IGNORED

Intellivision Ebay Roundup

Clamshell Thunder Castle :lol:

http://rover.ebay.co...=item338309dcbd

Edit: Anyway a very fair price in my opinion and not bad at all.

I don't know. That's a reused Genesis box with a color printout in it. For about $3 you could make your own. The cart and manual are worth about $15, so I wouldn't pay over $20 for the whole thing. Oh, wait. It is $20! I thought it was higher :P

Speaking of Thunder Castle (Ignorama will appreciate this :grin: )

I recently purchased a copy of Thunder Castle for fairly cheap, but the box was so so. Still worth the money for me. The listing only had a photo of the cart and the front of the box. The description made no mention of any damage or graffiti, just that it was in "fair condition". Here's the front of the box from the pic in the listing:

Thunder Castle_blue Pen marks (front)

The game arrives (well packaged in a box), but on the back of the box I see this:

Thunder Castle_blue Pen marks

Would have been nice to know that minor detail. Just lazy/deceptive eBaying. No big deal though, I still got a decent price (especially considering it's a Blue Castle variant) :D

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 1

Yes, collectors in PAL regions received a second Cart + label + letter. There was a bug, which made the game unplayable at a certain point on PAL systems, so DZ send us replacement carts, pretty awesome and I cant say thank you often enough, other homebrewers dont do this.

Edit: I still dont know why the replacement labels were send too, but they were ^^

Edited by Ignorama

Oh no....now there is another variant of carol out there for cmart to collect!

pssst...let me tell you...there is still another carol variant...because I put my replacement circuit board into my clear carol shell. Now there is a PAL carol in the first run.

Wait, the 1st run was a clear shell? I dont understand, because I ordered the game when it was released and I didnt get a clear shell

By the way, why noone mentioned that the replacement carts are signed by DZ? :)

The clear shell variants were only released in limited numbers at the classic gaming expo in Las Vegas..... long before the actual sales of the game. Just another one of the cool advantages of actually going to these expos. One day...

• Like 1

Wait, the 1st run was a clear shell? I dont understand, because I ordered the game when it was released and I didnt get a clear shell

By the way, why noone mentioned that the replacement carts are signed by DZ? :)

My replacement cart was signed too.

Also, I received yesterday another one boxed and signed by Joe & James. The remplacement cart wasn't signed this time.

By the way, I know I have to send back to him the first cartridge I have (doesn't work great with Pal version Intellivision).

post-32817-0-89793900-1371477856_thumb.jpg

post-32817-0-90249400-1371477858_thumb.jpg

The clear shell variants were only released in limited numbers at the classic gaming expo in Las Vegas..... long before the actual sales of the game. Just another one of the cool advantages of actually going to these expos. One day...

2 or 3 of these clear carts were left over and so does one of them come available to such an ordinary guy like me. ;-)

What would you think it's worth opened and in decent (not mint) shape?

Well, there was a time I would have paid $50 for a French one in not great shape....and I think I did. :) I've just upgraded. So, I'd say $25-30 I guess for a decent one.

YOINK grabbed the last one.

Goes nicely with my German and English versions.

Hey Cmart how many different Zaxxons do you have?

Here's a sneak peek at a much larger thread a few of you have been asking for...I'm just waiting for one more CBS/Coleco variation to arrive.

I'm aware of six versions of Zaxxon. The regular US version, the French Canadian bilingual one, the striped CBS version, and the German, French and English versions of the one from the ebay link above.

If anyone else has come across a different version.....pics please! (and your price or trade demands would be appreciated) :-D

post-25458-0-81241200-1371540972_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here's a sneak peek at a much larger thread a few of you have been asking for...I'm just waiting for one more CBS/Coleco variation to arrive.

I'm aware of six versions of Zaxxon. The regular US version, the French Canadian bilingual one, the striped CBS version, and the German, French and English versions of the one from the ebay link above.

If anyone else has come across a different version.....pics please! (and your price or trade demands would be appreciated) :-D

post-25458-0-81241200-1371540972_thumb.jpg

"High Resolution Impact Graphics"? Seriously, have they played the game?