IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

Not interested in selling my 1200, BUT I may have enough parts for another 1200 system in storage. I think your best bet is a well cared-for system from eBay or Amibay. You can get NOS from Amigakit or Vesalia. IIRC, that can also be caused by a bad daughtercard which is required to store Kickstart loaded from floppy. Also, try removing the front RAM expansion. I hope it is something simple like a power supply. I am assuming you have had a look under the hood?

Yes, I opened it up (it's a pain BTW), unseated and re-seated all the socketed chips, removed, visually inspected and re-seated the daugherboard, unplugged and re-plugged all cables. Nothing... All the caps look OK on cursory inspection and the mobo seems to be in excellent shape. I did remove the front RAM pack as well as well as the sidecar RAM expansion but no dice. The Ebay systems tend to go for ridiculous prices unfortunately, and I already paid extravagantly for this A1000 far more than I should have. I call it emotional buying: BAD THING!

1078855_10153026340950144_2054211282_o.j

I hereby request 100% stoning of this person.

As there is three things WRONG with this picture.

#1: The PE-BOX is sitting on the FLOOR (and) on top of of it looks like carpet, 100% killer for static and any non-clamshelled cards like Horzion ramdisks!

#2: The Flex-FireHose-Cable is sitting UNATTACHED to the TI99 Console.

#3: The TI99/4A console is sitting crying its bits off at an sad angle, it is no longer been given any desk space and not even power-on, and missing its voice box so you can hear its horrible pain!

I hope this matter is resolved soon, and you kindly give this poor TI99/4A a bit of valuable desk space and some AC juice now and then, so its bytes don't freeze up totally!

Thanks!

Edited by Gary from OPA
  • Like 1

I hereby request 100% stoning of this person.

As there is three things WRONG with this picture.

#1: The PE-BOX is sitting on the FLOOR (and) on top of of it looks like carpet, 100% killer for static and any non-clamshelled cards like Horzion ramdisks!

#2: The Flex-FireHose-Cable is sitting UNATTACHED to the TI99 Console.

#3: The TI99/4A console is sitting crying its bits off at an sad angle, it is no longer been given any desk space and not even power-on, and missing its voice box so you can hear its horrible pain!

I hope this matter is resolved soon, and you kindly give this poor TI99/4A a bit of valuable desk space and some AC juice now and then, so its bytes don't freeze up totally!

Thanks!

That's my spare pbox i use for testing hdx cards, I unplug the nanopeb and stick that in my f18a console to test.. and a spare console :P you'll note the shrine in my photo above and to the left blown up here: 178348_10151819200115144_2016889359_o.jp

• Like 1

Tut tut, fellas. What you fail to recognize is the pragmatic and synergistic shift of the Coming Ice AgeTM of the 70s to today's Anthropogenic Global WarmingTM errr, Climate ChangeTM. You see, the extreme cold we are experiencing is, in reality, precisely and conclusively linked to AGW/CC as the increase in temperatures has caused a disruption in climate patterns, such as the failure of the containment mechanism of the Polar VortexTM, increased evaporation and thus precipitation, erased magnetic strips on credit cards, and so on. In fact, if all of you Climate DeniersTM could for one moment stop being so damned short-sighted and ignorant racists homophobes, you would clearly understand the full gravity of the situation.

• Like 2

Tut tut, fellas. What you fail to recognize is the pragmatic and synergistic shift of the Coming Ice AgeTM of the 70s to today's Anthropogenic Global WarmingTM errr, Climate ChangeTM. You see, the extreme cold we are experiencing is, in reality, precisely and conclusively linked to AGW/CC as the increase in temperatures has caused a disruption in climate patterns, such as the failure of the containment mechanism of the Polar VortexTM, increased evaporation and thus precipitation, erased magnetic strips on credit cards, and so on. In fact, if all of you Climate DeniersTM could for one moment stop being so damned short-sighted and ignorant racists homophobes, you would clearly understand the full gravity of the situation.

652768953_a3152829_252_ROTFLMAO_answer_4

• Like 1

As a contrast, in Germany we just had the 4th warmest winter according to all climate records back to 18xx. We had three or four days near 0°C, and we had lots of days with temperatures above 12°C (including Christmas) which may be typical for early spring. We had two nights since November with light snow that thawed away till morning. I actually cannot remember a similarly warm winter. In that sense, winter was a complete failure here.

• Like 1

Cool! I know it's probably heresy, but the TI really shows its age and limitations here when compared to the Amiga, but then I suppose this is the case for all pre-Amiga 8-bitters anyway :)

Sometimes I get tired of battling with the TI's confines, and the Amiga will provide me with a little R&R with its relatively plush interface and ease of use. OK, let the stoning begin.

I just converted a gotek floppy emu into an amiga adf loader .. cortexamigafloppydriver.wordpress.com I have to take apart one of the boxes to put it as DF0, but it reads fine as DF2 in an external drive case and i can read the startup adf.. cant select any others till it's df0.. sometime later i will put it in the 2k or 3k as df0 and try that..

Greg

I just converted a gotek floppy emu into an amiga adf loader .. cortexamigafloppydriver.wordpress.com I have to take apart one of the boxes to put it as DF0, but it reads fine as DF2 in an external drive case and i can read the startup adf.. cant select any others till it's df0.. sometime later i will put it in the 2k or 3k as df0 and try that..

Greg

I came across a post somewhere explaining how to modify the Amiga so that the internal drive become switchable between df0 and dfx. I plan on doing that mod once my HxC drive comes in so I can boot adf images straight from it. BTW, I ended up scrapping the A1000 and acquiring a nice A1200 instead.

Edited by Vorticon
  • Like 1

I came across a post somewhere explaining how to modify the Amiga so that the internal drive become switchable between df0 and dfx. I plan on doing that mod once my HxC drive comes in so I can boot adf images straight from it. BTW, I ended up scrapping the A1000 and acquiring a nice A1200 instead.

I have a hardware card which sits under the CIA (#2, I think) and has a jumper header to make DF1 (first external drive) into DF0, but I think you lose all other drives (no daisy-chain.) It is installed in my 1000 as the internal drive obstructed the Derringer accelerator.

Nice.. I liked the 30 bucks price of the gotek over the 100+ for the hxc

Greg