IGNORED

Mystery Jag Project #1 ?

guSTaw

You know, it's not what you're saying, it's how you're saying it. This was your first comment, no other explanation, no embellishment, no clarification, no quantification.

Unless you have Asperger's or something, a statement like this just makes you sound like a douche right off the bat. Are you actually surprised that current coders would be rubbed the wrong way by this? You were either trying to stir things up or there's simply something wrong with your interpersonal skills.

Edit: Please let this end. I have no desire to see this continue or participate in it.

This forum is toxic and I will stay out of it.

Edited by Brian R.

How about we just go back to the original topic of the thread, which I'm pretty sure was about a mysterious Atari Jaguar project that Songbird Productions has listed on their site, hmm?

I think it's just a placeholder for any potential project that Songbird comes across. I don't think there is anything really in the works at the moment. I do hope that I'm wrong, though.

There is a specific project, but it requires my time to write and debug code so it's been on the shelf for several years. It's obviously taken much longer than I anticipated, so I'm leaving it as a mystery game until I can get back to this and convince myself it's close enough to release that it will really happen. The only other thing I will say is it's a sequel of sorts but even that's not totally accurate. :)

Beyond that, I do still occasionally get leads on lost games, but I don't have anything imminent in the pipe at the moment.

• Like 5

There is a specific project, but it requires my time to write and debug code so it's been on the shelf for several years. It's obviously taken much longer than I anticipated, so I'm leaving it as a mystery game until I can get back to this and convince myself it's close enough to release that it will really happen. The only other thing I will say is it's a sequel of sorts but even that's not totally accurate. :)

Beyond that, I do still occasionally get leads on lost games, but I don't have anything imminent in the pipe at the moment.

So is this the game you were referring to here in this old post?

Besides Crystal Mines for the NDS? Nothing at the moment, although I was actually working on E______ W____ for the Jaguar a few days ago. Just ran out of time to have it ready for the show. icon_wink.gif

...or was that just something to throw people off the scent? :0)

"Leads" doesn't necessarily mean "prototype games." It often means I get a contact of someone who knows someone that used to do graphics for a game company that no longer exists, but that guy still knows the programmer/owner/etc. So it's not like I'm sitting on a large cache of unpublished games that only I get to see. That was true back in the day, but not so much now. ;-) Except for some Lynx games, of course, meaning Mechtiles, Ultra Vortek, and some unused CyberVirus assets... and I guess Virtual VCS for the Jaguar.

• Like 2

I really hope Carl will fix/finish and release Virtual VCS for the Jaguar!, that would be great man!

I dunno, with all the never ending nonsense about 'pushing' the Jaguar like its some kind of magic friction free 18 wheeled bin, I think some peoples heads will fly clean f*cking off if they see 2600 games on it...

:D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...