IGNORED

So where can I get a prototype fixed?

Gao

Unfortunately no. However, I am sending this thing out to CPUWIZ on Tuesday to see if this can be dumped, so hopefully he'll be able to give us some more information on this thing.

That's good news.

BTW: here's another one that came to mind:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-armor-ambush_7698.html

According to your description, I don't think it's that one either, though.

8)

GAO, you have to go back to the person who gave this to you. Follow the clues and find out what this is.

Yes please. Any info would be great.

I haven't talked to him in ages, but I just sent a Facebook message asking if he could at least ask his mother who this person she got this from was. I'll let you guys know if anything comes from it.

Might play a bit like Xevious, no?

From what I can recall, the screen didn't scroll automatically. You had to move it upwards yourself. And I think you moved pretty slowly. Moving would decrease your fuel, and as far as I could tell, there wasn't a way to replenish it, so a game would just end after a couple minutes. The only enemies were those swastikas, which I think just moved side to side and shot at you. The gameplay wasn't particularly exciting, but it was hardly the worst thing on the console, and given how terrain didn't do anything and the strangeness of fuel without an ability to refill, I'm thinking that what we have is rather incomplete.

Of course, I haven't played this thing in over a decade, so I could be misremembering something. Feel free to correct me on any of that CPUWIZ.

Edited by Gao

Well what a HUGE difference a tiny little detail can make.

The entire "nazi" thing completely through me for a loop. For the record, that is NOT a "swastika"!

It is drawn differently then that. It looks similar mind you, but is NOT at all a swastika.

So this game is now a "family" game again!

Continue...as you were...

Cool! Any indication as to who the company was?

Matt, we can use deductive reasoning and try to figure it out if we try.

(of course assuming it was not some hermit programmer like Red Sea Crossing, Gamma Attack, Birthday Mania, or Extra Terrestrials)

Let's start with the fonts and the style of numbers used on the "fuel" & "hits".

Look familiar?

The "Jim's Toy" looks like a "hack" or a "re-working" of the VideoSoft logo

Perhaps it was to be a Video Soft game and was abandoned and/or stolen by pirates back in the day?

Edited by Supergun