IGNORED

New IDE/Compact Flash interface for ADAM

jblenkle

• 5 weeks later...

Wondering how many people would be interested in me posting image files of the new 100Mb Double CF Card that I have been configuring software on. I am done with all the ADAM software for now (still a lot more that I eventually want to get around to) and am in the process of adding all the rom images of CV games that are missing (about 90 or so).

BTW, for the $15 upgrade price if you own the 60Mb version already, this is the IDE & CF Card setup that you want! Goes without saying to purchase the 100Mb version if you don't own the 60Mb version already.

Wondering how many people would be interested in me posting image files of the new 100Mb Double CF Card that I have been configuring software on. I am done with all the ADAM software for now (still a lot more that I eventually want to get around to) and am in the process of adding all the rom images of CV games that are missing (about 90 or so).

BTW, for the $15 upgrade price if you own the 60Mb version already, this is the IDE & CF Card setup that you want! Goes without saying to purchase the 100Mb version if you don't own the 60Mb version already.

Heck yes, Jim. POST IT, then maybe I can upgrade the 100mb setup to include even more stuff when sold! :twisted:

• Like 1

Just to clarify, does this have more stuff than the upgrade I already received? In other words, when you post this, will I want to update my CF card?

Aside from missing a number of software titles that I had previously setup on the 60Mb version and made available for download, I have added a couple game titles and then I am adding all the 1980's cartridges (released and unreleased) and will leave at least one extra partition/volume available for adding Homebrew roms. Also, I have organized all the productivity software on CF Card #1 and all the entertainment software on CF Card #2. So to make a long story short, everything that was originally included on both CF Cards will still be there, just a lot more added and organized to my liking. I will probably sort through all the SmartBASIC P.D. software and make a volume just for all the best programs as well instead of putting this off as I had planned. One of these days I'll get around to the CP/M and T-DOS stuff.

I'll take requests as well if there is an ADAM software title that you or anyone else would like me to attempt to setup. Unfortunately there are a good number of programs that will never be compatible (the Super Games, some of the best 3rd Party software by Walters Software, etc.), but it doesn't hurt to ask and I have no problem testing things out.

You have to have a CF Card Reader on your Windows based computer and then download the HDDRaw program and CF Card image file that I provided earlier in this thread. BTW, this image file is for the 60Mb version that Bob released a couple years ago as I am not done adding software to the newly released 100Mb Double CF Card... although I should be done pretty soon. This new 100mb version is the way to go especially since it's only a $15 upgrade.

You have to have a CF Card Reader on your Windows based computer and then download the HDDRaw program and CF Card image file that I provided earlier in this thread. BTW, this image file is for the 60Mb version that Bob released a couple years ago as I am not done adding software to the newly released 100Mb Double CF Card... although I should be done pretty soon. This new 100mb version is the way to go especially since it's only a $15 upgrade.

I found the post with the tools thanks. Are you sawing for $15 I can upgrade my existing CFI?

thanks,

Charles

I found the post with the tools thanks. Are you sawing for $15 I can upgrade my existing CFI?

thanks,

Charles

YES! For $15 plus shipping you get a new CF Adapter that accepts two CF Cards, two CF Cards and a CD with instructions, backup software and image files for restoring the CF Cards if something were to happen to them. Everything that is needed, you already have from the purchase of the 60Mb version.

With this new setup you get 40 E.O.S. partitions of 2Mb each versus only 10 E.O.S. partitions of 3Mb each as well as the normal 4 T-DOS partitions. Having 40 E.O.S. partitions is a huge improvement and the smaller partition size of 2Mb means a lot less wasted space since the number of files that can be placed on any size E.O.S. partition is 233 (a limitation of the ADAM E.O.S., not this IDE/CF setup).

YES! For $15 plus shipping you get a new CF Adapter that accepts two CF Cards, two CF Cards and a CD with instructions, backup software and image files for restoring the CF Cards if something were to happen to them. Everything that is needed, you already have from the purchase of the 60Mb version.

With this new setup you get 40 E.O.S. partitions of 2Mb each versus only 10 E.O.S. partitions of 3Mb each as well as the normal 4 T-DOS partitions. Having 40 E.O.S. partitions is a huge improvement and the smaller partition size of 2Mb means a lot less wasted space since the number of files that can be placed on any size E.O.S. partition is 233 (a limitation of the ADAM E.O.S., not this IDE/CF setup).

Awesome, that sounds like what I should do. I bought mine back in 2009 from Bob when I found out the one I bought from Adam's House had a bad GAL chip.

