IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

Hey speaking of people running bids up and retracting, had a user do that to me, i know he's done it in the past cause i saw him on my history but didnt notice the retractions. He shows up on ebay as 2***i or something like that, feeback of 874 as of right now. he runs up bids 1 at a time until he passes me then retracts at once. caught him in the act and called ebay and reported it, going to have him investigated along with the person mentioned on the previous page and then gonna possibly look into legal action as this is a form of fraud, gonna track them down and if i can prove i overpaid due to this tactic then i will sue for that amount, might be complicated but i started the ball rolling already. Also if they run me up and retract i dont have to pay over the 3rd high amount, i wont get stuck with one, make sure you all do that as well, refuse to pay due to fraud, then something will get done. If anyone knows who this user is let me know. Will save me time. Thanks.

Hey speaking of people running bids up and retracting, had a user do that to me, i know he's done it in the past cause i saw him on my history but didnt notice the retractions. He shows up on ebay as 2***i or something like that, feeback of 874 as of right now. he runs up bids 1 at a time until he passes me then retracts at once. caught him in the act and called ebay and reported it, going to have him investigated along with the person mentioned on the previous page and then gonna possibly look into legal action as this is a form of fraud, gonna track them down and if i can prove i overpaid due to this tactic then i will sue for that amount, might be complicated but i started the ball rolling already. Also if they run me up and retract i dont have to pay over the 3rd high amount, i wont get stuck with one, make sure you all do that as well, refuse to pay due to fraud, then something will get done. If anyone knows who this user is let me know. Will save me time. Thanks.

I hope you're joking about the lawsuit part. Between trying to track down the real identity of the person, serving them with a lawsuit, litigating it and then trying to collect the judgment, you will spend thousands of dollars and recover nothing. Yes, schill bidding is a form of fraud, but the way to avoid it is to simply not bid on items where it's happening.

That's reseller johnsgirl2

im not really joking although it depends on hard it is to make sure it will work. If i am able to prove my case and win i will get a settlement and they will have to pay legal fees so i will get something, just a matter of if its worth it. I should have no trouble tracking down who they are and where they are from. I have a friend at work who is suing someone from a neighboring state over a large sign that came broken, he already has a lawyer and they said it can be done, will await the results of that and see what i can learn. If nothing else maybe it will send a message not to retract bids on items, thats good for all people who are buying whether its ebay or another site.

im not really joking although it depends on hard it is to make sure it will work. If i am able to prove my case and win i will get a settlement and they will have to pay legal fees so i will get something, just a matter of if its worth it. I should have no trouble tracking down who they are and where they are from. I have a friend at work who is suing someone from a neighboring state over a large sign that came broken, he already has a lawyer and they said it can be done, will await the results of that and see what i can learn. If nothing else maybe it will send a message not to retract bids on items, thats good for all people who are buying whether its ebay or another site.

First of all, you are confusing two very different lawsuits. On the broken sign, that's a very standard sales contract claim. Your friend agreed to purchase a sign in a particular condition and what he received was not in that condition. The only possible defenses are that your friend (or perhaps the shipping carrier) agreed to assume liability for the sign while in transit or that the sign didn't break until your friend received it and it was broken as a result of your friend's conduct. Very simple case as the parties are clearly defined as are the damages. The only dispute is who has assumed liability at the point the sign was damaged.

What you are trying to claim is that someone intentionally defrauded you and caused you to bid more than you otherwise would have had that person not bid and withdrawn the bid. You have to find the person (Ebay is likely not going to reveal their identity without a subpoena), serve them with the lawsuit and then prove that they engaged in the fraudulent conduct you are claiming, prove you had damages and then get a judgment and enforce the judgment. Assuming you can identify and serve them, it's very easy for them to simply say "I changed my mind" and that's why I withdrew the bid. How can you prove they didn't? The answer is you can't. Even assuming they default or don't dispute your claims, your damages are probably minimal and well below the threshold of anything but a small claims court. Most states do not allow an attorney to represent you in small claims and you will likely pay far more to file the case and serve the other side than you ever will win if you get a judgment and actually enforce the judgment. Many states also don't let you file small claims actions against residents of another state and so you will be forced to travel to wherever this person lives to file and argue the lawsuit.

You're free to do what you want, but I practiced consumer fraud and related litigation for the first few years of being a lawyer and I can tell you that in my opinion you are wasting your time pursuing something like this. The best thing to do is simply never bid more than you want to pay and avoid sellers that allow fraudulent bidding.

Edited by bojay1997
  • Like 2

That's reseller johnsgirl2

That it is. In my one dealing with her/him I found them very shady. They posted a lot of Sears games CIB shown stacked nicely with some wear on the corners but nothing really too bad in my opinion. They mentioned that the boxes had wear (which I took to mean the corners). I pulled the trigger with a BIN since there were some nice titles in there. When I got them every front / back that you couldn't see was completely torn away like they had been stuck together. I've tracked this reseller ever since and any time I see them bidding on ANYTHING I'm somewhat interested I will run the price up with higher bids than I would have done. I would never buy from this person again.

Thanks for the advice, at the very least if it happens to me i will dispute the auction and not pay, in the case of the ones that just happened i will be most likely returning it to the seller with an explanation and getting a refund. I'm sure the bogus buyer can pay $1 less like he wanted to, which he may to try and prove his case, however hes not gonna like doing it when i cancel all the ones it happens in, it will be him who pays max, not me. I'm not gonna play that game. Also does anyone know a good auto bid tool so that when i am not home it will bid with like 3 seconds left so there is no time to run me up? let me know if anyone knows of anything.

A bunch of rare manuals in this lot that ends today. Odds are high that johnsgirl2 or some other reseller will end up winning it.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1609918450391?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160991845039&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I really didn't think there was much overly rare in this lot. I thought $30-$40 would be way high for this lot. Absolutely floored at this ending right at $100. WTF?????

What's the deal with user krishnasoft, that person seems to go out of his way to look for auctions that someone makes 2 bids and he makes the next highest bid just to make someone pay more for something. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: Not to mention the 87 bid retractions in the last 6 months.

Take a look at the bids on this item.

http://rover.ebay.co...utorefresh=true

krishnasoft is now up to 90 bid retractions in the last 6 months.

Edited by roadrunner

I saw that. This has to be one of the most disgusting looking game auctions I've ever seen!

Bet it was stored in basement in cheap box and then flood came and no one tried to clean or dry the carts out so the label rotted and molded. I hope it wasn't flood from backed sewer, you'd never get the smell out.

Bet it was stored in basement in cheap box and then flood came and no one tried to clean or dry the carts out so the label rotted and molded. I hope it wasn't flood from backed sewer, you'd never get the smell out.

I asked the seller and he told me that they were stored in his garage for four years and have never gotten wet. When I asked further, he said that they've been in his apartment for the last two and a half years and while they were in his garage he thinks some "moisture existed." Sounds legit.