IGNORED

Flora and the Ghost Mirror

newcoleco

News - Comment

Regarding the pre-released cartridges, they are not done yet, please be patient. I will post a picture of the carts when done.

To answer the question : "if only a few black cartridges, why is the price so low?" ... I don't know, maybe because I considered that it's a fair price for a cartridge.

I love the box design shown here. but why it says "like a real arcade game"? I suppose it's a compliment more than a misrepresentation.

Dale Wick is in charge to deal with Luc Miron regarding the blue-ish fancy casings. He will then be able to release the game properly. You guys better talk to him directly if you consider to order Flora and the Ghost Mirror and his upcoming games Super Action Bowling and Reckless Wizard.

I've a list of names (those who specificaly said they want a black cartridge) and I will randomly pick up 5 names from it. These guys will be the lucky ones to get a black cartridge. The other (5) black carts will go on eBay (this was suggested alot to me in here and on Skype).

One more thing...

A fake TV commercial for Flora CV game is in progress but still in early stage.

Edited by newcoleco
  • Like 1

First of all, let me just say, Daniel, THANK YOU! This has all the makings of a great game! I am very excited to see the final copy.

I DID get through all 5 or 6 levels (can't remember) without dying once, though. I hope the game loops back around after the boss battle and keeps getting harder? Or even better -- more levels? The game should not have an end but just keep getting more difficult. Could you tell me if that is the plan? If so, you may want to implement a point system, although that's not necessarily required by any means.

IF the game is only going to be 5 or 6 levels plus/minus boss, then it is too easy as currently constituted and won't have much replay value, at least for me.

Also, LOVE the music! However...can you re-record Flora's voice using a girl, rather than man's falsetto voice? It would sound a lot more natural.

Thanks again!

I've first promised to my love to wait for her to join this forum so we can both answer your questions. But the validation process seems to take too long so I'm gonna answer you right now.

First of all, thanks for your detailed comment, it's really appreciated.

Congratulations for beating all the levels in the demo version. I was thinking to adjust the levels to be easier because one of my testers just can't pass the 3rd level, but you convinced me that the difficulty level might be fine after all. You suggest that this game should loop back and I will see what is possible to do about it; it wasn't in my original plan but I do tend to change idea during the development process of an original game.

The music is quite nice and took some days to complete... specialy when it was time to adjust its volume so the voice over doesn't sound too quiet.

And about resampling the voice over by a real girl... well, it's already the case.

Edited by newcoleco

Congratulations for beating all the levels in the demo version. I was thinking to adjust the levels to be easier because one of my testers just can't pass the 3rd level, but you convinced me that the difficulty level might be fine after all. You suggest that this game should loop back and I will see what is possible to do about it; it wasn't in my original plan but I do tend to change idea during the development process of an original game.

The music is quite nice and took some days to complete... specialy when it was time to adjust its volume so the voice over doesn't sound too quiet.

And about resampling the voice over by a real girl... well, it's already the case.

Sorry if I misunderstood about the voice -- it's probably the CV audio limitations leading to diminishment of certain harmonics...

And thanks for being open-minded about my suggestions! If the game could loop back with each time faster enemies and/or enemies that cause greater damage (or both), I think that would do the trick.

Also, I'd be happy to test changes to this game and/or test other games for you in the future, should you have a need.

Thanks again!

Edited by DoctorTom

Sorry if I misunderstood about the voice -- it's probably the CV audio limitations leading to diminishment of certain harmonics...

I could have misread just like you but I was assuming he was telling you that he did redo the sound with a female voice it just isn't in the version he released to us.

I've first promised to my love to wait for her to join this forum so we can both answer your questions. But the validation process seems to take too long so I'm gonna answer you right now.

First of all, thanks for your detailed comment, it's really appreciated.

