IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

http://www.auctionzip.com/aflive.html?method=getLotInfo&lotref=1ED6364A61&utm_source=azemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alerts

Up for auction, a Coleco Roller Controller and a Radio Shack TV Scoreboard that have both seen better days, and assorted Atari carts.

Noteworthy titles include CIB Tank Command for the 7800, CIB Water Ski for the 7800, and CIB The Designer's Pencil for Atari 800/XL/XE.

Auction end date Nov. 18.

Time Warp, Zellers: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2213136643901?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=221313664390&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Sea Hawk, Zellers: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2613258544421?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261325854442&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Worm War I + Sears Demons and Diamonds: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 4006022057051?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=400602205705&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Sea Hawk is $100+ according to atari2600.com and the last sealed Sears Demons and Diamonds sold last year for $70. So how come they ended all with only 1 bidder?

Edited by Andre81

Time Warp, Zellers: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2213136643901?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=221313664390&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Sea Hawk, Zellers: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2613258544421?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=261325854442&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Worm War I + Sears Demons and Diamonds: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 4006022057051?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=400602205705&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Sea Hawk is $100+ according to atari2600.com and the last sealed Sears Demons and Diamonds sold last year for $70. So how come they ended all with only 1 bidder?

I can't speak for the Zellers carts, but that last bundle of three was in pretty terrible shape.

Not sure what you see, but Demons to Diamonds is in pretty good shape.

There are deep creases along the back and a large crease on the front of the box. There also appear to be scratches on both the front and back and some corner scuffing. As such, I wouldn't consider that to be "pretty good shape". Most sealed collectors are looking for mint stuff, not sealed stuff with significant shelf wear. Why bother paying the sealed premium for something that is in worse condition than something that is mint and complete in the box?

Why bother paying the sealed premium for something that is in worse condition than something that is mint and complete in the box?

You're obviously not collecting actively, otherwise you'd know how rare Sears Demon to Diamonds is, let alone sealed. At the moment is not a single boxed copy on eBay and there was also none in the last months. You'd also know that mint Sears games are almost impossible to get as all copies are circulated. There is no new old stock.

You're obviously not collecting actively, otherwise you'd know how rare Sears Demon to Diamonds is, let alone sealed. At the moment is not a single boxed copy on eBay and there was also none in the last months. You'd also know that mint Sears games are almost impossible to get as all copies are circulated. There is no new old stock.

Actually, I am a very active collector and I have been for over 25 years. You're right that Sears sealed box games are hard to find in nice condition. That doesn't change the fact that I own many in that condition and have never lowered my standards simply because something doesn't appear on Ebay for a period of time. You can decide to collect however you want, but if I'm going to pay a premium for something, it has to be really nice otherwise there really is no point in paying the extra money for a sealed copy. Maybe you just need to learn patience instead of overpaying for everything like you seem to do based on the auctions you have won in the past year or two.

There are different tiers of collecting. I personally love the beat to heck stuff. That goes along with my need to tinker. I no longer have my Bug, and I don't build computers anymore. I'm a hands on collector.

There are others who are happy with items that have a few flaws. The casual collector. For me, I can see income as a factor of that.

There are collectors that will wait, and stalk the perfect prey. They are pretty logical, and know what something is truly worth. Most of the time, they have the money to back it up. This is the true collector.

Mixed in all of that is the foolhardy, we get excited and pounce. Sometime too impulsively. Many times we pay too much. "When will this happen again to me?", is part of that. On eBay/auction the ego can get in the way of making a wise investment, as the bidding war happens. Then there are the patient people, who will walk away at the right time, and let someone else have whatever. Cool as a cucumber. Then there are the ones who can see a flaw a million miles away, and will simply not want it.

None of it it is right, or wrong. Just different. That's good as every game, or hardware finds a home, and does not end up thrown away. I love that this stuff still works. 35 year old pong systems live, whereas today, electronics are buggy.

Rich collectors will always take the expense to preserve these games in museum quality. I am grateful for that. But, I love the "junk". I sell most of the good stuff.

I'm one that just wants a copy of something and I'm ok if it's not pristine. I would NEVER search out a sealed copy by any means and see no reason to collect it just to look at it, but to each their own I guess. My philosophy is that I would never spend the money for a really rare copy of something that is going to be pricey. If I can get a flawed copy of something rare, I'm just as happy.

Nice run of posts that depart from the "Look how much this foolish seller wants for a common item!" genre.

Here's a fun item: a Pitfall! canvas painting. The seller figured out how to take advantage of how the canvas is stretched along the edges.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2213214452991?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=221321445299&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Seller has lots of other cool retro canvas items such as wax card packages.

Crap! I was prepared to bid like I've never bid before on this lot until it was apparently side dealt. I'm so sick of this happening constantly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-34-atari-games-/281213254768?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=qhy2dwDZ69tEodKQkGGNAKBjEqo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Crap! I was prepared to bid like I've never bid before on this lot until it was apparently side dealt. I'm so sick of this happening constantly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-34-atari-games-/281213254768?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=qhy2dwDZ69tEodKQkGGNAKBjEqo%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Not side dealed. Relisted separately

Nice run of posts that depart from the "Look how much this foolish seller wants for a common item!" genre.

Here's a fun item: a Pitfall! canvas painting. The seller figured out how to take advantage of how the canvas is stretched along the edges.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2213214452991?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=221321445299&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Seller has lots of other cool retro canvas items such as wax card packages.

That is a brilliant idea--that I have now stolen.

Just purchased this Lochjaw cartridge from an e-Bay seller this morning. Those of you that know about this cart, I would be interested in your input. The end label has been split which makes me wonder if the cart has been opened. I'm newer to collecting (just the past couple of years) and know of this game but I do not have what I would consider to be a lot of knowledge about it. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-Apollo-Lochjaw-Atari-2600-Cartridge-R9-SUPER-RARE