IGNORED

Extended Basic v2.7 Suite Cartridge

Gazoo

Hey... I was the "man in black" who purchased a cart right after your demo in Evanston...

I was wondering is the ATMega chip providing the GROM and the 49f040 the ROM?

Is it possible to flash another 49f040 chip to use the other multi-game carts posted here?

Yes but It's easier to buy the 512k board here: http://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?page_id=11#!/PCB-Fetzner-512k-ROM-cartridge-board-bare/p/41732655/category=5051340

And use a 512kb eeprom or flash memory

Greg

My 2.7 has arrived, but I am having a problem with it. Maybe because I don't have my PEB setup yet? I have an Un-modded Ti 99/4a and what happens is the screen goes goofy when I select any option. I am only able to get in to 2.7 extended when pushing the spacebar while booting the TI up. The game screen will not load when pushing the spacebar after the computer turns on it just sits at a blue screen with a 0 or other number at the bottom.

Here is a video showing it erroring when I choose a menu item, none of them will work for me sadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEvfTCvqFQw&feature=youtu.be

My Ti has worked fine with other Cartridges so hoping someone knows why this is happening and what I can do to resolve it:)

... because I don't have my PEB setup yet?

...I am only able to get in to 2.7 extended when pushing the spacebar while booting the TI up.

My Ti has worked fine with other Cartridges so hoping someone knows why this is happening and what I can do to resolve it:)

You pretty much have it figured out. Without the 32K hooked up, the only thing you'll be able to use is the XB accessed via the spacebar.

I bet ya canna wait ta get da old P-Box now, eh? ;)

• Like 2

Anything except the XB portion of the cartridge requires 32K as it loads the programs into the 32K space--it will do crazy things otherwise. . .

LOL yeah now I get it thank you and yes I want the PEB hahahah:) I will remove the vid now thanks guys!!!!

Edited by firepod
  • Like 1

My Extended Basic v2.7 Suite Cartridge is better than yours!

I dug out all my stuff this weekend and started playing. My daughter (11) walked in and asked if we could make a game! So, we started. I got my GraphiCV tool out and she drew some images (whence I discovered that colors don't work on the Mac, but do on the PeeCee). Then we started with typing in CALL CHAR's and laying out the field. She's got her characters in place, but nothing moves yet.

Pretty amazing stuff when she said, this is too small, I want it to be bigger and then CALL MAGNIFY(4) and she's thrilled.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

While using the cartridge in daily life, I found out there is an issue in combination with the Horizon Ramdisk Power Up Routine.

It happens only after a fresh power up of my system, not a QUIT reset.

The Power Up Routine from my Horizon Ramdisks normally calls the MENU and shows the first GROM Program "EXTENDED BASIC V2.7" in its list under Point C.

(You can choose with key G the other GROM Programs on the cartridge.)

However pressing C doesn't successfully load Extended Basic.

The light for the 32K memory expansions gets turned off and the Disk Drive is not being accessed. The screen turns blank.

I have to turn off the console, because there is no way of rescueing the computer.

However on the MENU program which comes with ROS 8.14F you can exit MENU (powered up by Horizon) by pressing FCTN+9.

Then you normally go back to the Master Titlescreen Screen customized by Bud Mills.

However The Extended Basic v2.7 Suite bypasses this title screen and shows it A-Z Menu directly.

There you can select A for EXTENDED BASIC V2.7 which then loads fine. 32K flashes up two times, disk drive is accessed for LOAD.

Extended Basic is ready to play with.

Once you now reset the machine with QUIT, the Horizon MENU comes up again, now for some reason, pressing C works to load Extended Basic V2.7.

It would not be such a big issue, if not the same thing would happen with the program BOOT (F18A compatible) where you don't have the option to exit.

So if I use BOOT to be autoexecuted during booting, I have no option to go into XB 2.7 and no option to exit and enter the A-Z menu from the Suite.

• Like 1

While using the cartridge in daily life, I found out there is an issue in combination with the Horizon Ramdisk Power Up Routine.

It happens only after a fresh power up of my system, not a QUIT reset.

The Power Up Routine from my Horizon Ramdisks normally calls the MENU and shows the first GROM Program "EXTENDED BASIC V2.7" in its list under Point C.

(You can choose with key G the other GROM Programs on the cartridge.)

However pressing C doesn't successfully load Extended Basic.

The light for the 32K memory expansions gets turned off and the Disk Drive is not being accessed. The screen turns blank.

I have to turn off the console, because there is no way of rescueing the computer.

However on the MENU program which comes with ROS 8.14F you can exit MENU (powered up by Horizon) by pressing FCTN+9.

Then you normally go back to the Master Titlescreen Screen customized by Bud Mills.

However The Extended Basic v2.7 Suite bypasses this title screen and shows it A-Z Menu directly.

There you can select A for EXTENDED BASIC V2.7 which then loads fine. 32K flashes up two times, disk drive is accessed for LOAD.

Extended Basic is ready to play with.

Once you now reset the machine with QUIT, the Horizon MENU comes up again, now for some reason, pressing C works to load Extended Basic V2.7.

It would not be such a big issue, if not the same thing would happen with the program BOOT (F18A compatible) where you don't have the option to exit.

So if I use BOOT to be autoexecuted during booting, I have no option to go into XB 2.7 and no option to exit and enter the A-Z menu from the Suite.

You're trying to use 2 autostart devices together, which generally doesn't work very well. If you want to use the XB v2.7 Suite cartridge, turn off the Horizon autostart Menu option.

There is an option if you insist on using the Horizon autostart Menu. It involves a bastardization of the XB v2.7 cartridge which I've created at Ksarul's request, but I'm not particularly fond of. Follow-up post to be made soon.

Gazoo

There is now a version of the XB v2.7 suite cartridge at Ksarul's request which is non-autostart. No functionality is lost, everything's still there. The REVIEW MODULE LIBRARY function is used instead of the autostart. You'll see the following screens when 3 is selected for REVIEW MODULE LIBRARY:

gallery_29515_1313_12350.jpg

gallery_29515_1313_12729.jpg

gallery_29515_1313_4881.jpg

gallery_29515_1313_5852.jpg

gallery_29515_1313_16087.jpg

The last screen rolls around to the first one. Selecting the MENU option brings up the normal white on blue autostart menu screen of the cartridge upon which the spacebar selects the game menu.

Those preferring another autostart device (Horizon) may prefer this version of the cartridge. I won't be manufacturing any of these other than the one I made for testing, but feel free to make your own. The necessary files are attached to this post.

Gazoo

XB v2.7 Suite Crippled.zip

• Like 2