IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

Two things: in 2001 I suspect Joy Electronics was trying to liquidate a bunch of stock that was not moving well, and today there are people who think stuff is more valuable than it is, both sellers and buyers. But remember that something is worth what someone will pay for it. I have lamented collectors for a long time in numerous forums and venues: while I may technically be considered a collector at this point in time, I actually buy things to use and do not have exceptionally deep pockets, as opposed to those whose intention is to test and put away for future value or to "catch 'em all." (I have to admit some guilt in encouraging that... recently I won a couple of cartridges from what would be a larger set of similar carts and I offered to give them up to the other buyer just to keep them all together.)

While it is my intention to acquire items to ensure their preservation, I will be putting them to use. I do not see items I purchase as a long-term, let alone short-term, investment, so my risk-to-return evaluation is low. Collectors who feel that grabbing a super-dooper rare item and putting it away forever is doing the community a favor, the exact opposite is true. Fortunately, the majority of the collectors in our community actually purchase, use, learn, and share with the community, so even if a rare item gets picked up by one of them for a price some will consider ridiculous, there is a high likelihood that device will be dissected and thoroughly analyzed.

Should I ever turn up with a really unique item I would be happy to offer it up for analysis, so long as I get to use it once that is done. Anyway, it is 3am and I am pretty much rambling. Anyone know the SNMP OID to query EnGenius wireless access points for the number of associated wireless clients? I have been reading through MIBs for the past 80 minutes and I am going blind...

• Like 1

I picked up an iCade Core (Bluetooth arcade controller) this week. I have several emulators on my TouchPad and with the iCade these things are excellent. I have been playing a lot of ColecoVision games in MSX.emu and pondering both wistfully and intently. I am about to play City Connection in the NES.emu.

The guy who wrote these emulators also produces them for i-devices and Android. Whatever your device, I can absolutely recommend this controller. The directional pad has no constraints so you will need to get your positioning right (makes play difficult at first until you get used to it.) You can pick them up for around $20.

If you really want to spice up your retro emulation gaming and have an iPad you can get the full wooden iCade for $70-$100 or an iCade Jr. for the iPhone/iPod Touch, both of which look like a miniature arcade cabinet. The $20-ish Core is far more practical for me.

All I need now is a WebOS version of MAME with iCade compatibility! (I have ACL for WebOS so I can run Android 2.2 apps, for which MAME is available, but it is not working for me, yet...)

Edited by OLD CS1

Well, perhaps there will be a Sabre Wulf cartridge at some point. Got them for $1 each.

Nice deal. Looks like you will be getting a lot of personal financial assistance with that lot. I am watching a lot with some Asgard titles... probably going to have to kill someone for it -- I am tried of missing out on these.

Hi.

I'm looking for a TI brand RS232 card for my PEB. I finally managed to destroy the parallel port on mine with my crazy interfacing projects :P The Myarc and Corcomp brands won't work because they do not fully adhere to the standard low level access.

Please PM me if you happen to have one for sale.

My newly purchased collection of rare cartridges. You will kill to get your hands on these babies!

attachicon.gifDSCF3129.JPG

I had ever single one of those at one time and a milk crate full of others.

Gave all away after I got my GRAMULATOR as GRAM Files took up so much less space.

Well also I could switch carts much faster then searching for it.

Edited by RXB

Hi.

I'm looking for a TI brand RS232 card for my PEB. I finally managed to destroy the parallel port on mine with my crazy interfacing projects :P The Myarc and Corcomp brands won't work because they do not fully adhere to the standard low level access.

Please PM me if you happen to have one for sale.

It's probably only a blown buffer or something. Could get it back up again for pennies!

It's probably only a blown buffer or something. Could get it back up again for pennies!

What happened was that I could no longer print to PIO, but surprisingly the low level access via direct CRU manipulation was still working fine. I was kind of puzzled by that. At about the same time the problem happened (I had foolishly unplugged the parallel experimental interface cable and plugged in the printer cable while the PEB was powered), my IDE card disk partitions also got partially corrupted.

Last night, I restored the IDE drives and low and behold PIO started working again! I have no idea why the 2 are related, but I've got my card functionality back :) That was my HDX card as well, so it would have been a royal pain to replace.