IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

Do you have 2 hours, 37 minutes and 48 seconds to enjoy a really funny and NOT politically correct movie?

WARNING: If you an older person, pee before watching (yes, it's THAT funny). :)

Normally, I don't like musicals. Normally I don't watch westerns. This movie is BOTH, and I still loved it!

I've also never saw Clint Eastwood sing before either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LTKhHV9DS4

NOTE: If you are easily offended at religion being poked fun at, do not watch this movie.

• Like 1

I think I saw this back in the day, but I'm not sure. Re Clint Eastwood's singing, I'm not remembering his singing, but Eastwood is quite the musician, so it doesn't surprise me at all. He wrote and, I believe, performed on the piano, the theme song ("Doe Eyes") in Bridges of Madison County. He also produced, directed and starred in the movie.

...lee

Ok, so my brother just send me this joke. Normally I don't forward jokes (or anything really) but I just can't help it this time!

FORWARDED JOKE:

"I can finally get rid of my case of two hundred 1980′s computers I’ve had on eBay for six months, now that a bloke in Mexico has just bought them.

Adios, Amigas!"

Edited by CantStopClicking

Do you have 2 hours, 37 minutes and 48 seconds to enjoy a really funny and NOT politically correct movie?

WARNING: If you an older person, pee before watching (yes, it's THAT funny). :)

Normally, I don't like musicals. Normally I don't watch westerns. This movie is BOTH, and I still loved it!

I've also never saw Clint Eastwood sing before either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LTKhHV9DS4

NOTE: If you are easily offended at religion being poked fun at, do not watch this movie.

I went to watch this in the Theater in 1969 when it came out with my mother.

She was shocked that the story was so modern and had a 2 man 1 woman marriage.

(Also consider what a freaking Conservative right wing nut Clint Eastwood is today.)

Funny as hell movie though and entertaining the way written.

• Like 1

(Also consider what a freaking Conservative right wing nut Clint Eastwood is today.)

Wow, don't know where that comes from. Clint might just be one of the most insightful humans alive today.

Read, and learn:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/29/us/clint-eastwood-the-director-through-an-ethicists-eyes.html?_r=0

Gazoo

Clint was talking to himself with an empty chair sitting next to him - I really lost all respect for him after that.

Anyway, back to a non-political jive... I'd like to say that it's great to be back online again. I just got internet at the new house- it took forever :(. But it's good to be back :).

Edited by RobertLM78
  • Like 1

Clint was talking to himself with an empty chair sitting next to him - I really lost all respect for him after that.

Anyway, back to a non-political jive... I'd like to say that it's great to be back online again. I just got internet at the new house- it took forever :(. But it's good to be back :).

Good to have you back. Actually, what Clint was doing was mocking the guy who occupies the White House who had previously been referred to as an empty chair due to his frequent and consistent absence at various meetings, including staff, cabinet, and defense.

• Like 1

Good to have you back.

Thanks! It's good to be back - I felt out of the loop for those few months there.

Actually, what Clint was doing was mocking the guy who occupies the White House who had previously been referred to as an empty chair due to his frequent and consistent absence at various meetings, including staff, cabinet, and defense.

Interesting- I didn't know that.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember playing this on the TRS-80 back in the day. I bet this would be much BETTER ported over to the TI, especially in color.

It should be able to be coded in XB with sprites, although you would have the issue of disappearing sprites if there are more than 4 on a line. Cloaking? :D

In case none of you have ever witnessed an autopsy on a TI-99/4A....

http://www.nightfallcrew.com/11/06/2013/texas-instruments-ti-994a-boxed-speech-synthesizer/

That's a PAL model that has been dissected there. The great thing about performing Autopsies on old computers is that You can still revive them if they are dead.