IGNORED

nyd 2015

pps

I'm a little late, but only some minutes behind my planned release time...

It was a little more time needed to put all together an run every entrie at least one time on real machine, write the nfo file and make some screenshots for gif...

But, don't want to let wait anymore!

It's time for the RELEASE :) (hope nothing was forgotten...)

post-3781-0-14522100-1420117626_thumb.gif

NYD_2015.zip

Happy New Year 2015!!!

• Like 11

... totally forgot to mention that there will be an upgraded MasterIt 2015+ with graphics, (hopefully) sound, title screen, and of course some additions to make the game more challenging.

btw. my sons best score so far is: 15249 - who will beat him?

Edited by pps
  • Like 3

Heya!

The NYD 2015 is great, as always ! Not only that it includes some very nice demos, but also some good games...

Disk 2 of the NYD 2015 comes in DD/180k because it includes a TIP animation for 320k, named Fireworx. I converted the original GIF-Animation a few years ago into a tip-animation and since I used a smaller screen size than Miker, my version works with 128k RAM. Had to search for approx. 1 hour (through hundreds of animations) to find it, because my animation was not named Fireworx (or something similar). I found it under the name "sparkles" (guess, the original GIF ani had that name and I also used this name for the TIP ani).

And since we are talking about firework-animations, here are a few more firework-animations. Would be nice if someone could do something like this in pure Assembler for the next NYD, so that it works on a 64k machine. Alas, some teens here in Germany (and surely in other countries as well) exaggerated the fun with fireworks and died because of a huge explosion...

sparkles.zip

Sparkles - 128k RAM

firework.zip

Fireworks 64k and 128k RAM

explos.zip

Explosion 64k RAM

• Like 1

Miker it works fine on my 800 XL. And vben Altirra with real Rom. Not with Altirra Rom.

Just started it again (on real machine). Never thrust in emulation - though Altirra is far the best for A8, but sometimes it laggs too.

Edits: sorry for that many edits. typing on phone with German auto correction is strange to write in English :-o

Edited by pps

Nope - I can't see a download link for Part 2? Where is it?

With the dancing bananas game - you don't have to play it, if you don't want to... Just let it go to Game Over, and leave it running... It is suppose to be a demo too...

I'm not into dancing etc games myself - and so, it is meant to be a graphics demo too....

Of course the res is on the low side .... but Star Raiders did well working in such a low res too....

Harvey