Awesome, that sounds like what I should do. I bought mine back in 2009 from Bob when I found out the one I bought from Adam's House had a bad GAL chip.

Ya, I think you should do it too! :grin: It is actually a great upgrade; AND ! if you want that MI ide card from ADAM's House to work, I can get you the gal to plug into it. The Microfox gal will work with all the older Micro Innovations cards. Then you would have TWO ide cards and TWO compete systems

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick heads-up that I am wrapping things up as far as adding software to the 100Mb Double CF Card setup (have to put some detailed instructions together which is always the fun part), so if there is a particular program you would like me to include, please let me know ASAP. Once everything is completed, I will post the CF CArd Image Files to MediaFire and provide the links here.

• 3 weeks later...

Here it is folks, my backup image files for use with the recently released MicroFox Technologies Double-Sided 100Mb Compact Flash Adapter and Cards. You CAN NOT use these image files with the old/original 60Mb version released by MicroFox a couple years ago, but you can overwrite that version's ADAM 60Mb CF Card with one of these new image files and then use with the Double CF Card Adapter.

Everything that was originally supplied by MicroFox Technologies (ADAMcon) is still included with my image backup files, so don't worry about losing anything unless you have added more software yourself. The Windows compatible program HDDRawCopy v1.02 was used to make these image files and should be used to restore them to your CF Cards... it was included on the CD supplied by MicroFox and is linked below for your convenience.

The documentation file that I am working on is a W.I.P. and still needs considerable additions, but it should make things much easier in using the included software in the meantime along with what was supplied by MicroFox. I have not tested each and every SmartBASIC game on "CF Card #01 - Partition #13" nor have I tested ever cartridge rom image on CF Card #02, but where I have found issues, they are noted. Please provide any issues you may find in using the included software in this thread.

Here is the software lineup:

CF Card #01

Part. #00: HardDrive, SmartBASIC, File Manager, ADAMLink, ADAMLink II, SmartFILER, RecipeFILER, AddressBook FILER, numerous BOOT files.

Part. #01: RecipeFILER

Part. #02: SmartFILER

Part. #03: AddressBook FILER

Part. #04: ADAMCalc

Part. #05: Electronic Flashcard Maker

Part. #06: SmartLETTERS & Forms

Part. #07: MacADAM

Part. #08: ADAM Home Software Library

Part. #09: SimpleCALC

Part. #10: Tax Planner

Part. #11: Coleco Graphics Processor

Part. #12: SmartLOGO

Part. #13: SmartBASIC Games (1.5Mb worth of games)

Part. #14 thru #17: empty

Part. #18: PowerPAINT

Part. #19: VideoTunes

CF Card #02

Part. #00: HardDrive, SmartBASIC, File Manager, numerous BOOT files.

Part. #01: 76 CopyCart rom images

Part. #02: 75 CopyCart rom images

Part. #03: 57 CopyCart rom images

Part. #04: CopyCart volume - no rom images

Part. #05: empty

Part. #06: Electronic Game Pack I

Part. #07: Mind Over ADAM

Part. #08: Lab Mouse

Part. #09: Modem Chess & Modem Tank

Part. #10: Cosmo Fighter: The Super Game

Part. #11: ADAM Bomb 2 (req. Memory Expander)

Part. #12: MicroChip

Part. #13: Dragon: The Chinese Challenge

Part. #14: ADAM Link Golf & Link Builder

Part. #15: Addictus

Part. #16: Mage Quest

Part. #17: Temple of the Snow Dragon

Part. #18: The Abominable Snowman

Part. #19: Klondike

Link to file stored on MediaFire:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6s3nch3wo76c9em/NIAD_Double_Sided_100Mb_CF_Card_Image_Files_and_Docs.zip

Link to HDDRawCopy v1.02:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tst7yf18w237ew6/HDDRawCopy1.02Setup.exe

• Like 2

I just received updated versions of my CF Card image files that I posted yesterday from Doug S. My image files were each 128Mb in size (uncompressed) and the updated versions Doug sent me are 64Mb in size. Here is the explanation he provided:

Depending on compact flash size (not all 128mb are the same) this may work better for users.

I have uploaded these new files to the same file sharer and here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3takihka2evdmi2/updated_-_NIAD_Double_Sided_100Mb_CF_Card_Images_2014-06-16.zip

Again, please let me know here in this thread if you have any issues in downloading or using these image files or the ADAM software contained on them.

• Like 1

Please ignore all links provided in previous posts to for the 60Mb Single CF Card RAW Image File, 100Mb Dual CF Card RAW Image File and HDDRawCopy v1.02 as I accidentally deleted them when cleaning up the files I have stored on the file sharer.

