest as I'm compiling a Gamebase project http://www.bu22.com/ for TI99/4A games and the UK games are like hens teeth.

Is there any progress on this project or could you even upload a copy of the data file for me to have a go at porting to disk as I'd love to include it in the Gamebase.

OX.

Hi InfernalKeith, Iv'e read this thread with great interest as I'm compiling a Gamebase project http://www.bu22.com/ for TI99/4A games and the UK games are like hens teeth.

Is there any progress on this project or could you even upload a copy of the data file for me to have a go at porting to disk as I'd love to include it in the Gamebase.

OX.

that sounds interesting. What emulators (regarding the TI-99/4A) would you support in Gamebase. MESS and/or Classic99 ?

OX.

OX., Great Project...!! :D ... i do not thinkig that this project could be done for ti99... i guess it's a real good project...

i seen you subscribed on my ti99iuc's website...you are welcome, a lot of software i will upload on my site...

now i have coatalog about 300 programs (in Eng, Ita, Fr, Ger) in Basic and Extended Basic... i will check all the software on mine 500dsks and about 100 tape (at now)... if i can help you in something let me know.

;)

OX.

OX., Great Project...!! :D ... i do not thinkig that this project could be done for ti99... i guess it's a real good project...

i seen you subscribed on my ti99iuc's website...you are welcome, a lot of software i will upload on my site...

now i have coatalog about 300 programs (in Eng, Ita, Fr, Ger) in Basic and Extended Basic... i will check all the software on mine 500dsks and about 100 tape (at now)... if i can help you in something let me know.

;)

Hi Ti99userclub, thanks for the offer - if you have any .wav recordings of cassette games that would be good. I know most of the european stuff was in cassette format and it is very rare.

OX.

that sounds interesting. What emulators (regarding the TI-99/4A) would you support in Gamebase. MESS and/or Classic99 ?

I Chose MESS in the end as it represented the most complete emulation at the time, although that isn't to say that Classic99 is now excellent.

TBH it's been a pig of a project as each game needs it own loading script to cater for all the TI's various loading methods.

The project has taken 4 months up to now and it's about 80% complete, I will announce it on here for download when it is ready.

There are some games in development that I'd love to get in the project such as Tutankham, Manic Miner & Beryl Reichardt and other on here in the development log but I don't know if they will be ready in time.

OX.

I Chose MESS in the end as it represented the most complete emulation at the time, although that isn't to say that Classic99 is now excellent.

TBH it's been a pig of a project as each game needs it own loading script to cater for all the TI's various loading methods.

The project has taken 4 months up to now and it's about 80% complete, I will announce it on here for download when it is ready.

There are some games in development that I'd love to get in the project such as Tutankham, Manic Miner & Beryl Reichardt and other on here in the development log but I don't know if they will be ready in time.

wow, looked at the forum post. That's a very interesting project. Looking forward using it when released :thumbsup:

I'm the one doing the Tutankham version for the TI-99/4A. Project has stalled for a while now. But I did a review of the source code this weekend and am

planning on continuing from there :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there anyone on here that's in contact with InfernalKeith that could persuade him to to drop the atlantis source code plus the data file or wavs on here? This game is a real lost treasure and I'd love to get it in the next version of Gamebase TI99 (which in all likelyhood wil be the final release).

Edited by OX.

• 4 months later...

He has many original TI games on cassette for sale that I have never heard of before. Unfortunately, at 20 BP each, not to mention shipping to the US, they are quite expensive. Nice site.

Maybe a British TI99'er could buy some and share the wares?

• 3 weeks later...

As a British TI99'er I felt I should buy that copy of Atlantis and try to move it along. I'd hoped to get a chance to work on transferring it to disk over the weekend but failed (ended up with a large number of individual TIFILEs from side B) so I thought I'd post the wavs for both sides and see if anybody else can transfer it faster than I can, which is very likely!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45563934/Atlantis.zip

If nobody gets around to it, I'll certainly be giving it a try - it looks to me like I'll need to find my cassette cable and use modified side A code to read the data from side B and transfer it to a disk file. That probably sits behind modding my PAL modulator for composite in my todo list right now.

Trev

• Like 1