I added the following to the clasin99.ini file:

[userCart0]
name="632k"
; *** 632k cart - Doesn't appear to work :(
rom0=g|6000|A000|MODS\9800g.BIN
rom1=g1|6000|A000|MODS\9804g.BIN
rom2=g2|6000|A000|MODS\9808g.BIN
rom3=3|0000|80000|MODS\BackwardsROM3.bin.BIN

The attached files are in the \MODS directory.

[deleted attachment=337888:632k cart files.zip]

I start classic99, select cartridge, select user, and select 632k.

I only get TI Basic as a menu choice.

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo
  • Like 1

Well, for starters, rom3 has the wrong filename—it has an extra ".bin".

...lee

I previously tried it without that line and the Grom files didn't load.

I even tried it with just the first Grom file, and that didn't load.

Thanks for pointing out the extra '.bin", that must have happened when I was changing capitalization of the filenames, which didn't help.

Do the files go directly in the \MODS directory, or some subdirectory under it?

Gazoo

• Like 1

I previously tried it without that line and the Grom files didn't load.

I even tried it with just the first Grom file, and that didn't load.

Thanks for pointing out the extra '.bin", that must have happened when I was changing capitalization of the filenames, which didn't help.

Do the files go directly in the \MODS directory, or some subdirectory under it?

Gazoo

Directly into the MODS directory.

Perhaps you already tried this, but maybe using uppercase letters for the ROM type would work: rom0=G ...

...lee

Directly into the MODS directory.

Perhaps you already tried this, but maybe using uppercase letters for the ROM type would work: rom0=G ...

...lee

That was it, thanks!

I also found that the A000 in the rom2 line needed to be changed to 6000.

Gazoo

• Like 1

That was it, thanks!

I also found that the A000 in the rom2 line needed to be changed to 6000.

Gazoo

Yeah, I was looking right at that one while I was checking the contents of the ZIP file. I stopped looking when I saw that the A000h matched the first 40960-byte size. Glad you got it going. Now I need to check it out.

...lee

Yeah, I was looking right at that one while I was checking the contents of the ZIP file. I stopped looking when I saw that the A000h matched the first 40960-byte size. Glad you got it going. Now I need to check it out.

...lee

I've been fixing it up a little now that I've got it working.

So far I've stopped the too-long-beep after pressing a key for menu selection.

Problems remaining:

Corcomp Diagnostics and Navaronne Disk Fixer don't consistently start, don't know why yet.

M-Copier won't start.

Myarc Disk Manager 5 will only start if there is a peripheral with WDS in it's dsr entries, not really a bug but I thought I'd mention it before someone else does. :)

Gazoo

• Like 1

I've been fixing it up a little now that I've got it working.

So far I've stopped the too-long-beep after pressing a key for menu selection.

Problems remaining:

Corcomp Diagnostics and Navaronne Disk Fixer don't consistently start, don't know why yet.

M-Copier won't start.

Myarc Disk Manager 5 will only start if there is a peripheral with WDS in it's dsr entries, not really a bug but I thought I'd mention it before someone else does. :)

Gazoo

Problems all fixed. Dumb typing mistakes on my part.

* Typed 'D000' instead of 'DD00 for M-Copier loader.

* Typed '04606000' instead of 'BF0060000FF0' for Corcomp Diagnostics and Navarrone Disk Fixer loaders. (Thought I was in CPU instead of Grom.)

Corrected and fully working Classic99 zip is attached.

632k cart files.zip

Gazoo

• Like 4

Gazoo,

What did you finally end up with as the entire(s) in the .ini file? I seem to be missing something in the conversations.

[userCart0]

; *** 632k cart - works ***

name="632k cart"

rom0=G|6000|A000|MODS\9800g.BIN

rom1=G1|6000|A000|MODS\9804g.BIN

rom2=G2|6000|6000|MODS\9808g.BIN

rom3=3|0000|80000|MODS\BackwardsROM3.BIN

You may have to change the UserCart number if you already have entries in that area,

Just make it the next number. Call me and I'll walk you through if if you can't get it working. :)

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo
  • Like 1

Here is a rather strange request for a feature that I would like to see added to Classic99. On some of my computers the image is razor sharp, with well defined square pixels. On others the image is slightly fuzzy. This old laptop has a screen that is 768x1024 and it has that fuzzy image. Maybe I'm a little strange, but of all the image filtration schemes that Tursi has included, I prefer the fuzzy image to all others. The characters are softened up just enough so that the hard edges are gone and the image looks right to me. It reminds me of the actual image that a 4A gives on a composite monitor but is a bit sharper and has no artifacting. Am I the only one who feels this way? I suspect it wouldn't be hard to add an option for this - it must have something to to with a mismatch between the monitor resolution and the resolution output by Classic99.

There should be a font here on Atariage that allows us to type our forum posts in nice sharp 5x7 pixel letters! (hehe)

Maybe we can get them to add it. Of course, then the Commodore guys and the Atari guys and the Apple guys and the Sinclair guys will want theirs, and it all goes to hell at that point ;)

(I have not been successful in getting this or any other TI font to work in the Windows command line. Though Amiga Topaz works, so that has me mostly sated for a while.)

TI99Basic(font).zip

Few quick points before bed :)

You can put module files anywhere on your file system, just specify the full path in the ini. Relative paths work relative to how you start the app. "MODS" is just a suggestion.

Is the "TV Filter" not fuzzy in the right way?

I have neither the F18A nor the 9938 implemented, so switching between them is premature. ;)

Noting that the end user's F18A may be hardware configured to only allow 4 sprites on a line like the 9918A, turning off 'flicker' probably should still be associated with the necessary register writes to configure the F18A to allow all 32 sprites on the line.

Does anyone has studied and emulated the content of the last 5 bits of the status register of 9918A ?

According to some early tests the 9918A keeps counting the planes of displayed sprites and showing them in the last 5 bits of the status register while no 5th sprite condition occurs.

If 5th sprite condition occurs, the vdp sets the flag (bit 5), freezes the value of the last plane in overflow in the status register, but if you read it twice in the same raster scan, the second time you will get again the plane of the last displayed sprite.

Edited by artrag

[userCart0]

; *** 632k cart - works ***

name="632k cart"

rom0=G|6000|A000|MODS\9800g.BIN

rom1=G1|6000|A000|MODS\9804g.BIN

rom2=G2|6000|6000|MODS\9808g.BIN

rom3=3|0000|80000|MODS\BackwardsROM3.BIN

You may have to change the UserCart number if you already have entries in that area,

Just make it the next number. Call me and I'll walk you through if if you can't get it working. :)

Gazoo

AWESOME makes my gram packer load look useless :)