IGNORED

Atari 800 - Best Game Pack : Releases

starwindz

Starwindz,

Was the Atari big in SK, were you an owner or did you come in via emulation..

No, Atari was not big in SK. Apple II was super big in SK. I had real Apple IIe and Atari 2600 compatible gaming machine, but I learned Atari 8bit via only emulation. :)

V1.1.3 has been released. Please update via online updater.

* V1.1.3 update (2014.07.08)
1. New games added(11 games):
- Apple Invaders, Aztec, Belljumper, Combat Leader,
Gunfighter, Labyrinth, Labyrinthe, Leader Board II,
Lord of the Orb, Lunar Lander, Spectipede

post-39035-0-29401100-1404832117_thumb.png

post-39035-0-50196500-1404832119_thumb.png

V1.1.4 has been released. Please update via online updater.

* V1.1.4 update (2014.07.10)

1. New games added(6 games):

- Kiki Pong, Lemmings, Mashed Turtles, Milk Nuts,

Munching Mandy, Oilgame Deluxe

2. Screenshot mismatch fixed: Belljumper

3. Feature added: Update history

post-39035-0-70659000-1404923683_thumb.png

post-39035-0-94337300-1404923685_thumb.png

Fantastic stuff, I've been out of the loop, but will be addressing this shortly...cracking work mate.

Idea: any chance of adding an Atari sap player and collection within the front-end? To play classic Atari music either by playlist or random while browsing the front end? This would be the icing on the cake, combining everything within the one great gamepack?, maybe people have already asked for this, so if so, sorry for double posting :)

Very nice. Very, very, nice. Just heard about this on some Atari podcast. I'm ashamed to say I don't know how I missed it on the front page! :?

Couple of comments,

I had to download the "patched" A8_New.zip to get it to work on my W7x64 Pro machine. Works great now!

On the frontend, the closure "X" in the upper right corner didn't work for me, I had to ATL-F4 to exit.

On your website you have a screenshot showing it running on Mac OSX, I'd love to be able to run this on my Macbook Pro also. I didn't notice any instructions on how to do that though.

Excellent work!

On your website you have a screenshot showing it running on Mac OSX, I'd love to be able to run this on my Macbook Pro also. I didn't notice any instructions on how to do that though.

The screenshots were uploaded by me, from my early Intel Mac mini running Mavericks. I'm using a commercial WINE derivative called Crossover http://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-mac/ which I received as part of a Mac OSX software bundle.

It has options to install Jet and MDAC which are required to run the Gamespack.

Using Crossover, installation is relatively simple. Create a "bottle" (It's based on WINE so "containers" are referred to as bottles) and install both Jet and MDAC from the add software menu. Open the C: drive on the bottle and copy in the folder containing the A8 front-end and associated files.

If you own a copy of Windows, I guess it would also run just fine through VirtualBox. Better yet, Bootcamp as the computer is working full-time in a single OS, rather than dividing it's time and resources between multiple systems.

Edited by UKRetrogamer

Idea: any chance of adding an Atari sap player and collection within the front-end? To play classic Atari music either by playlist or random while browsing the front end? This would be the icing on the cake, combining everything within the one great gamepack?, maybe people have already asked for this, so if so, sorry for double posting :)

Great and new idea! I will consider adding this feature to the next update. Thank you. :)

On the frontend, the closure "X" in the upper right corner didn't work for me, I had to ATL-F4 to exit.

It may be a front-end bug on some system. I'll check it out. Thank you for your comment. :)

Crossover is the best but it is a commercial software. So you can find some instruction on my blog to run the game pack on Mac OSX via free software, Wine.

Kinda hoping it was using the native Mac OSX Atari emulator.

I've got Bootcamp and VMware Fusion, I guess I'll go that route on that machine.

The front-end is a Windows-only program which calls Windows versions of the A8 emulators. It's not aware of the Mac OS operating system or any Mac emulators. Running it via WINE makes the system appear as a Windows machine to the program.

As with anything games-related or timing-critical, you may get better results running this under BootCamp rather than VMWare.

Might be a false positive but I wanted to mention that the "non-patched" version of 1.10 A8.exe was removed by Avast Antivirus as being infected with a banking trojan. The version of A8.exe that is downloaded seperate does not cause any alerts.