I loved the demo I was able to pass all the levels without any problems. At one point my health did get low but I was able to get something that raised it back up, but that was the only time I came close to dying. Since I didn't fight the boss though, I have no idea if I was in deep trouble when the boss came :lol:, It was really great with lots of fun(a feeling in a new game that I have not felt in a long time :-D ), my feeling was it started easy and slowly ramped up to medium level of difficulty, never feeling hard before the demo ended(which may be what your looking for as hard would be saved for later levels) . If there is any testing or tweeking/feedback you would like me to do in the game, I'm more then happy to help out. :grin: :thumbsup: I have a couple Ideas that could make the game more difficult but I'm not sure if that is what you would want.

Hello again!

This is a message from Flora herself!

Hi, I'm Gabriela Brindusa, Daniel's fiancée. I was asking Daniel to paste here my comment because I can't post my own reply and I don't know why. I just wanted to Thank you all for your comments about Flora and I have to say that it is my voice from begining but because of the speed it seems to sound like a boy (man) voice. You will hear me again in that presentation (like a tv commercial) of Flora and I am very excited to see your feedback after the game is done. Thank you again and I hope to talk soon to you all!

Edited by newcoleco
  • Like 3

FINALY!

post-3651-0-39906600-1355522163_thumb.jpg

Note : This picture is showing my cartridge of Flora and the Ghost Mirror.

I've decided to use the version I have done so far to make the pre-released cartridges. An updated version of the game will be used for the official release at the end of december by Dale Wick.

I've worked on the tv advert today and it's taking alot of time. Hope you will appreciate!

More news after the weekend! Take care!

• Like 7

FINALY!

I've decided to use the version I have done so far to make the pre-released cartridges. An updated version of the game will be used for the official release at the end of december by Dale Wick.

I've worked on the tv advert today and it's taking alot of time. Hope you will appreciate!

WOW!! This is very nice Daniel!

Can't wait to buy my copy!!

• Like 1

Here is the new list according to all the replies, asterix marking those interested mostly into a "pre-release" black cartridge. Please note that the numbers is there to show how many names is in the list.

1. Darrin9999 *
  2. san-d-2000
  3. ColecoDan *
  4. Pixelboy
  5. Ikrananka *
  6. evg2000 *
  7. coleco_master
  8. scobb
  9. UberArcade
  10. retrogmr
  11. cmart604
  12. cvga
  13. retroillucid *
  14. TMOSteel *
  15. NIAD *
  16. rpgcollector
  17. RayXambeR
  18. Troy_Whelan
  19. phattyboombatty *
  20. JEFF31 *
  21. jirkoo *
  22. grips03 *
  23. jeffgamer *
  24. dano
  25. lucifershalo
  26. superogue
  27. harlock76
  28. Bill_Loguidice
  29. RelliK111 *
  30. skosh
  31. bennybingo *
  32. reiiel1 *
  33. cmart604
  34. AtariBrian *
  35. the.golden.ax
  36. UberArcade

Just to be clear, if I'm luck enough to get to purchase a black cart I will also be buying a "production" cart as well.

thanks,

Charles

FINALY!

Wow honey, this is looking great... I can't believe!

Hello to all!

Here I am finally and I have to THANK YOU ALL personal for all this!

• Like 4

Okay, so I paid for the cartridges shells and Luc will be shipping them to me later today. So hopefully I'll receive them before the end of the year. I also have some additional PCBs and eproms on the way, but I believe I have enough for the people on the list right now. I should of course double check that. But the additional PCBs are on their way.

I checked with my printer and they think that I can get the box done before Christmas. That's good news. This will be my first box that I've done all of the production steps. I'm quite excited.

And welcome Gabriela.

Dale

• Like 3

Great to hear all the latest updates HardHat and while it seems that everyone involved would like to make this available before or around X-Mas... if things don't work out for this very ambitious timeframe, don't sweat it, as we understand how much work is involved in pulling together a project like this.

Welcome to the forums Gabriela and congrats on your engagement to Daniel.

BTW, you can remove me from the special limited release and switch me to the final release with box and all. Thank you and Happy Holidays.

• Like 1