IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

I've received one of the signs here, and they are very nice! Not quite sure how to hang it though... any suggestions? I was considering crazy gluing some kind of hook on the back, but if it falls, it's going to hurt whatever it lands on ;)

Try those "Command" strips, they are like double back tape, but they don't leave a nasty mess when you want to remove them.

Image.jpg

I am certain by now everyone has heard of or seen the Atari Flashback consoles (which all sucked up until Flashback 4, though even this one has replaced the original 2600 Space Invaders with the advanced version.) I even have a couple of the Sega Genesis consoles which use the TERRIBLE FireCore (IIRC) emulation engine (I cannot play Skitchin', amongst other favorite games.)

Now there is this: the ColecoVision Flashback.

I am curious about how well the system is emulated, in particular the VDP, and by what engine. Anyone seen this, yet?

• Like 1

Coo. Has 60 games built in too! No point in doing such a thing for the TI, as, to be honest, you'd struggle to find 60 games worthy of including! I mean, after Parsec and Alpiner, and Barrage, Space Ace, TI Invaders... well, now I'm struggling... :_(

Let me help-Zero Zap, ohh I see what you mean.

Out of the 165 cartridges in my collection (and I am certain someone here has plenty more,) I am not certain I can come up with 60 games, period. But I would say all of the AtariSoft, DataBioTics, Asgard, Parker Brothers, Romox, and Funware titles would be a start. Granted, not classic TI games. :) How many games are in the Gazoo collections?

All the Atarisoft games, except Pole Position, which sucks the root.

There. Fixed that for ya :grin:

Out of the 165 cartridges in my collection (and I am certain someone here has plenty more,) I am not certain I can come up with 60 games, period. But I would say all of the AtariSoft, DataBioTics, Asgard, Parker Brothers, Romox, and Funware titles would be a start. Granted, not classic TI games. :) How many games are in the Gazoo collections?

Regarding the Myarc EXPMEM-1. Does anyone know of a modified DSR which eliminates the print spooler and frees up ALL non-32k RAM for RAM disk use? In a 512k unit, 32k is reserved for the 32k expansion, the RAM disk is limited to 400k, and the rest is used for print spooling. But since I will not be using a printer with the TI* freeing up the extra RAM would be lovely.

* Though, now I think of it, the PEB does sit above a LaserJet 4050DTN which has a parallel port...

Edited by OLD CS1

The Commodore 1571, the Atari XF551, and a "Happy" Atari 1050 can read IBM-formated MFM disks, using the WD1772 in the 1571 and XF551, and WD2793 in the 1050. Is it possible to read or write TI disks with these drives? At least in theory?

Edited by OLD CS1

• 2 weeks later...

Another user posed a message today about something 'while lurking'. I came back a few hours later and noticed that the thread had received 75 'reads' with only one reply. Now this got me thinking, about how many so-called 'lurker's' are out there on a daily basis peeking in, but not participating. Does anyone really have a clue?