IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Here is a fantastic opportunity to get a "R5" rare cartridge for the suggested price of just $500!

Princess and Frog on eBay

Note that it is untested, but the seller generously offers that he will test the cartridge for a nominal fee.

Good luck!

A prime example that people who have serious mental health issues should NOT be let loose on Ebay.

SCSI to IDE adapter. This is about the best deal you'll be able to find on these.

Well, that is nice and all, but when $106.98 is only 1/3 of the required parts, I'll have to pass. I'll just have to make do with my HDX & HxC until someone comes out with a SSHD on a single card. I do have faith that it'll happen in the next 2-3 years. And when it does, I'll gladly pay $100.00 for it.

Besides, I'm still waiting to get, the keyboard modification, a P-GRAM card and see what happens with Greg's speech in the P-Box interface.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads-up. None of my Amigas are narrow SCSI, anymore, BUT that might be useful for me elsewhere. Since I have a SCSI card in my PEB I might could use it there.

Above was a "Princess and Frog" cartridge for $500 - THAT WAS A BARGAIN!!! :(

It gets worse: the Infocom adventure "Leather Goddesses of Phobos" no cartridge, just a disk with manuals at EUR 480 (approx. $600)! :?

Anybody crazy enough to buy this????

http://www.ebay.de/itm/LEATHER-GODDESSES-OF-PHOBOS-Infocom-TI-994A-9640-DISK-OVPBAGGIE-english-/261680015506

Above was a "Princess and Frog" cartridge for $500 - THAT WAS A BARGAIN!!! :(

It gets worse: the Infocom adventure "Leather Goddesses of Phobos" no cartridge, just a disk with manuals at EUR 480 (approx. $600)! :?

Anybody crazy enough to buy this????

http://www.ebay.de/itm/LEATHER-GODDESSES-OF-PHOBOS-Infocom-TI-994A-9640-DISK-OVPBAGGIE-english-/261680015506

It's not even an original package!!

Actually, that looks like it may be an Asgard release from the Harry Brashear era. I know that when Chris Bobbitt ran Asgard, the agreement between Asgard and Infocom was that it was OK to sell TI versions of the software, so long as it was in original Infocom packaging. He bought a few cases of software from them (pretty much the last of their warehouse stock for those titles) and reformatted the disks to put the TI version on them. I helped him do that, as I was visiting his house that weekend. I have one of the three copies of Leather Goddesses that was in those boxes--Chris had one more, and Jim Horn had the last one.

Saddened to find out today that Harry Brashear passed away September 13.

http://www.rutland-corwin.com/fh/home/home.cfm?&fh_id=10828

He was a big time TI99 enthusiast back in the day.

Oh.... No.... -- That is horrible news.... -- We should at least spend a week posting all the best of his efforts to support the TI99.

Actually, that looks like it may be an Asgard release from the Harry Brashear era. I know that when Chris Bobbitt ran Asgard, the agreement between Asgard and Infocom was that it was OK to sell TI versions of the software, so long as it was in original Infocom packaging. He bought a few cases of software from them (pretty much the last of their warehouse stock for those titles) and reformatted the disks to put the TI version on them. I helped him do that, as I was visiting his house that weekend. I have one of the three copies of Leather Goddesses that was in those boxes--Chris had one more, and Jim Horn had the last one.

I recall the original packaging agreement hence my comment. If I understand correctly, this later release package may have been created without Infocom's agreement in effect.