The 60Mb and 100Mb image files can also be used with the updated ADAMem DOS and ADAMem SDL emulators that Doug Slopsema and Geoff Oltmans have been working on and you can find their downloads in another thread. I have only tested Doug's version of ADAMem DOS (know v1.81) and it works great with these CF Card image files.

Here are all the file links once again:

60Mb Single CF Card RAW Image File for the original 60Mb IDE Package released in 2012 by MicroFox Technologies:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wmujqcjqq2fq0j8/60Mb_Single_CF_Card_RAW_Image_Backup_by_NIAD.zip

100Mb Dual CF Card RAW Image File for the new 100Mb IDE Package released in 2014 by MicroFox Technologies:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d37v1xs0f5vx12j/100Mb_Dual_CF_Card_RAW_Image_Backup_by_NIAD.zip

HDD Raw Copy v1.02 - Windows based program for working with the RAW Image Files:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tst7yf18w237ew6/HDDRawCopy1.02Setup.exe

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here is the latest version (2.0) of my backup image files for use with the recently released MicroFox Technologies Dual 100Mb Compact Flash Adapter and Cards. You CAN NOT use these image files with the old/original 60Mb version released by MicroFox a couple years ago, but you can overwrite that version's ADAM 60Mb CF Card with one of these new image files and then use with the Dual CF Card Adapter.

New additions include RoboThief, BrainStorm, Phraze Craze and a "working" rom image of Sector Alpha. RoboThief is another game developed by Steve Pitman and without a doubt, probably one of the hadest games that I have ever played... you'll definetly want to check this one out. BrainStorm is another Steve Pitman game that is a clone of Tetris, but also includes some new twists inspired by Hangman. Phrase Craze by Reedy Software is the ADAM's version of Wheel of Fortune.

Everything that was originally supplied by MicroFox Technologies (ADAMcon) is still included with my image backup files, so don't worry about losing anything unless you have added more software yourself. The Windows compatible program HDDRawCopy v1.02 was used to make these image files and should be used to restore them to your CF Cards... it was included on the CD supplied by MicroFox and is linked below for your convenience.

The documentation file that I am working on is still a W.I.P. and needs considerable additions, but it should make things much easier in using the included software in the meantime along with what was supplied by MicroFox. I have not tested each and every SmartBASIC game on "CF Card #01 - Partition #13" nor have I tested ever cartridge rom image on CF Card #02, but where I have found issues, they are noted. Please provide any issues you may find in using the included software in this thread.

Instructions for some of the programs are included in SmartWRITER word processor files, while others are included in-game and yet others do not have any documention. If you need help with a certain program, you could always read thru the NIAD Newsletters available on Joe B's website in PDF format.

Here is the software lineup:

CF Card #01

Part. #00: HardDrive, SmartBASIC, File Manager, ADAMLink, ADAMLink II, SmartFILER, RecipeFILER, AddressBook FILER, numerous BOOT files.

Part. #01: RecipeFILER

Part. #02: SmartFILER

Part. #03: AddressBook FILER

Part. #04: ADAMCalc

Part. #05: Electronic Flashcard Maker

Part. #06: SmartLETTERS & Forms

Part. #07: MacADAM

Part. #08: ADAM Home Software Library

Part. #09: SimpleCALC

Part. #10: Tax Planner

Part. #11: Coleco Graphics Processor

Part. #12: SmartLOGO

Part. #13: SmartBASIC Games (1.5Mb worth of games)

Part. #14 thru #17: empty

Part. #18: PowerPAINT

Part. #19: VideoTunes

CF Card #02

Part. #00: HardDrive, SmartBASIC, File Manager, numerous BOOT files.

Part. #01: 76 CopyCart rom images

Part. #02: 75 CopyCart rom images

Part. #03: 57 CopyCart rom images

Part. #04: RoboThief

Part. #05: BrainStorm

Part. #06: Electronic Game Pack I

Part. #07: Mind Over ADAM

Part. #08: Lab Mouse

Part. #09: Modem Chess, Modem Tank, Cosmo Fighter: The Super Game

Part. #10: Phrase Craze

Part. #11: ADAM Bomb 2 (req. Memory Expander)

Part. #12: MicroChip

Part. #13: Dragon: The Chinese Challenge

Part. #14: ADAM Link Golf & Link Builder

Part. #15: Addictus

Part. #16: Mage Quest

Part. #17: Temple of the Snow Dragon

Part. #18: The Abominable Snowman

Part. #19: Klondike

Dual CF Card Backup Images: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9go6e6g1v27w2yc/v2.0_-_Dual_100Mb_CF_Card_RAW_Image_Backups_by_NIAD.zip

