IGNORED

Flora and the Ghost Mirror

newcoleco

Okay, so I missed my window in August with work commitments, and then in Sept, Oct my seasonal allergies and personal commitments meant I made no progress. So finally over the month of November, I finished what I'd hoped to finish in August before other things took over. Here it is:

post-16511-0-12188400-1386691474_thumb.jpg

and a peek inside:

post-16511-0-84747900-1386691450_thumb.jpg

so the last step is the ordering button. I'll work on that, and get that going today. I'll be shipping out the first batch of carts on Monday.

Again, I'm sorry I'm so slow at all of this. I'm trying to learn from my mistakes and get everything flowing more smoothly with each new project I publish. I've seen some improvement as I progress, but never as much as I desire.

And for the three Canadian Flora beta owners, I can only say that it was my biggest mistake ever to not ship those carts back in August. I will try hard never to fall into that trap again.

Okay, so I put up the ordering page in the usual place:

http://www.adamcon.org/cartridge.html

So check it out if you're interested. Initially there are 32 available, but once those ship I'll make more available. I will be PMing everyone on the pre-order list.

Edited by hardhat

Again, I'm sorry I'm so slow at all of this. I'm trying to learn from my mistakes and get everything flowing more smoothly with each new project I publish. I've seen some improvement as I progress, but never as much as I desire.

And for the three Canadian Flora beta owners, I can only say that it was my biggest mistake ever to not ship those carts back in August. I will try hard never to fall into that trap again.

The only "trap" the people around here would like to see you NOT fall into is the one where you completely disappear for months at a time. Not being able to make progress on a project like preparing new copies of Flora is something anyone here can understand (we all have to deal with real life, some of us more than others) but it's another matter entirely to maintain complete radio silence for months.

Avoiding to provide updates (even if it's just to say that you're too busy/tired/depressed/sick/etc. to make any progress) sends the message that you're taking this community for granted. And no one likes to be taken for granted, especially when people pay for their orders in advance.

Eduardo Mello is already testing our collective patience enough as it is... :ponder:

Well, I try never to collect money for anything until I know when I can ship it. Somehow I was designated to ship some copies of the Flora beta, and each time I talked to any of the three beta recipients they suggested that I wait until the full version of Flora was ready -- expecting as always that it was just around the corner. I never should have agreed to that. So I had the physical copies that they paid Daniel for and that wasn't really a good plan on my part. I'm not really sure why Daniel gave them to me. But I accepted them, so clearly I am at fault, and should have done better.

When I couldn't communicate myself, I did my best to keep Daniel as informed as I could. I will continue to try to improve my communication skills, or I will do as Toby suggested and allow him to do what I can not do properly.

I've toyed with the idea of running a ColecoVision game as a kickstarter campaign to see if I could try and expand the size of the community. But it plays on my biggest fear, which is that I collect money before I'm ready to ship my project, and then the project becomes delayed an unreasonable amount of time. Maybe kickstarter just isn't for me.

Edited by hardhat

Congrats on completing and finally making available Flora CIB. You did hold true to releasing it before the end of the year, oh wait, the plan IIRC was by the end of 2012! :P

I do agree with PixelBoy's sentiments in matters such as these especially considering the CV&ADAM community is much smaller than other retro-communities and situations like what is going on with Opcode can really cause a lot of harm... especially for those on the fringes that aren't as diehard about the system as we are. I remember all to well the damage that was done to the ADAM community back in the 80's by the likes of Taylor Barcroft, Buck Rogers (yes, that was his name), etc., etc. and it seems like history has a tendency to repeat itself, but hopefully there will never be a repeat of the big knife to the back that Soloman Swift (aka P.R. Dick, etc., etc... can't remeber all the name changes of the top of my head) so generously gave the ADAM community.

On my way over to order. Thanks and Merry X-Mas.

A back up list? Well you can just go to my web site and order. Once the first batch ships I will make a second batch, but there are several available in the first batch.

I will be sending out emails once your order is prepared with the latest shipping estimate from Canada Post. So hopefully that will be helpful.

I'm almost done shipping out all of the first 32 copies, so I will finish that up and post when the next round of copies are available. I've been shipping steadily all week, but it all takes time it seems. So I'm glad I was able to take this week off and work on shipping and also coding Reckless Wizard.