IGNORED

Coleco ADAM Power Supply

Rey

From one perfectionist to another: I really appreciate how you take the time nessessary to put out only your best work. I'm excited to finally ditch that SmartWriter behemoth, but good things are worth the wait. :-)

Thanks again, Rey, for all your work bringing this power supply to the rest of us Adam fans!

• Like 2

Group of orders for first run;

1-cncfreak 72f91ba6-4711-46d2-9fd9-b916f57de227.gif

2-digress ( 2 power supplies ) (*) 72f91ba6-4711-46d2-9fd9-b916f57de227.gif

3-telengard 72f91ba6-4711-46d2-9fd9-b916f57de227.gif

4-phattyboombatty 72f91ba6-4711-46d2-9fd9-b916f57de227.gif

5-TPR

6-mylok (2 power supplies)

7-colecoadam

8-RangerG

9-klasko54 (2 supplies)

10-snume (*)

11-Tarzilla (*)

12-Tron Unit

13-Gandor

14-coleco_master

15-retrogmr

16-HkryCrkStudio (*)

17-Seagull (*)

18-goldenegg (*)

19-jblenkle

20-silvio (*)

21-ianoid

22-RGDiRocco

Next, phattyboombatty

• Like 1

QUESTION. What printer can I buy that works well with the Adam printer interface. Any suggestions would be great.

Honestly I have no idea. Didn't think anyone would still want to print with the ADAM.

• Like 1

OHMAHGERD OHMAHGERD OHMAHGERD!

Just received mine and :-o WOW! :-o Somebody get on the horn with Mark Thomann and let him know that these are to be blessed as the OFFICIAL Coleco ADAM Power Supply!!! Unbelievable thing of beauty, weighing in at just 14 ounces (22 ounces with the heavy duty cables, which are attached), and smaller than the size of your open hand, this power supply is the most badass missing link since the SGM! Why? Because now you can just use your standalone ADAM for lotsa games, including Team Pixelboy's Coleco ADAM cartridge conversions!

I can't say enough good things about this supply. Rey deserves a gold medal for this one! Thanks brother!

• Like 1

Just received mine and :-o WOW! :-o Somebody get on the horn with Mark Thomann and let him know that these are to be blessed as the OFFICIAL Coleco ADAM Power Supply!!! Unbelievable thing of beauty, weighing in at just 14 ounces (22 ounces with the heavy duty cables, which are attached), and smaller than the size of your open hand, this power supply is the most badass missing link since the SGM! Why? Because now you can just use your standalone ADAM for lotsa games, including Team Pixelboy's Coleco ADAM cartridge conversions!

I can't say enough good things about this supply. Rey deserves a gold medal for this one! Thanks brother!

Okay, now you're really making me regret getting one of Rey's first-generation power supplies. :P

• Like 2

Hey, anyone, Can I use a standard db9 cable to extend the 9pin connector from the Adam printer to the memory console? And, will a db9 ab switch work to switch between the power supply and the Adam printer? Thanks. Kevin.

it need to be at least 22awg the db9 controller extention wont work too small

• Like 2

Thank you sir for your kind words. I hope they last forever :-)

• Like 1

The power supply works great!. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to ditch the printer. It makes you adam actually (kind of) portable.

Nice improvement and now the adam is not much bigger than the colecovision to setup and play some games on.

• Like 2

The power supply works great!. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to ditch the printer. It makes you adam actually (kind of) portable.

Nice improvement and now the adam is not much bigger than the colecovision to setup and play some games on.

It really does make a difference.

BIG HAPPY FYI.....

I just finished up on my project, hooking up two Adam printers to My Adam, and switching between the two. HAPPY TO SAY, Using three AWG20 1 foot 9pin M/F serial cables, and a 9pin serial rotary style AB switch, I was able to hook up two Adam printers, and switch between both of them WITH NO POWER LOSS, AND PERFECT FUNCTIONING! Very proud of this accomplishment.

My printer just started to make an odd humming noise when I turn it on (not too loud, but if you're close you can hear it). Is this common or does this mean that it's starting to die and I should get a replacement power supply?

• Like 1

Tempest... what klasko54 said and I would still recommend that you pick-up an extra (backup) power supply. Rey's new P.S. unit is the ideal solution, but if you want to remain a truest and keep using an ADAM Printer, then you should watch eBay as there have been numerous printers put up for auction recently.

• Like 1

In case anyone was wondering. The roller controller works fine with the new power supply.

as does the ide cf card. Supergame module and anything else I tried.

You're still using the IDE CF's own power supply right, or did you tap into something on the Adam?