HDDRawCopy v1.02: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tst7yf18w237ew6/HDDRawCopy1.02Setup.exe

My huge CV & ADAM ROM, DDP and DISK IMAGE collection: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bfu78g7x1bno1ci/ADAM_Software_-_E.O.S._&_CP-M.zip

post-25956-0-48616300-1407082665_thumb.png

post-25956-0-46436000-1407082670_thumb.png

post-25956-0-01900800-1407082675_thumb.png

post-25956-0-17568100-1407082680_thumb.png

post-25956-0-59476800-1407082684_thumb.png

post-25956-0-21322000-1407082689_thumb.png

post-25956-0-68673800-1407082693_thumb.png

post-25956-0-82334500-1407082698_thumb.png

post-25956-0-70724300-1407082703_thumb.png

post-25956-0-93614400-1407082707_thumb.png

post-25956-0-76487900-1407082712_thumb.png

post-25956-0-02311600-1407082717_thumb.png

• Like 2

Hello.

I downloaded the files from your link River Patroller, but a little uncertain of what I found. Why are the image files named CF Card #01 (60) twice and CF Card #02 (40) twice? I noticed the byte size is different. Should I assume the larger are for the MicroFox Technologies Dual 100Mb Compact Flash Adapter and the smaller image files are for the 60Mb CF adapter?

Thanks

"River Patroller" is just a name that is given to AA users dependent on their post count, my AA name is NIAD. :)

All the Image Files you just downloaded from message post #166 are for use only with the MicroFox Technologies DUAL 100Mb IDE Adapter that comes with 2 CF Cards. They can also be used with the latest version of ADAMem DOS and ADAMem SDL (v1.81 me thinks), but that is another story all together.

The reason for the two different sets of files is due to the fact that not all CF Cards are created equally as was explained to me by Doug Slopsema (MicroFox Technologies) and I have included the ORIGINAL backup images (both 128Mb in size) that were made with HDDRawCopy as well as the RESIZED backup images (both 64Mb in size) that I made by chopping off the extra portion of the ORIGINAL backup images. You should use the RESIZED backup images that are 64Mb in size when restoring back to your CF Cards to use on a real ADAM as well as when using with the ADAMem emulator. I included both sets just in case any issues developed from my resizing the backup images from 128Mb down to 64Mb.

Again, the links provided in message post #166 are for use only with the Dual 100Mb CF Cards and Adapter that was released just a couple months ago.

If you have the Single IDE Adapter with one 60Mb CF Card that was released in 2012, you will want to use the backup image file linked in message post #165 and again here to try to avoid any confusion:

60Mb Single CF Card RAW Image File for the original 60Mb IDE Package released in 2012 by MicroFox Technologies:

http://www.mediafire...kup_by_NIAD.zip

Hi NIAD... I just got my dual-card from Bob today. I'm tempted to get the new software from you, but I'm scared of screwing up what is working now ! :)

I guess my next step is figuring out how to get MBASIC and Turbo Pascal onto the TDOS partitions, without a floppy drive.

Hi NIAD... I just got my dual-card from Bob today. I'm tempted to get the new software from you, but I'm scared of screwing up what is working now ! :)

I guess my next step is figuring out how to get MBASIC and Turbo Pascal onto the TDOS partitions, without a floppy drive.

Everything that is supplied on the CF Cards from Adamcon is still there with my setup, there's just a whole lot more and I organized things a little differently. Besides that, on the CD that Adamcon supplies with the IDE setup, he has backup images in case you want to return to the original configuration.

It only takes a couple minutes to write the image files to their respective CF Cards with HDDRawCopy, but if you are not comfortable doing this, then by all means hold off until you get more comfortable with everything.

Without a disk drive, you'll need someone to supply those programming language on DDP for you to copy onto one of the T-DOS volukes.

• 1 month later...

Hi.. got the IDE images running on the latest Adam SDL 1.81 but I'm a little confused about how to get some of the stuff to run.

I can, for example get smartbasic to load... but I'm not sure about things like "CopyCart rom image files" or the aforementioned Robot Thief or to access any smartbasic programs/games that may be on the partition.

I'm a bit of an Adam newb in that regards.

Thanks

Read the TEXT file I included for some much needed tips.

In order to load most programs, you need to set the partition the program resides on in the HDD Menu program. Then choose to boot software and a menu of boot files will be displayed from which you need to select the appropriate boot file that corresponds to the partition/program you set in the first menu.