IGNORED

Translucent Jaguar Console Pre-Orders

Parrothead

Hey Guys,

I am getting a big batch of USA Priority Mail's out today with 2-day delivery. I am now going in order. But International will be last as I have to change up my procedure for those. Be patient they are coming soon. It's an awful lot of work :)

I got shipping confirmation on one of my two orders today. :)

Here it is. A heads up. There are two posts added to the case. They work well for supporting the board under the power switch but sit too high and need to be trimmed. Then the power switch works fine. Also I'm no expert but there are three spring tabs soldered to the bottom of the board that make contact with the rf shielding. Probably should tie those to ground I'm guessing.

post-40049-0-03819600-1428717403_thumb.jpg

post-40049-0-63120200-1428717429_thumb.jpg

post-40049-0-91785000-1428717452_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing, the heads up and nice pics! Looks like installation will be a breeze and the only thing that really needs to be done is trimming those two posts. Just make them level with the screw holes I imagine. Oh and can't tell by the pics, but is there a clear plastic backplane for the expansion connectors included?

Hope my case and cart are on their way. :love:

There are places, where you can get laser cut acrylic parts done, if someone comes up with a template, you guys can probably order a bunch of them at once. After you make a proto of course. Just throwing it out there, seems to be, that a lot of people are keen on this backplate.

https://www.pololu.com/docs/0J24/4

I personally have nothing to do with this website, nor do I know anyone there. And even though these Jaguar shells are made from new plastic, I think the fumes that turn people into raving drooling lunatics, comes from the fumes off of the circuit board. So get those circuit boards out of your house, or have a led case made!!! :P

• Like 2

Those pics look sweet! If the CD was able to be made I would have ordered two of each. One set I would have painted black on the inside so it would have a high gloss look to it.

I plan on painting one of mine red on the inside. Gonna be a pain in the neck to mask off the rear portion.

There are places, where you can get laser cut acrylic parts done, if someone comes up with a template, you guys can probably order a bunch of them at once. After you make a proto of course. Just throwing it out there, seems to be, that a lot of people are keen on this backplate.

https://www.pololu.com/docs/0J24/4

I personally have nothing to do with this website, nor do I know anyone there. And even though these Jaguar shells are made from new plastic, I think the fumes that turn people into raving drooling lunatics, comes from the fumes off of the circuit board. So get those circuit boards out of your house, or have a led case made!!! :P

Well, some beat up olé Jag shell would have the backplate for a template. I have a few lying around, if someone needs a donation for the cause.

Can you even 3D print in translucent? Don't recall seeing any.

Yes, someone with a high-end 3D printer, could also print it. I was talking about someone laser cutting acrylic sheets.

Random google search for translucent prints...

https://www.google.com/search?q=translucent+3d+print&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=dsQoVcT2KcnooATLjYCACQ&ved=0CD4QsAQ&biw=1436&bih=776

Here it is. A heads up. There are two posts added to the case. They work well for supporting the board under the power switch but sit too high and need to be trimmed. Then the power switch works fine. Also I'm no expert but there are three spring tabs soldered to the bottom of the board that make contact with the rf shielding. Probably should tie those to ground I'm guessing.

So we no longer need to remove the 2 posts as per the dental jag and re-glue them in the correct place???

So we no longer need to remove the 2 posts as per the dental jag and re-glue them in the correct place???

It's probably the same. If they were moved it would support the board better and you could screw the front down. I've never seen a dental jag. After not seeing the bottom before ordering I was just happy to see something there at all. I was half expecting the board to just lay in there.

Received mine today! They are cool. One was perfect, but the dome on the second console was clouded with scratches. I may be able to buff it out, but I'm not really worried about it. I bought these for the novelty, and likely won't ever populate them. I may use them as a shrine for my BS Gold carts, though. :)