IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

My last 4 Ink jets all died. I have to say they suck compared to a Lazer Jet.

Any model that does not put the Jet in the Cartridge and is replaceable is crap and will go dead quickly.

That is one of the reasons I like the Pro series HPs. The heads are replaceable, and I just replaced mine after four years. Not bad, considering.

Just got a Brother HL2270W black&white laser printer and am quite happy with it. $80 delivered to my door. The HL2280 has a built in scanner and they go for about $130. This printer is highly rated, has a very low per page cost, and it is linux friendly. I figure on keeping my Canon inkjet printer for photos and other things that require color.

Just got a Brother HL2270W black&white laser printer and am quite happy with it. $80 delivered to my door. The HL2280 has a built in scanner and they go for about $130. This printer is highly rated, has a very low per page cost, and it is linux friendly. I figure on keeping my Canon inkjet printer for photos and other things that require color.

I will give the Brothers their due. At least in recent years, they have been rock-solid for stand-alone machines or on a small network of a few stand-alone computers (non-Windows domain.) But in a Windows Server-based environment, especially for Terminal Services/Remote Desktop Services, these things are more miss than hit, mostly because of really crappy drivers.

Well they say one of the definitions of insanity is doing the same thing over an over again and expecting a different result.

Well, with all the money I've dropped lately, I just cannot afford a good quality laser printer at this time. So tomorrow I'm going to do the insane thing and pick up an Epson WF-3640. Sad thing is, I'll be spending almost as much on ink tomorrow as on the printer, but it's a BUTT LOAD LESS than I'd be forking over on toner cartridges. For all I know the cheap ink I started using is what killed the print head on my current unit.

epson_workforce_wf_3640_head-on_trays_cl

I promised Epson I would never buy another of their products after using my current Epson printer for about six months. It's not a laser, and the thing has some sort of firmware to cut printing when the ink is not even dry.

I'll never buy another HP Ink jet.

I'll have to find some good TI documentation to print out before I swap them out. I have a brand new black 200XL cartridge in the printer and I don't want to waste the ink. Any suggestions?

Get a download manager that opens up multiple connections to the file at once, provided their system allows that.

I use Jdownloader, which is javascript based.

On a good Cable internet day, I have gotten 10 mB/s downloading vids from Youtube, as I had 11 connections open to the file at the same time.

http://jdownloader.org/

OK, EDIT that. I tried with jdownloader, it doesn't work due to security from epson website. Manually It said less thaqn 3 minutes to go from the start so

You must of had a crappy connection to their website, or their website was rubbish at the time.

Edited by Imperious

Get a download manager that opens up multiple connections to the file at once, provided their system allows that.

I use Jdownloader, which is javascript based.

On a good Cable internet day, I have gotten 10 mB/s downloading vids from Youtube, as I had 11 connections open to the file at the same time.

http://jdownloader.org/

OK, EDIT that. I tried with jdownloader, it doesn't work due to security from epson website. Manually It said less thaqn 3 minutes to go from the start so

You must of had a crappy connection to their website, or their website was rubbish at the time.

Their HTML pages work, obviously selling their crap is the priority, but their support downloads S U C K !

This is my second day of trying to get that file. After 15 minutes it self ABORTED at 3.8 of 215 MB. (That's the farthest I've ever gotten).

I actually tried to download the file. It is humming along slowly for the first 6-7 minutes, and then it goes dead stop, probably until the connection times out, which is why you lost it when you did. I am at 3.4MB, but it still hasn't disconnected me. . .after 5 minutes of absolutely no movement.

I actually tried to download the file. It is humming along slowly for the first 6-7 minutes, and then it goes dead stop, probably until the connection times out, which is why you lost it when you did. I am at 3.4MB, but it still hasn't disconnected me. . .after 5 minutes of absolutely no movement.

Thanks for trying. Yeah, their website does not do much to engender customer confidence or 'brand loyalty'. I sent their webmaster an email, somehow I doubt it'll accomplish much.

My second try made it to 5.4 MB before it choked (it is still in a holding pattern). I'm going to let it run to see what happens this time. . .

GOOD LUCK! :)

I had yesterday off, so I was able to try less than 40 times (yeah I can be stubborn). I have to leave for work in a couple of hours so I'll have to stop trying. Sigh, I had a couple of projects I really needed to get done too.

https://ftp.epson.com/drivers/epson15405.exe

Holy crap. Even with 10 connections I am only getting 10k/s.

Yeah, that Epson site SUX a big fat one! I got so tired of messing with it that I took one of my old computers out of mothballs, hooked it up, added the old boxes CD as a network drive and installed it that way. What a pain in the butt, but at least it worked. I'll still eventually have to get that program for backup purposes, but for now I'm good. Thanks for trying! :)

Not a fan of Dell, but...

I bought a Dell Color Laser 3010cn back in 2007. I don't use my printer enough, so the ink jets dry out.. Toner as also very cheap, when you consider how many sheets you get out of it.

I have only printed 1,655 sheets on it, so it is still on the original toner.

Ink was the whole reason why I went to laser. I hated never having good cartridges when I needed them.