IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

Square Enix and SNK Playmore Drop Their Lawsuits Against Each Other

61403789881195424803.jpg

I guess we can all be friends now.

It started with a copyright infringement allegation—Square Enix published manga, High Score Girl, was using characters owned by SNK Playmore without permission. Then things got heated with a counter-suit from Square Enix. Now, nearly a year later, it looks like the two companies are ready to kiss and make up.

In an official release from Square Enix, the company announced that both companies are no longer pursuing legal action against each other and that the manga caught in the crossfire, which has been on hiatus since the issue was brought to light, will resume publication.

In the announcement, it was stated that in order for both companies to be able to work together in the future, it was of utmost importance that the issue be put to rest as quickly as possible.

High Score Girl is a popular Japanese manga that was set to be made into an anime series until the copyright infringement allegations came up. No word on when the manga will resume or if the anime series will get its day in the sun.

http://kotaku.com/square-enix-and-snk-playmore-drop-their-lawsuits-agains-1726872761

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Crossed Swords 2 is now shipping to those that pre-ordered. Here's more from Razoola.

"The day has come those who have ordered are waiting for....

Shipping has started!

As I mentioned before those who ordered first have priority in the shipping queue. I'm not 100% the time period will be for each order to be shipped so its best not to ak about that just yet, Jeff will ship as soon as he can."

-Raz-

Anthony...

Made my own Neo Geo!

Couldn't afford an original Neo Geo or Omega, and was inspired by the Analogue Interactive wooden Neo Geo, so I created my own with a raspberry pi! Neo Geo runs great on the newest raspberry pi using the Final Burn Alpha emulator.

My wife and I have been selling Zelda themed emulator boxes on various forums, and I thought it would be cool to try a different design. See the attached pictures and also my flickr link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shellv/sets/72157656943029795

The decals are all custom printed vinyl and are also protected by several layers of varnish.

If anybody wants a Neo Geo one I could make it for the following:

Custom Box with inputs = $80

Shipping/packaging = $15

Optional:

Raspberry pi with heat sinks, enclosure, and power adapter = $55

32 gb Micro sd preconfigured with emulators = $15

Super famicom style USB controllers (good quality) = $12 each

I have positive feedback on Nintendoage for selling these and I use Paypal.

post-36283-0-16154800-1440866100_thumb.jpg

post-36283-0-25917700-1440866111_thumb.jpg

post-36283-0-33271700-1440866127_thumb.jpg

post-36283-0-69792100-1440866140_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Made my own Neo Geo!

Couldn't afford an original Neo Geo or Omega, and was inspired by the Analogue Interactive wooden Neo Geo, so I created my own with a raspberry pi! Neo Geo runs great on the newest raspberry pi using the Final Burn Alpha emulator.

My wife and I have been selling Zelda themed emulator boxes on various forums, and I thought it would be cool to try a different design. See the attached pictures and also my flickr link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/shellv/sets/72157656943029795

The decals are all custom printed vinyl and are also protected by several layers of varnish.

If anybody wants a Neo Geo one I could make it for the following:

Custom Box with inputs = $80

Shipping/packaging = $15

Optional:

Raspberry pi with heat sinks, enclosure, and power adapter = $55

32 gb Micro sd preconfigured with emulators = $15

Super famicom style USB controllers (good quality) = $12 each

I have positive feedback on Nintendoage for selling these and I use Paypal.

Hi Noah,

Thanks for posting and participating on the Neo-Geo thread.

Your creative work is beautiful :lust: Quite ingenious to make such a superb work of art using a Neo-Geo theme box. I'll gladly take this into consideration in the future and will give you business regarding your projects. :)

Thank you for sharing this and you're welcome to post anything involving Neo-Geo in the future.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi Noah,

Thanks for posting and participating on the Neo-Geo thread.

Your creative work is beautiful :lust: Quite ingenious to make such a superb work of art using a Neo-Geo theme box. I'll gladly take this into consideration in the future and will give you business regarding your projects. :)

Thank you for sharing this and you're welcome to post anything involving Neo-Geo.

Anthony...

Thanks for the kind words! We had a lot of fun making these and experimenting with different designs. :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words! We had a lot of fun making these and experimenting with different designs. :)

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

Great individuals like yourself and those that participate are influential to society and contribute to humanity to make this world a better place.

