IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

I believe the value of the parts is relevant, but I was simply using your logic to refute your point - either way you're entitled to your opinion. I don't think I need to debate someone posting on AtariAge regarding the history of the Atari 2600...regardless, it is one (2) of kind fully functional, powerful computer.

a) While the Atari 2600 has a 36 year long history, this modded unit has NO history. It is not a competition cartridge, it is not a one of a kind prize someone won 30 years ago. Those are a bunch of computer parts put into a 2600 case.

b) Atari today is just a brand name and has nothing to do with the Atari we collect.

c) Someone has done a really poor job. The case itself is not in the best condition, there is no I/O shield, no DVD drive and not even an internal slimline power supply.

Almost everyone here on the forum can do a better one within a day. I've seen portable 2600 mods where a lot of work went into it, but not here.

You may want to sell this while those are new computer parts in a 2600 case and not keep it listed until those are old computer parts in a 2600 case.

• Like 1

Sounds like it might be a hoax, let's wait and see if it gets relisted.

If you look at the seller's history, they've basically been soliciting donations from people on eBay.

Look at item number 321092848169 ("Help us with heartbreak and hardship").

Further back in history (six years ago), there is this:

Please help my 4 year old daughter! (#320153843999)

They were selling a Nintendo game last month that hit over $1000 (item 321131569793) but did not meet the reserve, which they say they bought in 2005, just 2 years before they began posting listings asking for money on behalf of their children. "Help us with hardship and heartbreak" was running almost simultaneously with a video game listing with over a $1000 reserve price on it.

This may indeed be a very sad story, and I would hate to suggest otherwise and be wrong, but I am uncomfortable with the whole thing.

• Like 1

Either this auction for "Pepsi Invaders" is the bargain of the year, or a waste of almost $200. Auction is here:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1610413105651?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=161041310565&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Pictures of the insides of a confirmed genuine Pepsi Invaders here:

http://www.atarimani...ders_11875.html

Lemme guess: that's not a real one in the auction...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/212400-pepsi-invaders-help/

Huh- I guess that cart's been seen before. Any chance that the seller genuinely isn't sure about it being real or not? Regardless, I think I'll pass on it...

That person is a reseller. I'm sure he know's what he has or doesn't have.

He's also selling this fake nude print of Britney Spears and Sarah Michelle Geller.

Britney Spears and Sara Michelle Geller with unknown . Print may be fake

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1610391721611?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=161039172161&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

post-22103-0-59762600-1370752530_thumb.jpg