IGNORED

HSC Season #3 - Game #7 Pac-Man

cparsley

So close :(

Really close, indeed !

Will you play again until tomorrow ? ;)

It's funny because we don't have the same way (I mean we you begin a table) with pacman and the strategy is different because after 3rd of 4th table, I don't catch the ghosts, I prefer to eat all pac-dots and fruits. And I saw you tried to eat all ghosts everytime, I think it's too dangerous (for me :) ).

I'm going to update my score today I think...

Edited by scalpel

OK, I managed to get the damn thing to execute, up to the title screen... and that's it!

The game won't run. I guess I am missing something in the configuration file.

I guess I won't be able to participate on this run... :(

Sorry to hear that. I don't have the rom, just the cart for the INTV unit. I have only one... Sorry.

Sorry to hear that. I don't have the rom, just the cart for the INTV unit. I have only one... Sorry.

No worries. I'll look for the cart on e-Bay this weekend. I just haven't worked too hard on my cart collection. I'll try to make it for the next round. :)

-dZ.

OK, I managed to get the damn thing to execute, up to the title screen... and that's it!

You have to press 1 to start.

It might be mapped on the 7 on the keypad.

Really close, indeed !

Will you play again until tomorrow ? ;)

It's funny because we don't have the same way (I mean we you begin a table) with pacman and the strategy is different because after 3rd of 4th table, I don't catch the ghosts, I prefer to eat all pac-dots and fruits. And I saw you tried to eat all ghosts everytime, I think it's too dangerous (for me :) ).

I'm going to update my score today I think...

I will try again tonight.

I usually have a lot more point in the first 4 levels than what you saw in my video.

It was a bad start ... but a good ending.

I try to get the ghosts most of the time but in later levels I play it save. Il'l wait next to the pill and catch one or two.

I used the config file you game me to play Dig Dug. I just renamed it to match pac-man rom file name.

I used the config file you game me to play Dig Dug. I just renamed it to match pac-man rom file name.

Hum, that probably was someone else; I don't have Dig Dug either. Could you post the contents of the file? You can open it with notepad or any text editor.

DZ-Jay, there's a great post on the developers' Yahoogroup that gives .cfg file information for most games (one or two, like USCF Chess, didn't work for me). It looks like Pac-Man should be:

[mapping]
$0000-$2FFF=$5000

See also my post here, and intvnut's replies as well.

Thanks. I came across that post earlier and tried that exactly. It managed to get the title screen, but I can't get the game to start after that. I've pressed all keys, and nothing works.

-dZ.

Wow! Amazing score.... how many "Key" screens did you clear. My games always seem to end on the screen where pacmans speed is slowed down considerably and the ghost are super fast. (4th?? Key or so)

Great job!

Thank you very much !! :)

I really don't know how many "key" screens I cleared. That I know, after 120 000 points, it"s going very very fast and my heart moved so fast too. So, I didn't count the screen. It's a real addict game. with my INTV péritélévision system, it's really nice to play with a flat screen.