IGNORED

Coleco ADAM Power Supply

Rey

Just to update you guys, testing has gone very well and there hasn't been any issues whatsoever. I'd say in about 2 months I will make these available for everyone.

Only change made is I went from the square red button to a round one. All the black ones I keep finding have a real cheap feel to them and I will not risk having the power button fail on any of you.

Rey

• Like 3

he doesn't have to make a 220v version it should be compatible already!

hey rey! I think if you look at the spec's for your power supplies you ordered that they may have an input rating of 90v to 264v ac and 47 to 440 hertz.

so if they do then you don't have to change anything to sell them overseas.

that's the nice thing about switching power supplies!

the customer can just buy an ac receptacle adapter to adapt the plug end for their country.

Edited by mightywiz
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally getting around to posting on this thread but I received the new Adam flavor power supply from Rey. It is incredible!?!!! Works perfect, runs very cool and it is amazing not to drag the printer around every time I want to use the Adam!! When it arrived I was not sure what it was since the shipping box was so small!

I would highly recommend buying one as soon as possible while these are still being made!!

post-25646-0-79110000-1428155666_thumb.jpg

post-25646-0-94054600-1428155670_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I know this is repeating my post in another thread, but it's really worth repeating:

As far as Rey's latest ADAM Power Supply offering (rev 2.0), I too was lucky to acquire one in order to help Rey with testing and absolutely LOVE IT!!! As can be seen in craigm71's picks, this new ADAM P.S. is tiny compared to other options that have been available in the past especially when compared to having to use the ADAM printer to power your system. While I haven't been able to find the time to run this new P.S. thru a marathon session, I have been using it for short stretches to power my main ADAM system and it has performed perfectly with very little noticeable heat build-up (a lot less than the ADAM Disk Drive). I can't think of anything else that could be done to improve upon this latest offering as Rey has taken into consideration everyone's "Wish List" for this latest revision:

- Small footprint for space savings

- Fanless to cut out completely additional noise

- Professional looking housing that matches the ADAM's color as closely as possible

- Replica ADAM label to tie it all into the rest of the system

- Power light

- Front mounted On/Off power button

- Longer cable that connects to the Memory Console

If you don't have the ability to mount a power supply into the Memory Console, then Rey's ADAM P.S. Rev. 2.0 is the only option you should consider... when he starts to accept orders for them.

post-25956-0-54610800-1428194307_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I have come up with final numbers assuming I can get at least 6-10 pre-orders to cover all costs upfront and help with fees. These newly revised ADAM power supplies will be $99 plus shipping. I still don't make a lot off of these but enough to make it acceptable to invest so much time putting them together. I will begin contacting those who were interested in order of posts and messages from first to last. I hope this piece will make many ADAM owners very happy. I couldn't be more satisfied with it and everything has been perfect with my testers too.

If anyone else is interested just post here and I'll contact you.

Rey

• Like 1

Hey everyone. I have come up with final numbers assuming I can get at least 6-10 pre-orders to cover all costs upfront and help with fees. These newly revised ADAM power supplies will be $99 plus shipping. I still don't make a lot off of these but enough to make it acceptable to invest so much time putting them together. I will begin contacting those who were interested in order of posts and messages from first to last. I hope this piece will make many ADAM owners very happy. I couldn't be more satisfied with it and everything has been perfect with my testers too.

If anyone else is interested just post here and I'll contact you.

Rey

I'd like to preorder one, thanks

• Like 1

I believe I have contacted everyone that was interested. If I missed anyone please contact me or post here.

As payments come in, I will continue to update post #177 in order of payments received.