IGNORED

TI-99 Photos Thread! Post your systems here!

slinkeey

I would bludgeon a baby seal for those boxed ROMOX carts...

…and he started whipping' in on my favorite baby seal… oh no you did-int! :lol:

Could probably be persuaded out of them if you've got the buckley bucks…

(those ROMOX carts were new and sealed until the last couple of years or so… opened and played a few times, so *are* literally like new)

Did you see my question on your Navarone cartridges AM1933? I'm documenting the Navarone carts in PPI cases--and one of yours is definitely one of the cartridges using that case variant (and very rare--I've seen a grand total of eight of them in the last 30 years, five of which are in my collection). So far, all of the ones I've seen are one of three possible titles, but based on the ROM labels and on the period produced, there may be as many as six or seven different titles in these cases.

• Like 1

I probably shouldn't show Lee pictures of my TI Books--I have something like 150 different titles, in six languages. ;-)

I like your collection there--you have quite a few uncommon titles (and one that I finally found a copy of just this year after many years of searching for one in an off-and-on search).

• Like 3

I probably shouldn't show Lee pictures of my TI Books--I have something like 150 different titles, in six languages. ;-)

I like your collection there--you have quite a few uncommon titles (and one that I finally found a copy of just this year after many years of searching for one in an off-and-on search).

Just a KJ reaction to @am1933's last line. :P

...lee

Did you see my question on your Navarone cartridges AM1933? I'm documenting the Navarone carts in PPI cases--and one of yours is definitely one of the cartridges using that case variant (and very rare--I've seen a grand total of eight of them in the last 30 years, five of which are in my collection). So far, all of the ones I've seen are one of three possible titles, but based on the ROM labels and on the period produced, there may be as many as six or seven different titles in these cases.

I did see your question and I thought I had already replied (must have missed the post button :mad: ), the module in question is unfortunately - the Database manager :( , just going to make sure I hit the post button now.

These are actually a physically different cartridge case, Ralf. If you have one, look at the cartridge on the end of the Super Sketch cable. It is from the same third-party mold that these odd Navarone cartridges come from. The one in your picture comes from a TI mold. Overall, there are four different basic mold types for the cartridges that generally look like they came from TI. Gamevision cartridge cases look just like a TI case, except they are smooth (no surface pebbling). Standard TI cartridge cases (with and without screws/doors) were used by TI and a lot of third party sources. Funware cases were used by Funware, the Legio Computing Center (Holland) and Competition Computer (California). Lastly, the Personal peripherals cases were used by PPI and Navarone. Most Navarone cartridges were in standard TI cases or in ROMOX cases, but a very small fraction of them were in the PPI cases. All PPI cases to date have gold or silver foil labels, so they were made early in the Navarone production runs. The white labels like yours came much later.

• Like 2

LOl

Your both right. I actually grabbed that Wico joystick from my Atari 2600 but the Wico trackball is actually for a TI and has a white TI sticker on the front.

The Alien is something that my son made for me in Art Class at school when he was a lot younger. I figured he would go good with Parsec.

I have an Apple IIe that I want to also squeeze onto that desk but I dont have any room.

Edited by TI-GAMER

^^OR....

Get a corner mount for the flatscreen, put it up in that corner...

Then put the PEB behind the TI and set the printer on top of the PEB.

Then you can have an Apple // on the left of the TI, and a Cantab Ace on the right...

Or an XP machine on the right for file transfers, hooked up via serial or HDX. :)

My TI is setup in the corner. I am still cleaning it up. This is commonly referred to as my "Mid Life Crisis Room" On the other side of the room is my desk with my Main Desktop, Laptop, an old Win 98 machine and an old Mac G5.

post-41001-0-12481500-1430957878_thumb.jpg

Edited by TI-GAMER
  • Like 6