IGNORED

COLLECTORVISION - Official Thread for FLAPEE BIRD

Rev

An invincible mode? :-)

Nope. A realistic mode is all I'm hoping for. Realistic as to the expectations of a game that is somewhat fun to play for more than a few seconds. In other words, a game whose difficulty wasn't made impossible extremely difficult starting out the gate. As if there was no build up or level design/progression at all.

Nope. A realistic mode is all I'm hoping for. :lol:

How many people are actually testing this game?? OR any of these home-brews as of late?

What do you mean by realistic mode? The original IOS game was far from realistic. Horrible play mechanic, even worse "physics" ;-)

The game might be a bit fun as an endless runner if the bird could actually glide for a bit. Based on the animated gif, this game adds nothing, not even credits for who worked on this port. However, this would require signifigantly less testing than say Kroz.

What do you mean by realistic mode? The original IOS game was far from realistic. Horrible play mechanic, even worse "physics" ;-)

The game might be a bit fun as an endless runner if the bird could actually glide for a bit.

Realistic as to the expectations of a game that is somewhat fun to play for more than a few seconds. lol

The game might be a bit fun as an endless runner if the bird could actually glide for a bit. Based on the animated gif, this game adds nothing, not even credits for who worked on this port. However, this would require signifigantly less testing than say Kroz.

i love the ios versions physics. It was what made it enjoyable for me. My high score is only 146 on the ios version but i think its a decent score.

Realistic as to the expectations of a game that is somewhat fun to play for more than a few seconds. lol

For a larf, sometimes I play Macho Astrosmash.

In jzIntv, fire up Astrosmash with the flag --macho=10. Seriously. It'll run Astrosmash at 10x the original speed. If you manage to score even 3000 pts, you feel super accomplished. Each game lasts 15 seconds tops. (If you can get to 30 seconds, I wanna see it, for real!)

It's strangely addictive.

BTW, the --macho flag works with any game in jzIntv. Astrosmash is just my favorite game to play Macho.

• Like 2

Doesn't look like it, unless he rewrote it from scratch...

[Click to enlarge and animate]

attachicon.gifflappee2.gifattachicon.gifFlappy1.gif

The physics in Arnauld's game look tighter (the gravity seems to react much faster), and the pipes are more open, which seems more in going with the spirit of the original game. I think they are different games too.

The physics in Arnauld's game look tighter (the gravity seems to react much faster), and the pipes are more open, which seems more in going with the spirit of the original game. I think they are different games too.

The spirit of the original game was to annoy and piss you off ...

• Like 1

Another big difference: The clouds are stationary in Arnauld's version.

I just wonder why everyone's so cagey about who wrote this release.