IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

WOW!! Real TI cartridge drawers! I would love to have the whole lot. Sure beats the crafts cases I have my carts in now, though I probably have more than the drawers can hold. With an MBX, no less. The whole thing is too rich for my blood, but still a nice set.

Yes, i would want send a private message to the seller but maybe it will not a good price, the auction have a too much expensive price as Gary wrote... and for my blood too ! :( ... just the drawers are very very nice ;)

The few times I've run into the problem of a program needing to run from floppy, I've just fixed the program. No need to go to the extra trouble of banking in a floppy image. Makes everything easier to run from a menu.

Gazoo

Agreed, it is better to fix them when possible, but there are quite a number of programs built for the floppy only. Often the programs are assembly based, including utilities like Disk Utilities (DSKU), that only work with disk numbers. I am not saying disk emulation is necessary but I have found it very useful over the years.

Does anyone know of a way (when signed into eBay) that removes a seller from the listing of searched items? There is one particular 'buddy' who is a 'bear' about selling TI-'99'/4A items. Since I never plan to buy anything from him, I would prefer his items not show up when I search for "TI-99".

Thanks....

• Like 1

Does anyone know of a way (when signed into eBay) that removes a seller from the listing of searched items? There is one particular 'buddy' who is a 'bear' about selling TI-'99'/4A items. Since I never plan to buy anything from him, I would prefer his items not show up when I search for "TI-99".

Thanks....

I do not think so. You could try excluding his eBay ID as a keyword, but I am not certain that will work. Now, you can limit results to sellers you are following, so in theory you could build a list of followed sellers and do it that way, though that would exclude unknown sellers from your results.

Actually, you can: you will need to edit the search you subscribe to for TI items. From the eBay forums:

In the advanced search options, you can go to the Seller menu option, and check the box that reads "Only show items from:". Then under "Specific sellers (enter seller's user IDs)" choose "Exclude" from the dropdown menu, then add the seller's user ID to the box, and click the blue "Go" button.
  • Like 1

Thanks....

No!!!-you will have to do better than these cryptic clues, I'm sure nobody has any idea who you are talking about-I mean it's not as if there is some guy out there shifting hundreds of copied disks and clogging up the TI-99 search for a day every week!

No!!!-you will have to do better than these cryptic clues, I'm sure nobody has any idea who you are talking about-I mean it's not as if there is some guy out there shifting hundreds of copied disks and clogging up the TI-99 search for a day every week!

Do we know who the guy is IRL? I have actually bought a couple of things from him in the past (legit items at good prices.) Other than that, I have to wonder about the carts-on-disk that flood in.

(I mean, if you buy from him you know his name, but what are his ties to the TI community?)

Do we know who the guy is IRL? I have actually bought a couple of things from him in the past (legit items at good prices.) Other than that, I have to wonder about the carts-on-disk that flood in.

(I mean, if you buy from him you know his name, but what are his ties to the TI community?)

I can't really complain either, I have actually bought quite a few cartridges and accessories from him and they were all received in good condition and in fairly quick time given their trip over the Atlantic.

Kevan, here's a nice console case for you. . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161221749092

a bit pricey, though!

A few months ago I saw a TI console for sale in one of these. I decided I did not like how the cartridges blocked the joystick port, but it certainly has its usefulness. Worth $60? hrmmmm.....

The TI-99/2 went for just under $1000. Somebody badly wanted it!

My guess is a collector or someone who desperately wants to emulate it. I cannot imagine anyone who would want to pay that much to get it working. I suppose we will never know unless it is within the community. (Seriously, would be cool for it to show up at The Faire.)

The TI-99/2 went for just under $1000. Somebody badly wanted it!

Shit maybe I should sell my 99/2?

I wonder when another 99/8 will appear.

Sadly some of these rare TI99 ebay items at high price, either reappear as buy it now at much higher price, or get stored away by ebay professional collector that has no interest in using it or sharing knowledge from it with the rest of the TI99 community.

If my parsing of the hash eBay uses to obfuscate user IDs is correct, this probably went to Ciro.

Bravo! your parsing is right! :) ... there is no privacy in this group! :lolblue:

My guess is a collector or someone who desperately wants to emulate it. I cannot imagine anyone who would want to pay that much to get it working. I suppose we will never know unless it is within the community. (Seriously, would be cool for it to show up at The Faire.)

Also your guess is correct ;) ... I like to collect texas instruments home computer and items... I know ... the price for this, maybe, it's a little too high ... especially considering the state and the probably -not working- status... among other things, I'm still finishing to pay my last installments of the TI-99/8 ... and now I had to take another loan ( :? maybe maybe I'm sick of TI?) ... the problem is that I tried for years to looking for a /2 and I have never be able to have a my own ... some American people that had it, choice to holder it and not selling or would not ship to Italy (I never understand why ... basically I'll pay the shipping charges ... meh ...)

now i will complete more my little collection: post-24673-0-67757000-1392471664_thumb.jpg

i missed a cc40+ someone have one ? :grin:

anyway i do not know if it could be good to complete a /2 mess emulator as already done with /8 maybe Michael Zapf will tell me about it if needed ;)

Shit maybe I should sell my 99/2?

I wonder when another 99/8 will appear.

Sadly some of these rare TI99 ebay items at high price, either reappear as buy it now at much higher price, or get stored away by ebay professional collector that has no interest in using it or sharing knowledge from it with the rest of the TI99 community.

Gary ! you have a TI99/2 too ? good to know ! :-D :-D :-D it's in good and working shape ?

Edited by ti99userclub
  • Like 3

That is a nice collection of odd TI items. Did you also get the HexBus plotter and WaferTape auctions? I have always been curious about the WaferTapes. At one point marketing would have us believe these were the Next Revolution in storage, only to find they were horribly unreliable.

thank you ;) , about the auctions of the hexbus plotter and WaferTape i don't get them, i have already my own so i bidded only on the one i missing, the /2.. Wafertape was a great idea... the tape readable in loop was very nice... i have about 10 recorded tapes but i never tried to read still... i must learn some command to use CC40 too ;)

thank you ;) , about the auctions of the hexbus plotter and WaferTape i don't get them, i have already my own so i bidded only on the one i missing, the /2.. Wafertape was a great idea... the tape readable in loop was very nice... i have about 10 recorded tapes but i never tried to read still... i must learn some command to use CC40 too ;)

You know Ciro-here in the UK we have a name for someone like you "JAMMY BASTARD!!!!!!", I don't know if there is an equivalent translation in Italian.

If you check a reputable English dictionary and look up the meaning of "JAMMY BASTARD"-it simply says,A person who has ownership of a TI99/2 and a TI99/8! ;)

P.S-well done for bringing it back to the dark side of the Atlantic!!!!!! ;-)

• Like 1