IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

that's what i'm saying, he planning something really big Thing :?

probably cost a used underpants from him also $ 100

here another

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Topper-for-TI-99-4A-by-Romox-computer-game-Texas-Instruments-TI99-/111627756722?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fd8864b2

Edited by Flottmann1
  • Like 1

that's what i'm saying, he planning something really big Thing :?

probably cost a used underpants from him also $ 100

here another

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Topper-for-TI-99-4A-by-Romox-computer-game-Texas-Instruments-TI99-/111627756722?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19fd8864b2

On the plus side, he is only charging £8.99 postage to the UK :)

• Like 1

Gentlemen,

The attention to detail, however, mustn't go unnoticed. Even the "baggie" in which Barrage comes in received a solid "B" rating and we know how difficult to find those are... ;-)

Condition:

• Baggie: B (light wear / creasing)
  • Instructions: B (light wear / creasing)
  • Cartridge: A (tested / working)
  • Card: A
  • Like 1

(Is it even wise to buy sealed 30 year old magnetic media? Is there not a distinct possibility that these could be degaussed by now? Or is physical ownership so valuable that such things don't matter?)

I have heard this also. Now that my PEB is finally up and working I played this game I bought on eBay about a year ago. It is the original disk (and packaging) and seemed to function just fine. Strangely enough this title used the Terminal Emulator II cart and the speech synthesizer. It had a TON of voices/speech in it, basically on every thing in the game was spoken through the speech synthesizer. I have a couple more original games to test and if they don't work I will let you know.

At the zoo original

At the zoo screenshot

At the zoo

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that opportunists attempting to profit off of the work of others exist in every eBay market. Here's an interesting auction from Mercado Libre in Argentina that is selling a DVD with all of the TI books Ernie scanned as part of an auction (and indicates that the cost per book is only two Argentine Pesos, which works out to about $40 US for the 174 books). The auction also includes a lot of games (also on the DVD, apparently), a console, Extended BASIC, and a cassette recorder, for the princely sum of 3,500 Pesos ($400 US). It is in good shape, however, the price is a bit predatory, even for that market where a console is worth more than it is here.

Here's one that is reasonable though: one of the Compute! books in a Spanish translation. I've found references to four different TI Compute! books that were translated to Spanish (three of which I've been able to obtain on my own or with the help of a friendly TI user living there). There are actually quite a few TI books that were released in Argentina--many of which were original works. I have acquired seven books so far, and I know of an equal number of additional titles that I'm still looking for.

I guess the seller is of the opinion that they are the only European smart enough to buy items in the US so that they can sell them for super-inflated prices to everyone else. The price Longtermgaming had for this was crazy to start with--this set shows up on eBay once or twice a year for around $15-$30. . .and it usually has the manual and the Ironheart card. Just having them is definitely not worth the increase in price we see in either of these inflated auctions. I ended up with the Ironheart card as a throw-in with a bunch of other documentation I bought about five years ago. . .and I already had the other manual, as I received it with the disk in a different auction. Patience is king--everything will show up sooner or later if you are willing to wait. :)

• Like 2

Complete, in box, original packaging... Not out of this world for a collector.

I had two just like this at one point... Got one for free and paid like $10 for the other one. Gave one away and the other is in my stuff somewhere.

I wouldnt have paid that, but hey... I have no use for it as a user or a collector. :)