If you have any new imaginative projects regarding to the Neo-Geo that you would like to demonstrate or offer to sell, please do so on this thread and will gladly take them into consideration! :)

Anthony...

Here are some pictures of my little project running some Neo Geo games on a small crt with AV out.

I usually only play with HDMI out, so I thought I would try it retro!

Hi Noah,

Thank you for kindly taking the time to demonstrate for creative work on a classic CRT unit. Personally, I feel that these classic TV's were just perfect for the Neo-Geo units. The way they deliver the sprites on the screen make it difficult to view on modern TV sets like LCD and HDTV .

However, you can now modify your CMVS & AES HDMI ready for modern televisions. For 25+ year old technology, it show how marvelous the Neo-Geo was undoubtedly ahead of its time (and beyond) :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning were going to look at a live stream video that was over 5 hours to publish. Its the longest video on the Neo-Geo thread to date.

It was done by the good people at UGClive (Ultimate Gaming Center). They describe themselves that they're SoCal's premier gaming center located in the heart of the San Fernando Valley. I will give them respect for spending plentiful hours concentrating on this video and give them credit they deserve on uploading this.

Thanks guys, keep up the great work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuIYrWcSlbo

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This afternoon, were back viewing Neo-Geo reviews. Today were with another Neo-Geo enthusiast that has a YouTube channel called, "Dave's Nostalgia Trip". The gentleman is with his friend playing a true classic for the NGCD, Ghost Pilots.

Enjoy.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Just received my copy of Crossed Swords 2 for the Neo-Geo AES. Razoola and Jeff Kurtz did a great job with it and used the best looking used carts and snap cases available for it.

Anthony...

Got mine too, both MVS and AES. Wow, this feels like a new release back in the 90s. Now back to playing more of this.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

This afternoon, I'm playing Pocket Fighting Series: Samurai Shodown 2 for the NGPC. One of the better fighting titles for the unit with amazing art work and controls for the pocket color. Fun and worth playing this game repeatedly. I did it for years. :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA2fgacmDQQ

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again with Neo-Geo enthusiast and Atariage member, "Htaed7". This morning were going to watch his video regarding the Taito Type X-X2. What are these you ask? Well this is what Wikipedia has to say about them.

"The Taito Type X is an arcade system board released by Taito Corporation in 2004.

Based on commodity PC hardware architecture, Type X is not a specification for a single set of hardware, but rather a modular platform supporting multiple hardware configurations with different levels of graphical capability. This flexibility allows game developers limited choice in selecting a configuration to fit the game's specific requirements, and allows the platform as a whole to more efficiently support gaming titles with vastly different computing needs. For example, the Type X+ and Type X² models have upgrade graphics processing power, which could be put toward better game visuals, or outputing to higher-resolution (HDTV) displays. The Type X7 board is used primarily for pachinko machines in Japan. Rawiya co-owned the company that produced this system board"

And here is the list of titles that were developed by SNK/Playmore to be played onto these boards.

Type X / Type X+ games (2004–2010)

Type X² games (2007–)

Enjoy these two part uploads that Htaed7 made for us.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Back again showing Neo-Geo reviews. This morning were back with Dave from "Dave's Nostalgia Trip" and he'll be with his friend discussing Cyber-Lip for the NGCD. Always in the mood to help the Neo-Geo fans across the Atlantic and willing to extend their viewing index to help them become more noticeable to other video gamers.

When it comes to personal reviews you'll never know what can happen. That's what makes it so enjoyable.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This morning were once again with the, "Neo Geo Fanatic" showing a video review of The King of Fighters: The Orochi Saga.

This upload will primarily concentrate on the story line rather than the gameplay of this era during the series. Its a finely detailed video to watch, and gives proper insight for those that are interested on the series of the King of Fighters for this time period.

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjZmllmqCRo

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This afternoon were once again with the, "Neo Geo Fanatic" showing a video review of the top 5 SNK Fighting game openings/intros. I have to admit, some of these intros I haven't seen in years. Glad to see the NGF helped reappear some of these titles intros for the general gaming public to view them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4L9zxSGS6U

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This afternoon, were back with the good fellow from across the Atlantic, Dave from "Dave's Nostalgia Trip". The gentleman will be doing a review of Galaxy Fight: Universal Warrior for the Neo-Geo CD. A good personal review that details the quirks in this title. But its a entertaining title none the less.

Anthony...