IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

• 2 weeks later...

Nonnerfication complete!

Errr.... Well almost ;). this is a gifeo of the sequence that appears when you start a new game. The final "act" of it is missing but its looking pretty sparkly now :D :-

post-21935-0-66888800-1401137301_thumb.gif <---- Click to animate

Unfortunately, the cut scenes are taking much longer than I originally thought :(. There are easily 60+ hours of coding and pixel work in this short animation sequence alone (its 2200+ lines of code too).

• Like 12

game is looking great and I'm sure we will all enjoy your efforts

Sorry, I wasn't complaining at the time its taken because its all fun hobby time stuff :D. Nonner always does more art assets than we need, so I like to use as many of them as possible.

Sorry, I wasn't complaining at the time its taken because its all fun hobby time stuff :D. Nonner always does more art assets than we need, so I like to use as many of them as possible.

I think its good to know how long things take. It allows people to appeciate it even more.

Sorry, sounds like its a problem I can fix.

I will happily send you white or grey squares and "sort of circles"...nuff said.

My favorite art in a game is the art from pong so...we can have many new versions of it..

Thank you for letting me know, I do go gung ho at times. This will give me a lot more time for yard work and other brain warping work around the house.

8p

• Like 1

Nonnerfication complete!

Errr.... Well almost ;). this is a gifeo of the sequence that appears when you start a new game. The final "act" of it is missing but its looking pretty sparkly now :D :-

attachicon.gifRocketeer_game_intro_26_05_14.gif <---- Click to animate

Unfortunately, the cut scenes are taking much longer than I originally thought :(. There are easily 60+ hours of coding and pixel work in this short animation sequence alone (its 2200+ lines of code too).

Wow! That's fantastic! :)

• Like 1

Sorry, sounds like its a problem I can fix.

I will happily send you white or grey squares and "sort of circles"...nuff said.

My favorite art in a game is the art from pong so...we can have many new versions of it..

Thank you for letting me know, I do go gung ho at times. This will give me a lot more time for yard work and other brain warping work around the house.

8p

I vote for white or grey squares and big pong-ish pixels all around. Who needs high end graphics? Pshaw! In my day, graphics were ONE bit, and we liked it that way! :P

• Like 2

I think its good to know how long things take. It allows people to appeciate it even more.

A good final product allows people to appreciate it more. Something that drags on well past expectations doesn't necessarily equate to it being good and appreciated.

Still wondering why payment was needed up front for something worked on during "fun hobby time"?

I have fun with it usually..when you start letting ideas go into the wild, they bring back friends. I'm always pushed to try to out do myself...Groovy knows took well.

If you ever saw how many versions..updates..tweeks and do what's went into the rocketeer title screen you'd shit a 5200 sideways. I was pushing GBee to his limit....I could feel the evil gaze every time he opened up my email. Sorry Buddy! You know I love ya.....to hate me.

Its interesting to say the least to see what GBee can do with either one of our ideas. And then seeing it turn into what we pictured. Its always evolving. And always nice to see something that seemed kinda pushing it too far work out just right. And its a ton of work on his end to get all this coded..if feel bad for Mark just typing away lines,lines and lines of matrixy codey stuff to just get changed the next day sometimes...ugh. Not my cup of tea since im more of a visual, hands on buildy type. I see a screen full of number and codes I just think my PC took a dump and reboot it.But on the flip side as some know art is super limitating on the intelli. And for someone like me who is at home on a Amiga or at least a Genny. Its not like I just draw something and send it to him. It like a puzzle of limited parts/tiles that I can use to create.

If any of you ever played COD black ops and tried to create a cool logo for yourself its kinda like that but way more limited to any cool shapes,color or ablitly to manipulate object. But if you get creative you can build some sweet images.

Here is a idea of what I'm talking about from COD.

Here I alinged,resized my shapes to make Spike from Cowboy Bebop. Like just his gun was made of 8 or nine different shapes or item all manipulated until I got the basic idea of a gun across. Took awhile but I was happy enough...

Here I changed the colors of the overlapping shapes to blend together and whala..its done.

I did more of these than play COD....too many to post. SOO much fun for me I gave up COD

Here are a few fun ones I did. I won't post ant too graphic ones...lol

Now if intelli was like COD I'd have a lot more fun....

But they are both a lot alike to me as a what shape can go where and how can I make this look like xxxx or xxxxx. Yeah its a pain but rewarding when done.

Its always a learning experience...the more we do the better things will get. I know that GBee can fly thru stuff...well flying isn't always fast ..due to fingers and keyboards having limitations, but he gets it going and just keeps making things more possible. And easier and faster every time we do something. He is amazing to work with. And a true master of photoshoping...I only wish to be as good as he is one day....or work on a Jaguar game where I can let the cheese really hit the fan.

And why do i go overboard with art assets. Because almost eversingle pixel or idea i think of, GBee almost always gets in the game. Thats why...if you dont try you never know...so Why not overkill and try blow up a programmer.....still trying.

• Like 6

A good final product allows people to appreciate it more. Something that drags on well past expectations doesn't necessarily equate to it being good and appreciated.

Still wondering why payment was needed up front for something worked on during "fun hobby time"?

I have a nasty drug habit...only way to keep my eyes on the screen during one of my visions is with a needle between my toes...

Or...

Maybe it has something to do with the fancy new cart hardware I seem to have seen Groovy working on and ordered to release the game on. The Bee4, or B3...

Hell I DONT know I DONT get a dime, just the pleasure to do the art and free drugs to keep me in the zone, and maybe a whipping here or there, so DONT listen to me...Ever...really.

• Like 1

I think nonner is highly allergic to bee stings, which is why he produced so many awesome artwork for Groovybee. :D

I really dig the animation sequence. I did draw and code animation effects for Computer Space and Text Adventure for Colecovision. It was fun to script out the animation sequence. I wanted the ending to be like Ninja Gaiden FMV style where the player threw a sword at the dragon's heart, then turning the dragon into dust. I was overcomplicated things for myself and I think I could do it with the space I have left, which may have been 3-4 KB. I wind up having the sword come from off screen from the bottom left corner to the dragon's head. Then the dragon venetian blinds red(filling the colortable with color red and black), and venetian blinds fade away. Computer Space, each UFOs in the deluxe version has their own animation death sequence.

I'm looking forward playing this game when you complete it.

• Like 1

I think nonner is highly allergic to bee stings, which is why he produced so many awesome artwork for Groovybee. :D

I really dig the animation sequence.

Thank you Kiwi.

And you are correct! I am highly allergic to bee stings.

And it is good motovation to put out quality stuff when Mr GBee is hovering over you shoulder with that deadly stinger glistening in the monitors ambient light. Soo creepy! Lol

• Like 1