IGNORED

Lynx Multi Cart

SainT

I've ordered the bits I need from digikey for a few prototype boards. Should get those in a couple of days, then I'll test that all the components actually match my PCB footprints, if so it's time to order some PCB's. Getting close to actually getting some hardware built... ;-)

• Like 7

Well, this topic has largely turned into a pre-order list. :)

Once I have something working that I am happy to sell I'll start a proper list, though. Until I have a final price and a working unit there's not much point in taking proper pre-orders. Once it's down to actually how quick I can manufacture the things, then it makes sense. :D

The PCB's shipped today, so I will hopefully have them in a week or so. Airmail from China can be a bit hit and miss on duration though...

• Like 1

Well, this topic has largely turned into a pre-order list. :)

Once I have something working that I am happy to sell I'll start a proper list, though. Until I have a final price and a working unit there's not much point in taking proper pre-orders. Once it's down to actually how quick I can manufacture the things, then it makes sense. :D

The PCB's shipped today, so I will hopefully have them in a week or so. Airmail from China can be a bit hit and miss on duration though...

Yay! All sounds too good to be true!!!

Not that the HDMI out ever got finished, mind you... :) I will return to it one day, though, I stopped working on that because I was in a bit over my head when it came to layout for the FPGA and the LVDS out I was using isn't technically compatible with HDMI... although it did work! I have quite a lot more experience with that sort of thing now, though, so it's looking a lot more doable.

I've also been looking at how to do an LCD board for the lynx. I'm not as quick at stuff as candle, but I'm tenacious and normally get the job done when I make my mind up to do something... :D

But first some carts! The boards shed be here soon.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 6

They came out nice! Impressed with the quality. Just building myself a 'manual pick and place' machine (like this: http://vpapanik.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/low-budget-manual-pick-place.html) as my hands are just not steady enough to place the components with tweezers. Mostly done, just need to build the vacuum pen part...

post-37728-0-57420700-1412502463_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

That looks sweet! LOL @ making your own pick and place machine in the middle of this project. Just wondering what's next - "Guys, I've got my pick and place machine working, I am now going to build my own autonomous robot which can go and collect the post, open it and feed the component reels into the pick and place machine at the relevant time, as well as bringing me a cooked breakfast in between". =D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just not had the time to sort out my pick n place tool, so I've done a board the old fashioned way with tweezers and a reflow gun. Was easier than I'd expected, seems to have come out ok after sorting a couple of solder bridges. Not going to get a chance to see if I my soldering is ok until tomorrow evening now. But this is what the finished units are roughly going to look like...

post-37728-0-39345500-1413843885_thumb.jpg

Edited by SainT
  • Like 11