This is a different PC than I was working with earlier.

And on this PC the frontend's X closure gadget worked correctly.

Might be a false positive but I wanted to mention that the "non-patched" version of 1.10 A8.exe was removed by Avast Antivirus as being infected with a banking trojan. The version of A8.exe that is downloaded seperate does not cause any alerts.

This is a different PC than I was working with earlier.

And on this PC the frontend's X closure gadget worked correctly.

I am surprised at troyan-suspicion of non-patched a8.exe by Avast It must be a false positive since the only difference of patched and non-patched a8.exe is some source code for update file download. Non-patched version a8.exe uses TDownloadURL function which has some kind of compatibility issue. So I replaced that code to new one in patched a8.exe. :)

I have found 151 sap music files from 'Atari SAP Music Archive' which can be included in the next update of the game pack. :)

221B Baker Street

Abracadabra

Ali Baba And The Forty Thieves

Alley Cat

Archon II - Adept

Archon

Arex

Asteroids

Astro Chase

Balloonacy

Blue Max

Bomb Fusion

Boulder Dash II

Boulder Dash

Bristles

Bruce Lee

Canyon Climber

Capture The Flag

Carnival Massacre

Cavelord

Caverns of Khafka

Chopper Rescue

Claim Jumper

Clowns & Ballons

Commando

Conan

Dan Strikes Back

Decision In The Desert

Diamonds

Dimension X

Dog Daze Deluxe

Donkey Kong Jr

Donkey Kong

Dragonriders Of Pern

Drelbs

Drol

Easy Money

Eckn

Electrician

Elevator Repairman

Evader

Final Legacy

Flak

Flip and Flop

Floyd Of The Jungle (1982)

FREE - Funny Risky Evil Escape

Frogger

Gemstone Warrior

Getaway

Ghost Chaser

Ghost

Ghostbusters

Goonies, The

Gremlins (5200)

Groove

Gunfighter

Gyruss

Hans Kloss

HardBall

Heavy Metal

Hijack!

House of Usher

Hover Bovver

Hydraulik

Ice

Inferno

Into the Eagle's Nest

James Bond

Jawbreaker II

Jawbreaker

Jet Boot Jack

Jumpman Junior

Jumpman

Jungle Hunt

Kaiser

Kangaroo

Karateka

Keystone Kapers

Kissin' Kousins

Labyrinth

Last Starfighter, The

Last V8

Lawkeeper

Leaper

Leggit

Little Devil

Loco

Lords of Conquest

Los Angeles Swat

Mail Order Monsters

Mario Bros.

Master of the Lamps

Milk Race

Montezumas Revenge

Moon Patrol

Mountain King

Mouse Trap

Mr. Do!'s Castle

Mr. Do!

MULE

Munching Mandy

Murder On The Zinderneuf

Nadral

Necromancer

Nightmares

Olympic Skier

Operation Blood

Pac-Man

Pacific Coast Highway

Pengo

Phantom

Picnic Paranoia

Pie-Man

Pinhead

Pitfall II - Lost Caverns

Pogo Joe

Pole Position

Pooyan

Preppie II

Preppie

Pro Mountain Bike Simulator

Q-Bert

Quasimodo

Questron

Realm of Impossibility

Rent Wars

Return of Heracles, The

Seawolf II

Seven Cities Of Gold, The

Shamus - Case II

Shamus

Sky Blazer

Spare Change

Special Delivery

Spelunker

Spy Hunter

Spy's Demise

Star Raiders II

Star Wars

Starquake

Stealth

Tapper

Trailblazer

Vanguard (5200)

Whistler's Brother

X-8

Xevious

Zenji

Zeppelin

Zone X

Zorro

Edited by starwindz

Simply amazing work :) and so fast to implement it into the front end, kudo to you, and just another small suggestion to give the user the ability to switch the music option on or off if they choose too.

One other thing I think that should possible be in the front end would be some images of the 8-bit range (which I can supply, fully remastered etc) with a small history on them , possible extracts from Wikipedia page on the Atari 8-bit, it won't be allot, just a couple of pictures and maybe one or 2 Atari adverts etc..

Maybe somebody here could do the write up for it?, just idea.