IGNORED

Panzer Strike

Vorticon

Here's what the splash screen and main menu look like.

http://youtu.be/Xl05sATrTTo

NOTE: The actual video is only 35 seconds. For some reason, YouTube added another 17.5 minutes to it!

The splash screen was created using Tursi's Convert9918 utility to convert an image into a TI compatible bitmap image and save it as a small XB program which allows the display of that bitmap directly from XB then chaining the program of your choice after Enter is pressed. Essentially it allows us to have a high resolution splash screen for any XB program. Pretty cool!

The font is the one from the game "1943" by Capcom courtesy of sometimes99er.

All that's left now is creating additional scenarios and writing the manual, then I'll release the entire package into the wild :)

• Like 5

What happened to the video?

YouTube kept adding 17.5 minutes to it of just the last frame for some inexplicable reason. I finally gave up and just posted it as is. I don't know if the problem is with the Classic 99 video capture scheme (is YouTube expecting some termination code that Classic 99 is not providing?) or it's something else. This has happened multiple times in the past as well.

YouTube kept adding 17.5 minutes to it of just the last frame for some inexplicable reason. I finally gave up and just posted it as is. I don't know if the problem is with the Classic 99 video capture scheme (is YouTube expecting some termination code that Classic 99 is not providing?) or it's something else. This has happened multiple times in the past as well.

I use HYPERCAM 2 myself it is free and you can copy at 1920 x 1080 Desktop with mouse clicks recorded too.

Edited by RXB

While I have posted Classic99's recorded videos to YouTube in the past, and believe they are created correctly (although audio is broken, I think that's a buffer issue and not a file issue)... dealing with the Windows compression system is such a pain that I just can't be bothered anymore. For my own use I'm using "Open Broadcaster Software" from http://www.obsproject.com/ which can both stream and capture locally, and has worked with everything I've thrown at it on my Win7 64-bit system, including numerous Classic99 captures. It's just easier and more flexible to use a dedicated tool than to get it working inside the emulator. :)

My Mac Pro for editing in OS X using IMOVIE is dirt cheap.

I have a ton of movies out there, make movies with HyperCam 2 and Edit with IMOVIE.

If using Windows 8.1 you can download Movie Maker for free.

IMOVIE is much better so never used it.

While I have posted Classic99's recorded videos to YouTube in the past, and believe they are created correctly (although audio is broken, I think that's a buffer issue and not a file issue)... dealing with the Windows compression system is such a pain that I just can't be bothered anymore. For my own use I'm using "Open Broadcaster Software" from http://www.obsproject.com/ which can both stream and capture locally, and has worked with everything I've thrown at it on my Win7 64-bit system, including numerous Classic99 captures. It's just easier and more flexible to use a dedicated tool than to get it working inside the emulator. :)

Thank you Tursi! You just saved me from shelling out $300 for a Camtasia license! :)

The game looks incredible, Vorticon! Very nice work!

VirtuabDub is still a thing, but still limited to AVI, as far as I know, and most tools are outputting MPG these days.

I don't know any good editors for Windows.

I use HyperCam 2 and FFMPEGX conversion tool. Converts most every format to any other format.

Listing of all them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_screencasting_software

Sure people can find one from this listing.

For conversions these days I use Handbrake - it also handles transcoding formats pretty well - https://handbrake.fr/

But actual /editting/... I use Windows Movie Maker but I'd stop well short of calling it good. I could actually use a decent editor that handles multi-track audio as well as video for a current project.

• Like 1

For conversions these days I use Handbrake - it also handles transcoding formats pretty well - https://handbrake.fr/

But actual /editting/... I use Windows Movie Maker but I'd stop well short of calling it good. I could actually use a decent editor that handles multi-track audio as well as video for a current project.

Has it gotten any more intuitive to use in the past few years? I tried it... oh, maybe four years ago and hated it. It was like Inkscape for video.

No.. Windows Movie Maker has hardly changed over the years, and is barely adequate to cut and paste a few clips together for YouTube. :/

Ha! Actually, I meant Handbrake, but, yeah, Windows Media Maker has never lived up to its promise, either. Was supposedly Microsoft's rival to Apple's "built-in" program. Pfah!

oooh, Handbrake. Well, I've liked it since I started using it a year or two ago, that was mostly because it was the first Windows conversion tool I used that handled most files I threw at it and didn't crash all the damned time. ;) I can't say I know Inkscape, though ;)

oooh, Handbrake. Well, I've liked it since I started using it a year or two ago, that was mostly because it was the first Windows conversion tool I used that handled most files I threw at it and didn't crash all the damned time. ;) I can't say I know Inkscape, though ;)

Last comment I make on this as I am derailing the thread with this sub-thread. Inkscape is a vector graphic editing program which, for me at least, is far and away less intuitive than any other program I have ever used on any platform.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good, now the moral question, who do I root for?, the number 1 mass murderer of WW2 or the number 2 mass murderer of WW2 :mad: :mad: :mad: .

I was thinking we could possibly have an expansion disk with French tanks on it, they could be represented by a white flag that runs away at the first sign of trouble :D

Looking good, now the moral question, who do I root for?, the number 1 mass murderer of WW2 or the number 2 mass murderer of WW2 :mad: :mad: :mad: .

I was thinking we could possibly have an expansion disk with French tanks on it, they could be represented by a white flag that runs away at the first sign of trouble :D

What most people don't seem to realize was that the French stiffened up quite formidably once the initial shock of the German assault was over and that most of their initial failures were caused by myopic leaders stuck in the mind set of the Old Empire. Unfortunately, but the time they recovered their wits, it was too late. Most of the British expeditionary force would have been obliterated at Dunkirk had it not been for the French troops heroically holding the Germans at bay.

• Like 1