IGNORED

Netusbee

lotharek

If we could only talk Lotharek into building an actual working

Atari -> LCD device, for all Atari 16/32 bit models! :)

(off topic, just dreaming...)

++++1.

If Lotharek could build something like that, I think there would be a very large number of very happy Atari fans out there. I know I would buy a couple of devices like that.

(off topic, just supporting!)

hmm..rgb (atari st/ste, amiga, others to COMPONENT / SVIDEO is coming....) soon after vbxe 2.1, netusbee.... and then just one step ahead to hdmi...

Holy cow, that's awesome! I've been thinking how nice it would be to use a modern TV or monitor instead of my little 12"er... and wondering what I would do if my original color monitors ever broke. They're expensive to replace!

hello

that was the first change i decided to make to device no to block midi ports :-)

Awesome! I am pretty sure I would get one then. It would still be great to have more details about how USB/Ethernet is implemented, what you can and can't use the ports for, it would be really awesome to get internet on Ethernet for example.

If we could only talk Lotharek into building an actual working

Atari -> LCD device, for all Atari 16/32 bit models! :)

(off topic, just dreaming...)

Yeah, agreed! The closest I got was with a monochrome adapter, I can connect in black and white hi-res to my 15" LCD, but it doesn't use the whole screen, and looks kind of weird with stripes of lighter and darker shades of grey going down the screen.

What were the most popular softwares that only work in Hi Res? I can't remember, but I am excited to finally try them, as until now I was always stuck using Low or Medium with my SC1224 monitor and never could.

What were the most popular softwares that only work in Hi Res? I can't remember, but I am excited to finally try them, as until now I was always stuck using Low or Medium with my SC1224 monitor and never could.

Wow, too many to list - almost all the productivity applications/software would work in mono, some would only work there.

There is also a surprising number of games that work in mono. There is a list here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/96042-mono-st-games/

HTHs.

PS and we've gone a bit astray from the subject of this thread. My fault. :)

• 2 months later...

I guess I got lucky. I filled out the on-line form and sent a separate email.... ;-)

I would like to also know the USB devices that will work on this besides the mouse. All kinds of USB stuff out there. I was watching the Atari 130XE demo using the USB port and running a USB keyboard. I was thinking on a 6502 they can do this, I am sure it can be done on the ST....

someone here willing to spent some time and get me sting config done?

my setup is netusbee (yep, the one i've done for lotharek) at static address of 192.168.0.140 and netmask set to 255.255.255.0

netus.tos passes without any errors, and setmac.prg seems to do something, but under sting's CP there is still old mac address that netus.tos detected originally (my guess is that it didn't programm despite of what was written on the screen)

anyways, currently i'm unable to ping st from pc or pc from st

i haven't got around checking USB part yet (also don't have a clue how to approach it)

Sebastian