IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Does anyone know how many different languages the TI came out with for the main menu? It's kind of neat really subtle changes, 1982 instead of 1981, "PRESS A KEY TO BEGIN" instead of "READY-PRESS ANY KEY TO BEGIN", but enough to set them apart.

Sólo por curiosidad, es el BASIC en Español demasiado o es que lo mismo que la versión en Inglés?

The only computer language for the TI that had multiple localized versions was Logo, so far as I've seen. I have TI Logo in German, and I have seen it in Spanish. I have Logo II in Dutch, Italian, and Spanish, and have seen it in French (and I've seen the GRAM files for it in German).

• Like 2

You Have this screen of the Agentine TI99, and the Pal Modulator

Jean Louis

It would be nice to get dump of this 82 spanish grom 0, just for history and archive usage and of course for emulators, even if it just a title screen change, nothing like being complete, without makes our collection of grom dumps seem lacking now.

The earliest speech synthesizers have a connector behind that door to insert speech modules, but no modules for it ever made it into the wild, so far as I know. The speech module concept got back-burnered when they came up with the idea for the Speech Editor module, as that would let the users add more-or-less infinite vocabulary to the system.

The speech data from the Speak-and-Spell cartridges is compatible with the TI once you extract it though, so there is another source or ready-made speech data--I believe Michael Becker pulled it out of as many of those cartridges as he could lay his hands on to use with the SPVMC card.

Yeah, I saw that and thought the same thing about the external drive boxes. Next time I am out in my storage room I am going to grab a couple of old SCSI boxes and convert them. Or, I may just go ahead and move my SCSI hard drive to a Sun 411 box and just have 3.5" and 5.25" floppy drives internal to the PEB.

This one caught my eye...REALLY want one (had one 30 years ago), but wouldn't know the first thing on how to bring a dead one back to life if it's anything more than the power supply or a fuse.

Plus, if the recent MBX is any indication, this is going to fly way above my snack bracket an hour before auction closes, and I'm really sick of losing out to folks in the last few minutes who are simply going to repost it a week later!

Still, it is my personal holy grail item from my past...don't see them come up very often , working or otherwise.

TI Thermal Printer

post-40994-0-06976400-1420422063_thumb.jpg

Damn!, just slightly outside my pickup zone ;)

Anyone need MULTIPLE TI's that's living near Blandon, Pennsylvania for a local ONLY pickup?

$_57.JPG

<< LINK >>

One of those external drive boxes would be sweet!

How I would love the monitor!!

Shipping to Canada would require a second mortgage though.

• Like 1

Does anyone who wants one, NOT already have one??? Really?

SPEECH SYNTHESIZER

I bought two for $9.99 apiece last month - yup, on ebay! One is kind abeat up (the other is mint), but both work.

And here's what bugs me about speculative traders and "antique" dealers on ebay...this guy lucks into a CASE of these little puppies, and rather than selling them at $10 to $20 a piece, he STARTS the bidding at $50 (or $65 to "Buy Now"). assuming there are three rows per box @ 16 units per row, he would still make (gross) $980 per case selling them at $20 (if he didn't double his money at that price, then he's an idiot for having bought them.)

Now consider that this is probably the most readily available item out there for the TI...too many were produced for them to be "rare" for several more decades (when no one will care anymore), and his price becomes even more outrageous. I get ridiculous "rare" cart pricing, and even paying $5 - $10 for a 6 page game manual...but it just doesn't get more common than a TI Speech synthesizer. They simply are not worth more than $20 nowadays, even if we re-label ourselves as "collectors" and lie to call them "collectables"

If a deal like this ever falls into my lap, I'll gladly post an ad in THESE forums, asking for no more than the cost of shipping (just as many of you guys have offered me over the past two months when i needed something).

I just pray that no one buys one, so he might catch on that the price is more than a bit steep!

Only system fans should be trading system products...be it Commodore, Atari, TI or TRS80! These guuys just pi** me right off!

Well here's a virtual cornucopia of temptations for those that still have money after the holidays...

I visited the "store" of the dude selling the thermal printer, and he's also got some exceptional ("as is") goodies up for grabs.

- TI EGROM Dev cart

- Horizon 384K RAMdisk

- Wico Joystick adapter (thenar eminence muscles throughout the land let loose with a collective shout of excitement!)

- Single Step adapter

- Geneve 9640 (current bid 99.99 (!) with 6 days to go)

- Corcomp RS232

- TI RS232

- MYARC HFDC controller

- MYARC FD controller with 80 eprom

- a couple carts for the CC-40 (pascal and memo processor)

- my beloved thermal printer

each auction has between 4 and 6 days remaining, and so the insanely low prices are unlikely to last . (a Horizon Ramdisk for $9.99??? Ya, like that price is gonna last)

I just found these auctions afew minutes ago, so I apologize if these items have been included in previous posts. It's just rare to find such a great collection of odds and sods, that I got a little excited. Unfotunately even if I could squeeze out a winning bid for the Geneve, post Christmas blues (and my beleagered bank account) would cry out in protest.

I DO accept gifts from strangers though (nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean, say no more, say no more)

Well here's a virtual cornucopia of temptations for those that still have money after the holidays...

I visited the "store" of the dude selling the thermal printer, and he's also got some exceptional ("as is") goodies up for grabs.

- Geneve 9640 (current bid 99.99 (!) with 6 days to go)

That Geneve is from the same seller and has the same description as this auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MYARC-Geneve-9640-TI-99-4A-Texas-Instruments-compatible-RARE-/141511090911?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item20f2b7e2df

The picture is different though (previous one had a case), so it's probably a second Geneve. Last one went for $750, which is waaay too much for my tastes. I put in a bid that makes sense to me, but I'm almost certain I'm not going to win it...